Searching For Accomodation On Long Beach Koh Chang

NuttyMokum

Hey there lads (and lasses)

For my first visit to Koh Chang I'm searching for a sort like accomodation like the Tree House on Long beach.

Preferbly on Long beach, or at least nearby... becasue I'm going for relaxation, and not for the party's.

Ofcourse I've searched the internet but can't seem to find anything else on Long Beach besides the mentioned Tree House.

So if you know of any accomodation in or near the following:

- Ban Chek Bae

- Ban Ao Luk

- Ban Khlong Thian

And altough it's not Long Beach I'll even consider:

- Ban Rong Than

- Ban Wai Chaek

Thanks for helping me out.

There's only one other place on Long Beach, Zion Bungalows at the southern end of the beach. Run by a friendly Thai family, soem of whom have done building work for us before, and who's daughter is married to a usually stoned French guy who likes to think he is the owner, but in reality isnt. Much nicer than Treehouse and has a good restaurant.

Nothing on Wai Check beach unless you fancy a long walk and camping with zero amenities.

Baan Rong Thian is where you'll find Salakphet Seafood, they have very nicee rooms for 900 baht/night if you stay for a few nights. Also see the apartments and rooms at Island View pier which is where the yachties hang out. Alsosee Koh Chang Marina nearby which has rooms and is where Sunsail keep their yachts. (But no beach here)

There's half a dozen resorts on the east coast of Salakphet Bay in Jek Bae. All get some visitors at weekends when they get Thai groups in, but are pretty much deserted during the week. Hardly any farangs stay there as no beach and not easy to get there.

All of koh Chang is quiet now so no need to go to the remote far east to find somewhere with vry few visitors.