Pm Vows Reconciliation In 8 Months

webfact

Thaksin defends himself in email

By: BangkokPost.com 1/05/2009 at 04:48 PM

Noppadon Pattama, a former lawyer for ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, circulated an emailed statement from his boss to reporters on Friday. Thaksin denied being the driving force behind the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD).

Thaksin said he, his family and his supporters were victims of a distortion of the truth.

Thaksin denied he was the leader of the red-shirt protesters, and said he only gave them encouragement in their fight for democracy.

"Truth has been distorted and I am blamed by old political clique that I lead the protest to create chaos in the society.

''I am accused of leading those demanding democracy for the benefit of myself and my family.

"I would like to confirm that although I share the same route in demanding justice and democracy for the Thais, I am not behind the protest that led to political unrest," Thaksin said in the statement.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/14...imself-in-email

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM unworried by planned protest on eve of regional influenza meeting

BANGKOK, May 1 (TNA) - Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said he is unworried about the protest planned by anti-government demonstrators before next week's regional health ministers meeting on influenza A (H1N1) to be hosted by Thailand.

The prime minister said that deputy prime minister Suthep Thaugsuban would direct security measures for the ASEAN public health ministers meeting in Bangkok Thursday and Friday May 7-8.

The protest which scuttled the ASEAN summit in Pattaya on April 11 will be a lesson to lay out security measures to prevent recurrence of such a problem, he said.

Mr. Abhisit said he believed the regional influenza meeting will benefit the country and help the world community understand (the political situation in Thailand).

The ministerial meeting is very important because the world is greatly concerned about influenza A (H1N1) and the ASEAN countries must cooperate to fight the threat of a possible pandemic, said Mr. Abhisit.

The government has to go ahead to hold the meeting although the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) plans to hold another protest on May 6, one day before the regional meeting on influenza A (H1N1) starts.

Asked about possible violence, the prime minister said the government is not careless as there was disturbance in the past. Meanwhile, he called for protesters to conduct their demonstration under the terms of the law. (TNA)

Political News : Last Update : 18:39:27 1 May 2009 (GMT+7:00)

http://enews.mcot.net/view.php?id=9744

Koo and 'gang' obviously have 'higher' priorities than the 'mere' global economic crisis and potential flu 'pandemic' effects on Thailand at this time.

One fully realises their greatest hope (Dr Thaksin) has to 'step up the pressure' as the court date for confiscation of his frozen approx 2.2 billion USD approaches next month but if your guys disrupt the Asean Summit flu meeting next week then your 'fearless' leader will need more than The Economist partner Sam Moon for a PR 'fix.

Can we also expect Dr Thaksin's mini-me Jakrapob to issue more threats of 'armed attacks' from his 'secret' hideout (in Cambodia) via another 'exclusive' phone call to BBC's Jonathan Head?

Actually at this point, if reds DO protest the Asean Summit flu meeting next week, one wouldn't be surprised to see reds running to the Army begging for protection- from normal citizens whom have frankly had enough. :)

Actually at this point, if reds DO protest the Asean Summit flu meeting next week, one wouldn't be surprised to see reds running to the Army begging for protection- from normal citizens whom have frankly had enough. :)

The Asean Summit is held in countries like a circle. Each country will take turn to be host. The Summit could not be held last year because of PAD's protests.

Following the queue, the Summit is set for Khun Thaksin, not Abhisit.

But the coup stops Khun Thaksin.

The Asean Summit is held in countries like a circle. Each country will take turn to be host. The Summit could not be held last year because of PAD's protests.

This is not a ASEAN Summit but an ASEAN health meeting.

Abhisit is the ASEAN acknowledged leader of Thailand.

All those ASEAN leaders KNOW Thaksin personally.

NONE of them think he is leader of Thailand.

As stated above, the average Thais want ASEAN to deal with H1N1 Flue as a group

and not haphazard, hit or miss.

There is a MUCH larger constituency wanting this dealt with properly,

than BOTH RED AND YELLOW SIDES COMBINED...

If the Reds even SLIGHTLY move on the meeting they will get stomped on big time,

the play time niceties with kid gloves is over.

No one will tolerate this again.

this is a health meeting regarding a dangerous disease which everybody can catch including you!

Are you jealous that Khun Abhisit is chairing this meeting and not Taksin???

This is too much for me to understand...

So the heads of state don't need to be at the G20 summit, they can do it by phone. What the hel_l are you people discussing here? This could and I stress could be a pandemic. Sounds like a good reason to me. Oh but this is Thailand, so normal rules need not apply. It will also give back some 'face' that the Thai's lost due to the debacle previously caused by the marauding hooligans.

