Best Beach Resort In Sichon

donx

Hi Olsen

Sorry for being a pest.

You mentioned Tesco Lotus 50 km south of Khanom against Nakhon si Thammaret. AGAINST meaning next/close to Nakhon Si Thammerat??? Im confused:):)

I think Olsen meant "toward" instead of "against". There is a Tesco Lotus in Tha Sala, 50 km south of Khanom.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Olsen

Sorry for being a pest.

You mentioned Tesco Lotus 50 km south of Khanom against Nakhon si Thammaret. AGAINST meaning next/close to Nakhon Si Thammerat??? Im confused:) :)

Where is the location of Thong Ching beach.I mean what bigger beach is it located near it and how many kilometers as i cant find Haat Thong Ching mentioned on any map ??? Yes i will have a rented car.

Are you in the real estate business??

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Regds Eddie

Hi Eddie,

The genuine Thai Food I referred to was actually at the resort...it is Thai owned, Thai managed and the chef is Thai. They make Thai food for Thai guests......so genuine Thai food when it's best!

There are plenty of waterfalls in Nakhon Si Thammarat. So far I've only visited one....Khao Nan Nationalparl...but I know there are many more also closer to Khanom.... I suggest you Google Khanom Waterfall ....I don't have any experiences about this myself ;-)

Khanom is located 10 kilometer closer to Surat Than than to Nakhon Si Thammarat....

As for pricing I suggest you visit their website: www.baanthongching.com

Nearest shopping center is Tesco/Lotus in Tha Sala some 50 kilometers south of Khanom against Nakhon Si Thammarat.

And finally Yes, Eddie, the sea will be like the photo....calm and no big waves..... :-)

Sorry for the confusion....donx is right...I meant "towards".....Tesco is located in Tha Sala ;-)

You can try and view the map here, maybe this will make things more clear to you?

Khanom Beach Map

And yes....I am in real estate both as a broker and developer ;-)

Happy New Year to you, too....

I love your joyful, constructive and positive posts ... tell me...have you ever visited Thong Ching Bay yourself? But you still do not agree it is amongst the best beaches in Thailand?? OK...each to his own taste....then I will enjoy this beach all by myself ;-)

Olsen, give it a rest will you. I walked down that coastline way before the road was ever constructed. Yes, it is ok but no, it is not amongst the best beaches in Thailand, far from it. Clean the rose tint from your glasses and as I said before maybe time for you to do a bit more traveling.

Actually, you enjoy that beach by yourself ...... and I just hope that there is no internet access there - so we don't have to continue listening to you.

:)

So you walked down that coastline way before the road was ever constructed???

Nice try....There is no road leading to Baan Thong Ching and Thong Ching Bay....unless of course you refer to the dirt road that is cut into the mountain? Do you really call this a "road"???

So you walked down that coastline way before the road was ever constructed???

Nice try....There is no road leading to Baan Thong Ching and Thong Ching Bay....unless of course you refer to the dirt road that is cut into the mountain? Do you really call this a "road"???

Suggest you go back and have another look. :)

Hey.... If you visit Baan Thong Ching.....located at Thong Ching Bay....there is only a tiny dirt road leading to this place....cut into the mountain from the old ferry port at Kwang Pao Bay.....Guess South doesn't know where Thong Ching Bay is located :)

'Drove' there for a wedding about 18 months or so ago.

Baan Tong Ching!! Nice place if you want peace and quiet and a nice beach BUT they rooms are WAY over priced and you are stuck there..... the nearest shop would be a 15 minute drive or a 1 hour walk...... enjoy.

P.S - No TV or fridge in the rooms.....

I love your joyful, constructive and positive posts ... tell me...have you ever visited Thong Ching Bay yourself? But you still do not agree it is amongst the best beaches in Thailand?? OK...each to his own taste....then I will enjoy this beach all by myself ;-)

Hi Olsen, it sounds like you own the resort. Is the beach as beautiful as the picture? It sounds quite remote? Are there any other resorts that you can walk to to have something to eat or drink? My wife (Thai) has a bad leg and can not walk for very long distances. Can I rent a motorcycle from Ban Thing Ching resort? How far away is Nadan beach? How far away is Khanom city? Will the owners of Ban Thong Ching Resort give you a lift to Khanom to cath the minibus to Surat? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hi Olsen, it sounds like you own the resort. Is the beach as beautiful as the picture? It sounds quite remote? Are there any other resorts that you can walk to to have something to eat or drink? My wife (Thai) has a bad leg and can not walk for very long distances. Can I rent a motorcycle from Ban Thing Ching resort? How far away is Nadan beach? How far away is Khanom city? Will the owners of Ban Thong Ching Resort give you a lift to Khanom to cath the minibus to Surat? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hi Craig,

No, I am not the owner of this resort...I just promote it because I love this place and want to see them survive.....

And yes, the beach is as beautiful as on the photos....

There are a few Thai resorts and restaurants in Kwang Pao Bay. This is a 10 to 15 minutes walk up the dirt road crossing the mountain.....so I guess this is not too easy for your wife.

I am sure you can rent a motorbike from them to visit the area.

It is some 10 kilometers north of Khanom Town.

The resort will be glad to assist with bringing and picking you up from and to the bus station.....

Nadan Beach is also located some 10 kilometers from this resort.

Google Baan Thong Ching or call them at 087 915 3322 they will pick you up at the bus station in Khanom and bring you back again.

