Movie Extras Needed Feb 2, 3 & 5

joebuzzard

A friend passed this news along.

Farang extras, both men and women, dressed as typical Western backpackers, are needed for a few bar scenes.

There's no pay but you can drink free beer all night long while serving as backdrop for scenes, my friend says.

Show up at the Bar Beer Center, Moon Muang Road (near Tha Pha Gate and Top North Hotel) on one or more of these dates.

Wednesday Feb 2 8pm-2am

Thursday Feb 3 5pm-midnight

Saturday Feb 5 9pm-5am

The film is a romantic drama of some sort called Kingdom of Silence, by first-time feature director Seth Grossman. The two Thai leads are Pawarit Mongkhonpisit ("Bank," who starred in BANGKOK DANGEROUS and SOM AND BANK) and Florence Vanida Faivre, the Thai-French model who also played the lead in THAWIPOP (SIAM RENAISSANCE).

Extras might get to meet Florence.

De Warrenne Pictures is the production company, some one that was behind the Samui-based Anglo-Thai hybrid, Butterfly Man.

Cool.. sounds like a good venue for the next CM TV Meeting.. :o

Then again, most of us don't look like backpackers..

I think we could make the effort; just stop washing and shaving, get some cotton Thai style shirts, sandals and fisherman's pants.

Cool.. sounds like a good venue for the next CM TV Meeting.. :o

Then again, most of us don't look like backpackers..

I think we could make the effort; just stop washing and shaving, get some cotton Thai style shirts, sandals and fisherman's pants.

And don't forget the stick on dreds...yes, I'm off to buy a backpack now. :D

I went to the bar beer center set last night, hardly any of the many extras there fit the narrow backpacker descriptions I'm reading here. It's obvious the filmmakers are taking the meaning in its loosest sense, ie, independent travelers of all ages whether bald, skinhead or dreadlocked. Anything but a suit and tie would do, I should think, from the looks of it.

Do you think there will be any bald 50 year old backpacker extra vacancies.? I promise not to shower between now and tomorrow night, but I have not got the customary pony tail (required by law) that goes with the bald pate. My son left his back pack here last time he came, I can throw some old shorts in the pond and let them dry out so they smell bad and can squash the S##t out of a shirt, maybee even put a few small cigerette holes in to make it look like I smoke dope, suerly they would choose me then? What do you think??? :o

> I went to the bar beer center set last night, hardly any of the

> many extras there fit the narrow backpacker descriptions I'm reading here.

Of course, that's why the announcement and 'free beer' thing is necessary. Apparently they're looking for something with bars and christmas lights, but with backpackers as a backdrop, not the usual senior citizens's AA convention. :o

If the target was just backpackers they could just go film at Daret's or something. (Or go to Pai. :D )

A friend passed this news along.

Farang extras, both men and women, dressed as typical Western backpackers, are needed for a few bar scenes.

There's no pay but you can drink free beer all night long while serving as backdrop for scenes, my friend says.

Geez, when they were filming Air America in CNX they gave a modest daily stipend to extras, all the beer you could drink if you made it into the bar scene, and best of all 800 baat to get a military haircut which of course only cost 20 baat at the time.