I am not red or white because I am not Thai, but I give 10 from 10 for the PM for still standing and out witting the ex policeman.

Cheers, Rick.

So the heads of state don't need to be at the G20 summit, they can do it by phone. What the hel_l are you people discussing here? This could and I stress could be a pandemic. Sounds like a good reason to me. Oh but this is Thailand, so normal rules need not apply. It will also give back some 'face' that the Thai's lost due to the debacle previously caused by the marauding hooligans.

I am not red or white because I am not Thai, but I give 10 from 10 for the PM for still standing and out witting the ex policeman.

Cheers, Rick.

VOTE:

Which leader would be best to combat an influenza outbreak in Thailand:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Protest-...an-t261950.html

Snap Election is just the generic term for any election before a term is officially up.

Sometimes it IS called very fast ...

No. Snap elections are usually called with only enough notice for the purposes of logistics - about a month.

My question was, what did he say in Thai? The Nation reporter clearly used the wrong term - "early election" or "mid-term election" would have been better.

But I completely understand if you feel compelled to protect your beloved PM from any possible criticism that he might have said something silly. However, that was not my intent. :)

this is a health meeting regarding a dangerous disease which everybody can catch including you!

Koos logic wins the day again I see.

Indeed, those who whinge about the pattaya summit have short memories about the meeting planned for last year that the PAD scuppered (along with the high season).

I love the way Koo bats on against these hi-so intelectual falangs and kicks ass day after day.

Thaksinophobia - a hatred of elected Prime Ministers by supposed intelects with no knowledge of Thailand.

Indeed, those who whinge about the pattaya summit have short memories about the meeting planned for last year that the PAD scuppered (along with the high season).

I love the way Koo bats on against these hi-so intelectual falangs and kicks ass day after day.

Thaksinophobia - a hatred of elected Prime Ministers by supposed intelects with no knowledge of Thailand.

Back to REAL life, back to REALITY, Ex-PM Thaksin's then Govt's front-line response to 2005 bird flu was COMPLETE denial, followed by multiple exposed attempts at a complete cover-up (with multiple attempts to muzzle the press) and finally by half-witted mostly concocted 'PR' attempts at convincing a correction was underway. All in all a self 'face-saving' attempt in the face of exposed reality (some patterns never seem to change... sadly but predictably)

Fast forward to present day and 'Dr' Thaksin & core gang of merry-makers apparently have HIGHER priorities than the 'PETTY' global economic crisis and potential flu so-called 'pandemic' effects on Thailand at this time (both could actually work in their favour- some sickly probably hope)

One fully realises Dr Thaksin has been 'stepping up the pressure' as the court date for confiscation of his frozen approx 2.2 billion USD approaches next month but IF his devout & sadly used protesters disrupt the Asean health leaders flu Summit next week then 'fearless' self-serving wannabe leader (at any cost- preferably to OTHERS) Dr Thaksin will need more than his PR man (& The Economist/Business Week longtime partner) Sam Moon for a PR 'fix'.

See 'Building a Better Future' with Moon bent under Dr Thaksin (apparently the 'Clinton of Asia') here:

http://www.buildingbetterfuture.org/advisors/sam-moon

Can we also expect Dr Thaksin's mini-me Jakrapob to issue more threats of 'armed attacks' from his 'secret' hideout (in Cambodia?) conveniently broadcast to the world via yet another 'exclusive' phone call to BBC's Jonathan Head?

Actually at this point, if the reds DO have the gall to protest the Asean influenza meeting next week, one wouldn't be surprised to see them running to the Army begging for protection- from the colourless MAJORITY of citizens whom have frankly had quite enough of 'square-faced, self-serving Frank'.

Meanwhile, some Walter Mitty type FEARangs jump on the Thaksin bandwagon, not for 'democracy' but mostly in mortal fear of being left behind in an evolving Thailand (shudder some) which some see as threatening their WM desired lifestyles... (and in true Mitty-esque denial, hoping for a return on 70 to Sterling etc - nevermind global current realities, bit of a reach, especially for some blinkered WM grandpops sadly;)

The Asean Summit is held in countries like a circle. Each country will take turn to be host.

Following the queue, the Summit is set for Thaksin, not Abhisit.

The Summit was set for Thailand, not Thaksin. The "queue" of ASEAN Chairmanship rotates amongst countries, not any individual from those countries. *

Now I know you may think that they are one and the same, but they are not.