Have a nice stay :)

• 1 year later...

Today I went to check Prasarnsook Resort but they only had small and smelly rooms for 550b, the other option was to pay 2000b/night. Where do I find something decent in Sichon area for ~1000b/night for a week or two?

I need:

- Clean room

- Internet for working

I don't need:

- Hot water

- Air condition

Olsen, Looking forward to any info related to this quote. I was looking at the area for a 3/4 day hol and quite sold on Prasarnsook Resort....until I saw this post!

btw, We (wife and I) need a/c. Beach, Bungalow type...and one complication...a really well behaved house dog.

Today I went to check Prasarnsook Resort but they only had small and smelly rooms for 550b, the other option was to pay 2000b/night. Where do I find something decent in Sichon area for ~1000b/night for a week or two?

I need:

- Clean room

- Internet for working

I don't need:

- Hot water

- Air condition

Edited by thailoneus

Olsen, Looking forward to any info related to this quote. I was looking at the area for a 3/4 day hol and quite sold on Prasarnsook Resort....until I saw this post!

btw, We (wife and I) need a/c. Beach, Bungalow type...and one complication...a really well behaved house dog.

I need:

- Clean room

- Internet for working

I don't need:

- Hot water

- Air condition

Sorry I did not post recently.

I agree some of the smaller rooms in the rear is very simple and sometimes they smell. They´re used for backpackers and Thai tourists on a low budget.

At this price range I would rather recommend the neighbor just next to Prasarnsook, the name is Krua Poi Beach Resort. They have also cheap rooms with aircon from 500 THB/night.

If Wuffe was quoted 2,000 THB per night for the bigger bungalows near the beach, then it was probably just because he did not try to negotiate the price.

They always asks for a higher price than they expect the guest to pay. Quite normale in Sichon to negotiate the prices.

We usually pay 1,000 THB/night....but when there is many guests we sometimes have to pay 1,200 to 1,500 THB/night....but quite nice rooms and good food at the restaurant.

The two BEST resorts close to Sichon is Ekman Garden Resort and Yeoser Beach Resort.

Ekman is not a beachfront resort, but has nice rooms and pool and the wifie makes some decent food. It is located 12 kilometer south of Sichon towards Tha Sala.

Yesoer Beachfront has nice bungalows and really great food. Located some 25 kilometers south of Sichon towards Tha Sala.

Both resorts are quite isolated so you´ll need a car or motorbike to get around.

You can Google them for prices....:-)

• 3 weeks later...

I need:

- Clean room

- Internet for working

I don't need:

- Hot water

- Air condition

Sorry I did not post recently.

I agree some of the smaller rooms in the rear is very simple and sometimes they smell. They´re used for backpackers and Thai tourists on a low budget.

At this price range I would rather recommend the neighbor just next to Prasarnsook, the name is Krua Poi Beach Resort. They have also cheap rooms with aircon from 500 THB/night.

If Wuffe was quoted 2,000 THB per night for the bigger bungalows near the beach, then it was probably just because he did not try to negotiate the price.

They always asks for a higher price than they expect the guest to pay. Quite normale in Sichon to negotiate the prices.

We usually pay 1,000 THB/night....but when there is many guests we sometimes have to pay 1,200 to 1,500 THB/night....but quite nice rooms and good food at the restaurant.

I went back today to ask for 1-2 month prices and this time the rate per night was 1,400 for room up the hill and 1,800 near the beach. I asked for an offer for the 1,800b room and best they could do was 36,000/month. I asked at Khao Ply Dam aswell but they said the don't do discounts for long stays so it's the price per night (700b-1,800b) no matter how long you stay. Surely you can negotiate the prices down a bit but for that money I'd rather rent a pool villa than a standard room in a resort.

The beach at Khao Ply Dam is very nice, clean and quiet. Hin Ngam beach where Prasansook is, is quite dirty right now after the floods an all. They are slowly cleaning it but what bothers me the most is how much glass there is and I saw a Burmese guy today cleaning the rocky Prasansook end of the beach and he smashed all the glass bottles in the rocks (so he didn't have to carry them back to the trash bin??).

Both resorts are nice and relaxed and the staff is friendly, unfortunately their prices for long stays aren't.

Phew, wuffe, that was a nasty price for 1 month!

Strange that they´ve becomed that expensive since last year....I will ask my wife to talk to the owner....coz these prises are insane!

In Khanom you can get a decent clean and brand new bungalow at the beach for 1,500 THB per night.

And just across the beach road a bungalow costs 630 THB per night. Just a 100 meters stroll onto the beach.

But OK, I guess things changes in Sichon!

• 9 months later...

Today I went to check Prasarnsook Resort

We stopped there recently, not for a room but just for lunch. What a mistake. Quoted over high prices for basic stuff, we were surprised that no food seemed to be coming out of the kitchen for over half an hour to any table. We left after 50 minutes waiting as did other tables, paid for our drinks and won't be back. Strangely there was some expat sat at another table annoying the heck out of everyone by watching a movie at full volume on his laptop. A <deleted> moment I guess. Not the best way to run a resort business methinks.

i was in Khanom in december and i have say the beaches are not that great, sea is rough and nothing to do and a lot of prawn farms as been said tha sala is a nice place though i didn't see the beach and tesco is cheaper than koh samui that is for sure.