Transport From Krabi Airport To Sofitel Krabi

bginbkk

In about two weeks I will be staying at the Sofitel Krabi (Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort).

Can someone please advise as to how or what is the best way to get from Krabi Airport to this Hotel. I have heard that there is no taxi service as such where you can just arrive & get a taxi to your hotel - That they must be pre booked? Is it private taxis only? What would be the cost for two people? I assume the hotel can offer a service but I would like to check what other options I have as well.

Thank you.

There are taxis from the airport and are all a fixed price depending on destination.

Ao Nang is 600B i think, but Klong Muang will be more i guess.

You can get a cheaper taxi by pre booking and there is a thread about this already.

Try asiareservations.net as they have been recommended by a few people.

• 7 months later...
There are taxis from the airport and are all a fixed price depending on destination.

Ao Nang is 600B i think, but Klong Muang will be more i guess.

You can get a cheaper taxi by pre booking and there is a thread about this already.

Try asiareservations.net as they have been recommended by a few people.

Any other options on transportation to the Klong Muang area from the Krabi airport. The last post mentioned about 600 baht one-way.

There are taxis from the airport and are all a fixed price depending on destination. Ao Nang is 600B i think, but Klong Muang will be more i guess. You can get a cheaper taxi by pre booking and there is a thread about this already. Try asiareservations.net as they have been recommended by a few people.
Any other options on transportation to the Klong Muang area from the Krabi airport. The last post mentioned about 600 baht one-way.

It just so happens that I snapped another photo while I was there...

Krabi Airport Private Taxi Prices (08/2009):

krabiairportprivatetaxi.jpg

There's also another one right next to it with basically the same prices so I just cropped the photo to show this one.

Note that if you arrange a "joint ticket" (share ride) it will of course lower the price substantially, as you can see here with the adjacent service:

krabiairportprivatetaxi.jpg

Best of luck and enjoy Krabi !

That is unbelievabel!!!!!!

The Sofitel don't do free airport transfer.

Got to Nakamanda or Sheraton next time.....

Huh? whats unbelievable about it? It is only the Sofitel; not a true 5 or even 4 star hotel property. You get what you pay for afterall.

Yes your right. Sofitel is a pokey little place. 3 star rooms , 3 star service and a shitty little 7000 sq metre 3 star pool.

You couldn't pay me to stay there.

What about customer service. It probably costs 200Baht in fuel to the airport.

I would expect free transportation if i stayed there.... but i only do 5 star

Yes your right. Sofitel is a pokey little place. 3 star rooms , 3 star service and a shitty little 7000 sq metre 3 star pool.

You couldn't pay me to stay there.

What about customer service. It probably costs 200Baht in fuel to the airport.

I would expect free transportation if i stayed there.... but i only do 5 star

Why doesn't the OP say to the Sofitel, "transfer me at no charge or I'll book elswhere that does have complimentary service".

There are a ton of Krabi Hotels that would love to have your business OP, have you paid for the room already?

P.S. and reason for edit-I can't believe they advertise a golf course. It's more of a mini golf or pitch and putt, 4 clubs and you're fine 3,7,9 and putter, good2go.

Edited by grumpyoldman

Why doesn't the OP say to the Sofitel, "transfer me at no charge or I'll book elswhere that does have complimentary service".

There are a ton of Krabi Hotels that would love to have your business OP, have you paid for the room already?

P.S. and reason for edit-I can't believe they advertise a golf course. It's more of a mini golf or pitch and putt, 4 clubs and you're fine 3,7,9 and putter, good2go.

I am not aware of any hotel in Krabi that offers complementary shuttle service to and from the airport.

• 1 year later...

I have been to Thailand 20 - 25 trips ( lost count - all a blurr) I really hated the taxi and public transport system in Phuket with all of the inflated and set price fares. (Motorbike taxis in Patong with a base price flagfall of 100 baht etc) I will never go back to Phuket, mostly due to this. I would rather give away 1,000 baht then be ripped off for one baht. For my up-and-coming trip to Ao Nang I am getting a feeling of Dejavu with the fixed taxi prices from Krabi airport. I too have been seeking a hotel who would do me a deal on transfers - but 'No Deal'. They all start at 600 baht. I am sure that it won't affect tourists who have only been to Thailand once or twice. But to me there is no justification for charging 600 baht Krabi Airport to AoNang. Just for comparison, I can go from Pattaya to Bangkok for 1,000 baht. I will pay the 500 - 600 from Krabi airport, but if travel around the district is similarly inflated, then it will be my one and only trip there.:realangry:

I have been to Thailand 20 - 25 trips ( lost count - all a blurr) I really hated the taxi and public transport system in Phuket with all of the inflated and set price fares. (Motorbike taxis in Patong with a base price flagfall of 100 baht etc) I will never go back to Phuket, mostly due to this. I would rather give away 1,000 baht then be ripped off for one baht. For my up-and-coming trip to Ao Nang I am getting a feeling of Dejavu with the fixed taxi prices from Krabi airport. I too have been seeking a hotel who would do me a deal on transfers - but 'No Deal'. They all start at 600 baht. I am sure that it won't affect tourists who have only been to Thailand once or twice. But to me there is no justification for charging 600 baht Krabi Airport to AoNang. Just for comparison, I can go from Pattaya to Bangkok for 1,000 baht. I will pay the 500 - 600 from Krabi airport, but if travel around the district is similarly inflated, then it will be my one and only trip there.:realangry:

Soloman, thanks for digging up an oldy here, this forum is sooooo sleepy, I think before your post the last post was 3-4 days ago.

Now, on topic, yes I agree taxi's and tuk-tuks here tend to be where people get burned, but compared to where I come from (So. Cal, USA) it's still a bargain. Shared van from LAX to parts of So. Cal are 60$US (1800thb) a private car or taxi 150-200US$ (4500-6000thb).

Family of mine from Stockholm were in earlier in the year stayed at Centara Grand Phuket paid 300thb one way to Patong. Expensive for Thailand, sure, their comment "much better than prices for cabs in Stockholm".

As I posted earlier Krabi La Playa used to offer free transfers for a 3-night stay, other hotels do the same, just internet search around. Otherwise there is a white truck with blue awnings that does the transfer for 150thb or so, just don't think they have a regular schedule.

Good luck and don't let the small stuff get you down, enjoy your Thailand vacation.