Photography Courses In Bangkok

desi

As the subject of learning photography in Bangkok has repeatedly come up on this forum, I thought I'd create a dedicated post to share my experiences.

Last May I bought a Canon KISS, then December I upgraded my lens. I messed around with the camera a bit, but beyond buying a stack of photography books and taking a one day portrait photography class (pretty decent btw), I didn't get into the guts of what a KISS can do.

Knowing I needed help, early this year I took lessons from Gavin and Jackie from the Bangkok Photography School.

Gavin and Jackie work as a team, educating as well as entertaining the students with tips, techniques and samples. Then, towards the end of the course, with Gavin and Jackie leading, everyone heads out for a half day photo shoot to use what they've learned.

Books are great (I swear by them), but they can't replace having two experienced photographers on hand to guide you through and answer your questions. I believe my recent improvement attests to that.

For those who are serious about improving their photography skills, there are three courses starting up in June.

Foundation in Photography: Part I

Foundation in Photography: Part II

Experienced Photography Course

And if you are really up to speed in photography, Gavin and Jackie take a number of students for a photography shoot in Bhutan. My skills are not up to it yet, so perhaps next year...