Powered Subwoofer

jcon

I have a Nakamichi Soundspace system gathering dust at my house... been there for a long time, I don't use it because it didn't come with the subwoofer at the time (Soundspace has it's own sub - but it's only a 30 watt sub IIRC, so nothing special).

The system itself has a "sub-out," so I was wondering where I could find a store which sells powered subwoofers here in Bangkok. 8-10" maybe, nothing huge because the Soundspace speakers don't put out that much volume and a 12" 500 watt sub would basically drown out everything...

Just looking for a nice and tight bass sound... 2nd hand is fine, as this isn't my main audio system and it doesn't need to rock the house, it's for a guestroom - but I figure the Nakamichi looks nice, but it just needs some bass for it to be acceptable as a system... now if I can just find the remote....

Recommendations?

p.s. I had no idea where to post this, I know this is the "internet forum", but there is no mention of "audio" anywhere on TV AFAIK.

Funny you should talk about powered subs...I was just out looking at them today. You can find a very wide selection of them at PowerBuy. I saw powered subs starting at 4000 Baht and going up to around 15000 Baht. Brand-wise, I saw Sherwood, MRZ, JBL, and a few others. Check out their website, and you can see all of the powered subs they have for yourself. Personally, I am looking at getting a MRZ (never heard of the brand). Soundtest was great, the price is good (4900 baht), comes in black, has an auto on/off feature, and has adjustable gain and phase knobs.

Hope this helps.

--radigast

Edited by radigast

looked at the website, prices seem wacky... just checked out my cell phone on there (Nokia E66) and they have it for sale at 99,000 baht? huh?????? For what I paid, i could buy 5 of them if I bought at the powerbuy price listed.... :)