Liverpool In Bangkok

thaimiller

As this link I posted earlier, I found one location for Pattaya:

Central Festival Pattaya Beach, 236-237/1 2FL. 333/99 NongPrue, 20260,Chonburi

phone number: (66) 3300 3583

Of course, as that's a Thai number, the 66 isn't needed, and a 0 should be in front of the first 3.

Try it out.

Edited by Jimjim

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to say, it could be difficult to get a seat you want, perhaps a bit of a free for all when gates first open, as you say, but I don't think it will be too bad. You just have to get there first to be able to get a better seat. First come, first serve, that's all general seating means.

With the greatest respect this is a 'friendly' match and Liverpool will have many reserves out in what is effectively a warm up/practice match; yet they want up to 3,000 baht for a ticket?

Am I the only one who thinks this is exorbitant and a nonsence?!

What do Thais earn per month?~!

I have parted with 600 baht, which I still consider steep for a pre-season friendly in this neck of the woods.

3,000 baht to watch a kickabout in the summer is scandalous, but presumably some are willing to pay more than the cost of a Premier League ticket.

3,000 baht is almost 60 pounds!

With the greatest respect this is a 'friendly' match and Liverpool will have many reserves out in what is effectively a warm up/practice match; yet they want up to 3,000 baht for a ticket?

Am I the only one who thinks this is exorbitant and a nonsence?!

What do Thais earn per month?~!

I have parted with 600 baht, which I still consider steep for a pre-season friendly in this neck of the woods.

3,000 baht to watch a kickabout in the summer is scandalous, but presumably some are willing to pay more than the cost of a Premier League ticket.

3,000 baht is almost 60 pounds!

Pre season or not, depends on how much of a Liverpoool fan you are!

I have spent 3,000 Baht on much worse things here... 3,000 baht is only VIP seats by the way which are limited, the rest seem reasonably priced to me 600 Baht, 1,350 Baht. How often do Asian fans get to see Liverpool FC play over here.For most I would say once in a lifetime.

The ticket hotline called me back. It was the GM I think from Profitable Group. She was very helpful and said she well ensure tickets get to Phuket Store on Monday and has just called the Store Manager now to confirm my tickets and will call me again when arrived. And said don't worry and said sorry for the delay getting tickets to Phuket on time.

Thought that was great service!

Apparently they have already allocated tickets for Phuket's Liverpool fans so should be plenty of choice available in the Kop also. Only VIP tickets can be bought direct from them (Profitable Group) but would have to collect them in person in Bangkok.

She confirmed The Kop has no roof section but will out give free Liverpool scarfs.

I decided on the 2,500 baht tickets instead as covered (in case it rains and the girlfriend has a fit) and will collect Monday :)

The Adidas store on Phuket called me today to give me the news my tickets have arrived.

So I have them now :D .

Just took delivery of the tickets for the SIN match. Free-seating for all, save for grandstand. S$ 88 throughout, S$ 188 for the grandstand. If there's any consolation, we're at the, errr, Asian Kop-end. Hopefully, this free-seating arrangement will be ok for our 8 year old.

mygosh, everyone is making a big deal of this game arent they :D

Ill have you know I only went to the United and Chelsea games all those years ago cos I got free tickets :D

Arsenal game on the other hand :D:D I got to go into the press conference yayyyyyy it was with Arsene, Tony Adams, Ray Parlour and Marc Overmars! I reckon security guys outside the press conference room looked at me and thought they didnt wanna speak to me, didnt ask any questions, so I just walked in! didnt have any name tag, nothing. just acted like i belonged, knew what i was doing :)

ohhh oops, wrong thread :D

Does anyone know if they are selling tickets up here in CM?

My Wife's son is a fanatical Pool fan, even though when we brought him a Liverpool kit he had to phone and ask what was written on the back.

It was GERRARD LOL....well if I could not read English and a name was written in Thai I would not understand it !!

I took a 4hr drive from Korat to the profitable groups office in Bkk. I got there around 4pm, had a few people in there but not to busy. I brought the 3000Baht VIP ticket for Bangkok, later found out its also a free for all, so no allicated seating. They also said I could take my 3 year old son and sit him on my lap. Got a ticket for Singapore at 88SPD, the expensive ones had already sold out. Ending up spending the weekend in bkk, so a nice little trip for the family.

They also had tickets for sale in Central World in the adidas shop, not sure if that was on the list. Didnt see any for sale in Siam Paragon though.

Does anyone know of any nice hotels in the area next to the stadium. With all the traffic thats supposidly there on match day that might be the best option for the night.