In the same manner that the Philippines previously had the same sort of leader in the murderous, megalomaniac dictator Marcos... he was still not the Philippines.

* Isn't learning the truth fun? :D

Edited by sriracha john

Giving himself a timeline (8 months) is very dangerous.

To set timelines/deadlines is quite common with politicians in this country. The one now in hiding to avoid prison was a master on that ...

He promised to "solve" almost everything in 3 month time... according to his blah blah blah.

I trust Mr. Abhisit HAS an agenda and he can meet it. That guy is not stupid and has chosen his words wisely.

To set timelines/deadlines is quite common with politicians in this country. The one now in hiding to avoid prison was a master on that ...

He promised to "solve" almost everything in 3 month time... according to his blah blah blah.

I trust Mr. Abhisit HAS an agenda and he can meet it. That guy is not stupid and has chosen his words wisely.

It was clearly an optimal timeline

and used definitive qualifiers like;

If thus and such happens then....

If you knew Thai, it would be even funnier because you would understand that the maker of the clip tried to put Khun Abhisit's words such as "key" (or feces in Thai) and other humorous things with the name of your beloved fugitive. For example, (s)he put "Karn chab"=Arrest with "Key"=Piece of sh*t..... Hope you get the idea.

But surely Koo has always claimed to be a Thai woman and so would understand the ironies of this, or are we going to find we have been shockingly misled?

If you knew Thai, it would be even funnier because you would understand that the maker of the clip tried to put Khun Abhisit's words such as "key" (or feces in Thai) and other humorous things with the name of your beloved fugitive. For example, (s)he put "Karn chab"=Arrest with "Key"=Piece of sh*t..... Hope you get the idea.

But surely Koo has always claimed to be a Thai woman and so would understand the ironies of this, or are we going to find we have been shockingly misled?

I have posted in another thread (with reply from Mr. Animatic) about that. You might be right and we were be misled...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Arrest-Warra...14#entry2703114

Her logic only wins the day if you think

day is night and wear sunglasses till the sun comes up.

Thaksinphobie is fear of Thaksin and all he stands for in thruth, not what comes out of his mouth.

Your superciliousness is grating, it's like you imagine only you can get a good idea of hailand and no others.

The summet for 2008 was scuppered because the lame duck, waiting to be dissolved,

Thaksin puppet government, wasn't able to hold it from sheer incompetence.

Interestingly you misspell intellectual and intellects within two sentences while insulting opposing thinkers.

Sorry gramps your pronouncements hold as little water as Koo's recent ramblings, in most instances,

for people who actually THINK THROUGH THE PROBLEMS OF THE DAY...

And try to throw in Hi So to make it seem a further division within the culture.

I don't feel insulted by the hi so appelation, I see it only an atempt to build resentment against opposing thought.

I see that you appear in any way don't want true reconciliation any more than Tkaksin wants it,

if he doesn't WIN first.

No better an political attack than Thaksin's disingenuous whining.

I have posted in another thread (with reply from Mr. Animatic) about that. You might be right and we were be misled...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Arrest-Warra...14#entry2703114

As I have noted before I don't dislike Koo82, she is genuine most of the time.

I can not say that on either point about a few select others here.

But no matter, I worry for Koo, for the simple reason she is being apparently manipulated,

though she means well, she has the appearance of being co-opted, and that's a shame.

It also is a window and indicator of the tactics and manipulations used in the red rallies,

and hierarchy to keep their 'base' intact. People would not do some of these things,

if not having been repeatedly and indecently fed propaganda for a particular point of view.

The conservatives in the USA Republican party, driven by Karl Rove, used many of the same

vile, hate mongering, tactics to energize it's 'base' and keep it together.

Fear of 'the others' makes a group tighter knit, even if those 'others' never posed a REAL threat.

People don't get violent unless they are led to FEAR another side in a morbid way.

Who puts these ideas into their heads?

Well PTP MP's certainly don't deny being on stage and stirring up rallies for their cause,

which is bringing back Dr. T. with no charges and reinstatement of his position.

When Koo was clearly only her original persona, she posed questions and gave answers,

but there was no repeating of slogans and illogical phrases. Her pictures had an amateur

but true feel to them. Now the images seem semi-pro and gauged to create impact,

not the work of love, but one of intended psychological impact.

There is $2.2 billion on the block in a month or so...

this is certainly enough money for Kuhn T. to do most ANYTHING to win back.

Excepting he is not going to win this battle, he has proved too dangerous and vindictive

to EVER be given back that pile of cash, and then allowed to run free.

It really has come down to a national security issue at this point.

