Liverpool In Bangkok

thaimiller

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to the game. Just hope that the team don't get too drunk on Sukhumvit road the night before the game.

When ever English players come to Asia to play football they tend to see as a jolly boys outing...

You won't have to worry about that, this is Liverpool we're talking about, there's only 2 Englishmen in their Team.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

The first time Liverpool played in Bangkok tickets sold out pretty quickly. But last time tickets were still available almost right up the day of the game. The stadium wasn't anywhere near 100% full. It was pissing down most of the day though, and I think they give so many freebies to sponsors that a lot of people who had tickets weren't real football fans and couldn't be bothered getting wet or sitting in the traffic.

The travelling support brought their banners with them, with the 'Urchins Sore Cock Tour' probably incomprehensible to most locals!

Edited by KhaoNiaw

Well there is news about the Singapore match with ticket pricing and details about seating, but not pricing details and seating info for Bangkok. There is a list, however, of places you can buy tickets in Bangkok. Anyone actually bought any yet?

see here

Press conference was this afternoon:

http://www.bangkokbugle.com/2009/05/liverp...et-details.html

Tickets will go on sale in Thailand on Friday, May 22, at branches of Adidas. Prices at 600 baht, 1,350 baht, 1,750 baht and 3,000 baht. First come, first served, free seating and a limit of four tickets per person.

Thank you :) I see there is a ticket hot line also - 0-2653-2201, see you all at the match :D

What Stadium is it in & what sort of Capacity are we talking ??

Rajamangala National Stadium at Hua Mark in Bangkapi on Rhamkhamhaeng Rd.

i think that was where I saw ManU in 1997 (or it could have been Liv pool in 2001? they all look the same to me anyhow :) )

traffic was a nightmare!! so those going, be prepared

i remember it was so bad that after being stuck in one spot more than an hour, we got to Rama 9, and thats where taxi decided to dump me cos he had a chance to turn back the other direction

so there i was in the middle of Rama 9, with no chance of getting another taxi! try to imagine it!

had at least 2 groups of people offer me a ride to the stadium though :D

everyone was very good natured about things.... well except the taxi driver that dumped me :D

Wish I could find a stadium map which indicates what price gets what section. Profitable Group did that with Singapore so hope they do it with Bangkok as I'll be calling my friend to go buy the tickets for me and want to know what I'm getting.

Profitable did have a map at the Press Conference yesterday but I cannot see one online.

Additionally, the 3,000 baht VIP tickets will only be available from Profitable Group. These are in the 'West Zone' and are the only ones that will not be free seating.

The 'North Zone' and 'South Zone' are the 600 baht free seating tickets and are, I think, behind the goals. The 'East Zone' is 1,350 baht and the 'West Zone' is divided into Maroon (1,750 baht), Orange (,2500 baht), Yellow (VIP - 3,000 baht) and Blue (VVIP - details on request from Profitable).

Please post here if you know anything about pricing specifics to do with what price gets what general seating area. Can't find this info. Profitable Group's website has it for Singapore but not for Bangkok.

Edit: Ok, I see above Jimjim wrote some info on seating specifics. Jimjim, tell me, where did you find this? I say this becausese, mods, I did not write the post directly above this one. How did somebody post as me? Hope it was a glitch and not a hack? Weird. Am I the only one seeing the above post as coming from my account?

Edited by Jimjim

What Stadium is it in & what sort of Capacity are we talking ??

Rajamangala National Stadium at Hua Mark in Bangkapi on Rhamkhamhaeng Rd.

i think that was where I saw ManU in 1997 (or it could have been Liv pool in 2001? they all look the same to me anyhow :) )

traffic was a nightmare!! so those going, be prepared

i remember it was so bad that after being stuck in one spot more than an hour, we got to Rama 9, and thats where taxi decided to dump me cos he had a chance to turn back the other direction

so there i was in the middle of Rama 9, with no chance of getting another taxi! try to imagine it!

had at least 2 groups of people offer me a ride to the stadium though :D

everyone was very good natured about things.... well except the taxi driver that dumped me :D

I watched both Liverpool and Man Utd there in 2001, as you say both looked the same.