Jared, the closet that comes to mind is Nasa Vegas - not hi-end by any means but in the general area.

Yes, the traffic in that area will be especially bad at that time - if it were me I would aim to get to the stadium area well before kick-off.

Worse if it rains.

Does anyone know of any nice hotels in the area next to the stadium. With all the traffic thats supposidly there on match day that might be the best option for the night.

Not sure what you mean by nice, as it all depends on budget. There is an Ibis very close to the stadium, which is pretty reasonable. There are a number of other hotels around the area, but I would guess that they are at the lower end of the market.

Just behind the Mall at Ramkhahneg.

All Seasons Bangkok Huamark Hotel (Formerly Ibis Huamark )

7 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 15 Ramkhamhaeng Rd. Huamark Bangkok 10240

Much closer than Nasa, in fact walkable to the stadium. Nasa is walkable from there but a drag.

Edited by mrtoad

There was an article in the April edition of Budget Travel (the U.S. magazine). One of the hotels they featured was JL Bangkok (www.jlbangkok.com) which is located at 5 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 23, Ramkhamhaeng Rd. It's in the general area but not sure of its exact location to the stadium.

Best thing: It's a boutique hotel and has rooms at 700 baht ++ per night including breakfast.

this feels kinda deja vu :D

I saw them in 2001 :)

So did I last time they played here but i think it was later than 2001 maybe 2004?- bet we won't see another 70 minute 1st half :D

How the ref/officials managed to f.off up like that heaven knows!

Edited by sanook2me

Just got my tickets today, opted for the 3,000 baht ones. Seeing as the 2,500 area is huge (you could end up sitting in the serious nose bleed section almost next to 600baht viewers).

I figured even if get the worst seat in the VIP section, it will see be ok. And i don't fancy showing up 12 hours early just to get a decent seat.

Hopefully the big stars will actually come, and not conveniently pull up injured the week before.

Just got my tickets today, opted for the 3,000 baht ones. Seeing as the 2,500 area is huge (you could end up sitting in the serious nose bleed section almost next to 600baht viewers).

I figured even if get the worst seat in the VIP section, it will see be ok. And i don't fancy showing up 12 hours early just to get a decent seat.

Hopefully the big stars will actually come, and not conveniently pull up injured the week before.

You think you will see Torres and Gerrard?

You think you will see Torres and Gerrard?

Hopefully.

just wanted to add that my wife picked up tix from Adidas in CFPattaya on Monday. just opted for the East/Kop end. i just want to hang out and be awesome like i usually am.

:)

How are you usually awesome & what exactly do you do that makes you think that you're so awesome, just out of curiosity ??

& on a scale of awesomeness, from 0 - 10, at what level of awesome are you exactly ??

The promoters claimed Rafa will bring every player, even Torres. As for Gerrard, he has a possible court date 20 July. Some said it could somehow be thrown out before that or the date changed, though, who knows. But if the trial only lasts a day, which seems completely possible, then he could get that taken care of and fly out right after, I'm sure.

But for Torres and the other Spanish players, they really should be back with the squad by that time, as he and other national team players may get a longer break than the rest because of the Confederations Cup, but I would bet they will be with the team right before they leave for Asia, and should therefore come. I hope, anyway, if not it means they'll be reporting back 1st of August which is far too late as the league starts two weeks after that. Either that or they'll just report back to Melwood and train there while the squad is in Asia but that makes little sense to me.

Regardless, we'll see a lot of the big names, I'm sure, along with a few reserves thrown in which they always do in preseason.

Edit: Assault charges were dropped, but not affray charges.

Edited by Jimjim

From memory the team will arrive from their training camp in Switzerland and not directly from the UK. Liverpool's Commercial Director said at the Press Conference that it will be the full first team squad the comes to Thailand and Singapore.

Yes, they always train in Switzerland pre-season, not England, so they will come from there. Question is if the Spanish players will join them in Switzerland and come directly here. I really think they will, as that would be more than 3 weeks after the end of the Confederations Cup, and they all got 3 weeks off last year after winning the Euro Cup.

Well, it makes a change for tourists to be ripping Thais off for something, rather than vice versa :) . IMO tickets for this are expensive for an exhibition match. Prices aren't exactly pitched at your run-of-the-mill Thai footy fan are they. However I went into Adidas in Central World today and was told that the East stand tickets are sold out. The cashier only offered me the 2500/3000 baht tickets in the west stand and I declined. I think she was trying to tell me (in Thai) that the East stand is sold out because some people have been buying 50 each, so expect the touts to be out in force. Or maybe she just wanted me to buy the expensive one. Anyway have a good time, all those that are going!