Maybe Potjamin will get some back with strict orders not to give him any,

it's Damapong money ONLY, or OTHER things will be dug up, and she will lose

her Khunying status and maybe more. She's smart, she may likely get the point.

Be quiet and your life will be good, keep up your ex's BS and you go down with him.

I don't hate Thaksin, never did, but I FEAR his return to power,

for the ruin it will bring to Thailand and more the Thai People.

Sense of proportion is not his strong point.

Edited by animatic

If a poster is being illogical, does it make sense for us to try to put forward logical arguments? You will notice that every illogical argument used by a certain member on this forum is supported by even more illogical arguments and thus no matter what you say, they will never accept your logical arguments because their foundations are illogical to begin with.

In certain forums there is a term for these people are who make nonsensical statements just to see a full-blooded response by the "educated" community. I believe these are called "trolls"?

If a poster is being illogical, does it make sense for us to try to put forward logical arguments? You will notice that every illogical argument used by a certain member on this forum is supported by even more illogical arguments and thus no matter what you say, they will never accept your logical arguments because their foundations are illogical to begin with.

In certain forums there is a term for these people are who make nonsensical statements just to see a full-blooded response by the "educated" community. I believe these are called "trolls"?

I personally do it for those that might, from lack of background information,

believe these illogical pronouncements are actual fact or partake of some truth.

I believe Koo has fallen into this trap....

Countering the : A lie told often enough eventually becomes truth,

unless the truth is shouted from the hill tops, and by aclaim deemed truth.

Too few subsribe to this

5857_BelieveNothingBuddhaMagnetC11_1.jpg

Viva les credulous!

Trolls on the other hand know the difference,

but actively make trouble by provocative statements either from sheer contrariness,

or from it being their job description.

Edited by animatic

May I remind that Mr. Abhisit won his confidence vote in parliament. Even some votes came from the opposition.

So, he got a mandate from your political brothers and sisters as well, right? I know it is hard to lose face and admit you have failed not only in parliament but in the entire country.

So Abhisit didn't get kicked out by a no confidence motion? So what? It's reconciliation on the streets that AbhisIt promised us. Where is it? Why doesn't Abhisit get the peole to give him a vote of confidence?

The one in Hua Hin and Pattaya were for Khun Thaksin. It was planned to be held in Bangkok. Failed. Chiang Mai. Failed. Hua Hin done. Pattaya failed.

Now they set date for another one.

Jealous? :D Our doctor is jealous with a kinder garten kid going into kinder garten :D . Abhisit must rush for overseas trips to take change shaking hands with other country leaders. Hurry hurry!

The Summit was set for Thailand, not Thaksin. The "queue" of ASEAN Chairmanship rotates amongst countries, not any individual from those countries. *

Correct. Was set for Thailand. And Thai Prime Minister would still be Khun Thaksin. He has not done his 4 year term yet.

May I remind that Mr. Abhisit won his confidence vote in parliament. Even some votes came from the opposition.

So, he got a mandate from your political brothers and sisters as well, right? I know it is hard to lose face and admit you have failed not only in parliament but in the entire country.

So Abhisit didn't get kicked out by a no confidence motion? So what? It's reconciliation on the streets that AbhisIt promised us. Where is it? Why doesn't Abhisit get the peole to give him a vote of confidence?

No he said country, not streets.

There many many more people involved than just the street renegade brigades.

It is the division within PTP that points this out the most.

There are still PTP members who voted their consciouse

and backed the government because

nothing was proved by their OWN PTP LEADERS.

The PTP hardcore Thaksin leadership is the red shirt controler,

but that doesn't go for ALL the PTP MPs.

By driving a wedge of good intentions and good actions,

between the red controlers and the moderate PTP members,

the MAJORITY can reach some form of reconciliation.

The exreme fringes NEVER will be reconciled,

just as there are STILL Red Communists looking for a resurgence even 30 years later.

Reconciliation on the streets is not the aim,

but the majority of the body politic taking

a live and let live stance should be the real goal.

Correct. Was set for Thailand. And Thai Prime Minister would still be Khun Thaksin. He has not done his 4 year term yet.

jeezz.... not this "argument" again! PLEASE!

Catch the ones who blocked airport first. Cannot? Because they helped Abhisit to get power.

The one whose wife bought a land with their own money.

And the ones who caused the huge lost from closing 2 airports in 8 days. Not to mention a dozen of other damages they did before that.

Who are worse?

True! Abhisit has chosen his words wisely, but that's all he can do. He only speaks. Was he the one who said "We will not use violence to the reds"?