During the Liverpool game all the Thais were chanting for Robbie Fowler to make an appearance.

I seem to have a hazy memory of Man Utd playing in some horrible gold coloured shirt.

The traffic on Ramkhamhaeng rd is terrible on a normal day, never mind a football match, I would suggest, depending on where you are coming from to take the khlong saen saep canal boat and get off at the university, the stadium is right across the road.

Be prepared for a long wait for a taxi on leaving the ground, and an even longer wait trying to get to Rama 9.

Your best option may infact be to leave the ground by the rear exit on Ram soi 24 rather than onto Ramkhamhaeng rd itself, also a few Thai style bars to have a beer or four.

With the greatest respect this is a 'friendly' match and Liverpool will have many reserves out in what is effectively a warm up/practice match; yet they want up to 3,000 baht for a ticket?

Am I the only one who thinks this is exorbitant and a nonsence?!

What do Thais earn per month?~!

With the greatest respect this is a 'friendly' match and Liverpool will have many reserves out in what is effectively a warm up/practice match; yet they want up to 3,000 baht for a ticket?

Am I the only one who thinks this is exorbitant and a nonsence?!

What do Thais earn per month?~!

I agree - but then again have never been to ramagalandaladddaadsesna stadium either so it may be worthwhile just to confirm my preconceived ideas of the place - worst traffic in Bangkok.

Please post here if you know anything about pricing specifics to do with what price gets what general seating area. Can't find this info. Profitable Group's website has it for Singapore but not for Bangkok.

Edit: Ok, I see above Jimjim wrote some info on seating specifics. Jimjim, tell me, where did you find this? I say this becausese, mods, I did not write the post directly above this one. How did somebody post as me? Hope it was a glitch and not a hack? Weird. Am I the only one seeing the above post as coming from my account?

Jimjim - that post was from me (andy1308) and I have absolutely no idea how it came to be under your name. I've logged out and logged back in, so hopefully that's resolved any problems.

Here is how the stadium will be divided for the Thailand versus Liverpool game, including ticket prices for the various coloured areas. This is from the information provided at the press conference in Bangkok yesterday afternoon.

post-29049-1242801819_thumb.jpg

Ta very much, Andy. Hopefully I've got this sorted out and I'm me for good now and you're you for good, now. Don't know how in the world that would have happened but suspect it has something to do with posting on this thread at the same time, or something.

To be fair, Zodiac, there are plenty of tickets for 600 baht, but I am a bit surprised by the price of the highest priced, as well. I think those are uber-speciale seats though, as you can only buy them directly from Profitable Group.

Edited by Jimjim

Yes, no cover on that East side. However, the East side is "the Kop" for this match, apparently, and at least for Singapore those who buy tickets in the Kop get a free scarf. Not sure if will be the same for Bangkok. You know, Andy? Also, where did you get that map?

Yes - free 'The Kop' scarf in Bangkok too.

The map came as part of the package of information supplied to members of the media at the press conference in Bangkok yesterday afternoon. Supplied on a great little 1GB souvenir 'The Kop Comes to Asia 2009) thumb drive.

I was hoping that they would be selling tickets on www.thaiticketmajor.com, but that would be just too easy. :)

So as i'm not living in Bangkok, Phuket or Pattaya and the ticket hotline asked me to send them an email :D which they haven't replied to as of yet, looks like a trip to Bangkok on Friday will be required.

As i'm not familiar with Bangkok, where would be, the best Adidas outlet to purchase tickets?

I'll be arriving at the Southern Bus Terminal.

Boycie :D

PS. I feel sorry for Liverpool fans in Chiang Mai, how do you plan to get tickets?? :D

Will it be a sell out........whats everyone think? :D

Maybe at 600 Baht the cheapest tickets are too expensive for most.

Was hoping that the prices would be the same as the 2007 Asian Cup, but no such luck.

I'm thinking i have got to get to Bangkok early on Friday to get my tickets and the queues will be long??

Or am i getting a little too excited. :)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Boycie