Liverpool In Bangkok

thaimiller

But please dont come on here as though you are 'Mr Man United', the faithful and long standing supporter, because you aint :)

Every time james posts, you can hear the cringes from Redrus and Nev here in Saudi :D

james is very good entertainment i come on here for a good laugh and wind up and i dont need to, i let our resident oot united lad do it all for me :D

they don't get more oot than James :D

just a thought though, do you actually have to have been in a city before you can be considered out of it :D

I have been to the city mate, in fact here is a lil funny story about my trip. Flew in from Cyprus, had a meeting in Blackburn the next morning at 830 so planned to catch the train. Set my watch to what I thought was the local time in Manchester. Woke up when the alarm went off, showered, shaved and put on the suit and tie. Headed down to the lobby for what I thought was 600 am for breakfast. Noticed all these guys pissing it up in the bar next to the lobby and thought wow, they know how to party in Manchester and saw nobody eating breakfast.

Went outside for a smoke (froze my ass off), then looked over at a clock behind the front desk and it said 3:00 am. :D

Edited by bkkjames

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to the Liverpool game and wasn't overly impressed with the benchwarming XI put out by Liverpool, despite excuses about humidity, pre-season, etc. If that was even a taste of what Liverpool have to offer if Gerrard and/or Torres suffer long-term injuries this season, then sadly I don't think they will be winning any silverware this coming season.

Watched a much more entertaining game between FC Seoul and Manchester United. A game in which Man U looked hungry to score. Where the hel_l was that hunger in Liverpool's game the other night? For some of the benchwarmers looking to get in on first team action this season, I'd like to ask them why they did little to prove themselves against a Thai XI, when they're likely to face much tougher oppositon in the Premier League this season.

Nice for Thai fans to see some 'faces' but very poor value for money, even if it was a pre-season friendly. Looked more like a training ground match.

I went to the Liverpool game and wasn't overly impressed with the benchwarming XI put out by Liverpool, despite excuses about humidity, pre-season, etc. If that was even a taste of what Liverpool have to offer if Gerrard and/or Torres suffer long-term injuries this season, then sadly I don't think they will be winning any silverware this coming season.

Watched a much more entertaining game between FC Seoul and Manchester United. A game in which Man U looked hungry to score. Where the hel_l was that hunger in Liverpool's game the other night? For some of the benchwarmers looking to get in on first team action this season, I'd like to ask them why they did little to prove themselves against a Thai XI, when they're likely to face much tougher oppositon in the Premier League this season.

Nice for Thai fans to see some 'faces' but very poor value for money, even if it was a pre-season friendly. Looked more like a training ground match.

it looked more like a training ground match mate because that is exactly what it was

Since Thailand v Liverpool star Thai player Winothai, (Leesaw) has fallen out of favour with many Thai fans as he chanted "Man U, Man U!" when teammate Sutee scored against Liverpool and for his rough tackling of Mascherano. To some Thais he crossed the line of Thai courtesy, however to many he provides the competitive spirit in desperate need in Thai football which is confrontational by nature.

from http://www.thaileaguefootball.com/

He made a rough tackle on Mascherano, but it was nothing uncommon and Mascherano has made so many too, he wasn't too worried about it either. I just hate the one rule for the big people, one rule for the small, when you are players you are all equal, Leesaw did a good job.

Thais shoud really get behind their players more, this type complaining and the fact that many never left their seat when Thailand scored really needs to change if they make it to World Cup 2014 (which has been declared the goal)

Edited by Nigbon

Steve Darby, Staff Coach, Thailand

Thailand 1-1 Liverpool

"We were delighted with the result, it wasn't a great game for the fans which is a pity but thats something that cant be controlled.

We did our best to attack Liverpool and felt we made a few good chances

Lang was injured the day before the game hence he only had 15 minutes and Sutee had a swollen ankle from a Singapore league game on sunday but was desperate to play.

We gave the young boys such as Kawin and Suttinum a chance near the end to develop their confidence for the SEA games...teerasil and kiataprawut are also sea games age.

Some of the Liverpool players were top class...Carragher, Babel, Mascherano and Lucas but our lads matched them in technique but we lost out in the physical challenges....upper body strength differences were massive....Torres was a bit special we were happy we only saw 15 minutes

Peter really proud of the players attitude and self belief and it was great to receive a good reception at the end...lets hope we we get the same crowd in November v Singapore

The AFC sent a group of young elite coaches to monitor Thailand's preparation and they have done a great analysis of the game for us."

Steve Darby

Since Thailand v Liverpool star Thai player Winothai, (Leesaw) has fallen out of favour with many Thai fans as he chanted "Man U, Man U!" when teammate Sutee scored against Liverpool and for his rough tackling of Mascherano. To some Thais he crossed the line of Thai courtesy, however to many he provides the competitive spirit in desperate need in Thai football which is confrontational by nature.

from http://www.thaileaguefootball.com/

He made a rough tackle on Mascherano, but it was nothing uncommon and Mascherano has made so many too, he wasn't too worried about it either. I just hate the one rule for the big people, one rule for the small, when you are players you are all equal, Leesaw did a good job.

Thais shoud really get behind their players more, this type complaining and the fact that many never left their seat when Thailand scored really needs to change if they make it to World Cup 2014 (which has been declared the goal)

I thought Sutee's goal celebration was a bit near the mark.Was his two finger 'salute' to anyone in particular or the contingent of Thai fans wearing Liverpool shirts?Couldn't see from the T.V.

• 1 year later...

What a news!! I just came to know about it from Airasia promotion. They have some package costing about 4.5k THB includes some days stay in bangkok and confirmed match tickets.

I am sure Its not gonna be more than 2k for good seats.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea which place to keep looking out for news regarding the sale of the tickets? I have been supporting Liverpool for a while and seriously can't afford to miss it.

Thanks

What a news!! I just came to know about it from Airasia promotion. They have some package costing about 4.5k THB includes some days stay in bangkok and confirmed match tickets.

I am sure Its not gonna be more than 2k for good seats.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea which place to keep looking out for news regarding the sale of the tickets? I have been supporting Liverpool for a while and seriously can't afford to miss it.

Thanks

Liverpool are not coming to Thailand...

but China, Malaysia and Korea.

http://www.lfctour.com/english