Best Bj In Chiang Mai

Blinky Bill

I just love bananas, they are so full of potassium and other goodies. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on the best Banana Juice (BJ) or Banana Smoothie (BS) outlet in Chiang Mai.

I've had many BS's at Maddog over the years but they don't have BJ's on the menu there. Is there any particular way to extract the juice of a banana? My dear old friend, from the Maddog, who shall remain anonymous, offered to give me a BJ when we went to another venue after Maddog closed but I didn't believe her because the establishment didn't have any bananas let alone a juice extractor.

So any opinions on the best BJ in Chiang Mai will be gratefully appreciated.

I just love bananas, they are so full of potassium and other goodies. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on the best Banana Juice (BJ) or Banana Smoothie (BS) outlet in Chiang Mai.

I've had many BS's at Maddog over the years but they don't have BJ's on the menu there. Is there any particular way to extract the juice of a banana? My dear old friend, from the Maddog, who shall remain anonymous, offered to give me a BJ when we went to another venue after Maddog closed but I didn't believe her because the establishment didn't have any bananas let alone a juice extractor.

The best bs is usually to be found in many of the bars frequented by farangs. There are rumours that the best bjs can be found in the same establishments.

There was some old Australian bloke at a restaurant called the Escape who used to do a good BJ, sadly it shut down a few years back :)

Best get a Blender and make it yourself, drop in an apple, an orange, a little bit of a pineapple, add just a stab of salt/sugar, a small slice of watermelon, WOW!! dude forGET the BJ you got yourself a JS(Juicy Spilt) :D:):D:D:D:D

Best get a Blender and make it yourself, drop in an apple, an orange, a little bit of a pineapple, add just a stab of salt/sugar, a small slice of watermelon, WOW!! dude forGET the BJ you got yourself a JS(Juicy Spilt) :D:):D:D:D:D

Very true, BigSnake. Blenders are relatively cheap and so is fruit. Using a blender is a LOT easier than cooking.

If your room has a fridge you can get all the ice you want. Making a "Thai" shake (BS) doesn't need ice cream and milk like a proper shake. But, many of us are just lazy and let others do it for us. I prefer the mixed fruit smoothies to the one fruit shakes.

blinkey bill .

i often have a banana shake in ... nice sweet place ... ( a cake shop ) 2 doors before the 7 . 11 near johns place on moonmuang road and i enjoy them every time.

ita banana , ice , blue top milk ( full cream ) , i think a little condensed milk is added ? , a little sugar by the taste of it and its liquidised so fine you can drink it through the straw thats supplied in a half pint mug for ....

wait for it .... a whole 25 baht and you can ... people watch for an hour !

a bargain in my book coz i get a cold drink which has potassium in it , milk ( which i think are both good for me ) and i totally relax for an hour

try one .... and enjoy .... dave2

blinkey bill .

i often have a banana shake in ... nice sweet place ... ( a cake shop ) 2 doors before the 7 . 11 near johns place on moonmuang road and i enjoy them every time.

ita banana , ice , blue top milk ( full cream ) , i think a little condensed milk is added ? , a little sugar by the taste of it and its liquidised so fine you can drink it through the straw thats supplied in a half pint mug for ....

wait for it .... a whole 25 baht and you can ... people watch for an hour !

a bargain in my book coz i get a cold drink which has potassium in it , milk ( which i think are both good for me ) and i totally relax for an hour

try one .... and enjoy .... dave2

You could be missing the point entirely, here.  :)

Bear in mind that BB is not noted for his sweet tooth and likes his beer, a lot. :D

Very true, BigSnake. Blenders are relatively cheap and so is fruit. Using a blender is a LOT easier than cooking.

If your room has a fridge you can get all the ice you want. Making a "Thai" shake (BS) doesn't need ice cream and milk like a proper shake. But, many of us are just lazy and let others do it for us. I prefer the mixed fruit smoothies to the one fruit shakes.

HMMMMMMMM!! IanForbes never tried the ice cream thing. Shot will be in order soon. Thanks!!

chiangmaionhold. ... Thai Pauly ?

quote ...

for the life of me i cant see any reference in this question of beer !

b b asked a question ... i and a few other people answered the op

where is the problem and what was the point in you posting any reply ?

enjoy .... dave2

Edited by dave2

b b asked a question ... i and a few other people answered the op

where is the problem and what was the point in you posting any reply ?

enjoy .... dave2

Chill out. Just go and have your BJ.

some local Thais told me the best "BJ" can probably be found at those bars around Loy Kroh, but then I dont know from my own experience, because my Mom always tells me a good boy should not go there :)

~

Great post, Binky!

Most bananas, especially those from Australia or England are smallish and contain far less juice than they advertise. Even when shaken, what they produce is pretty wimpy.

American bananas however are rather sizeable in both length and girth and filled with a delightful creamy juice but it takes a quality extractor to realize their full potential. When shopping for an extractor, it is worth that few extra Baht to get the best.

I would caution against mixing with fruits unless you are sure they are clean and are into that sort of thing. :)

~

Great post, Binky!

Most bananas, especially those from Australia or England are smallish and contain far less juice than they advertise. Even when shaken, what they produce is pretty wimpy.

American bananas however are rather sizeable in both length and girth and filled with a delightful creamy juice but it takes a quality extractor to realize their full potential. When shopping for an extractor, it is worth that few extra Baht to get the best.

I would caution against mixing with fruits unless you are sure they are clean and are into that sort of thing. :)

Are those the ones with the label "DOLE"?

post-29436-1241518712_thumb.jpg

Edited by tigerbeer

Thanks all for the input, I guess I'll just stick with the BS as no one has shed any real light on a genuine BJ.

Dustoff has got it completely arse about when he mentioned the comparison between Australian and American bananas.

I must admit there are some bloody monster bananas to be had in Thailand, about 12 inches long and quite thick in the middle, they have the traditional banana bend (TBB) despite their size. And then there are those little buggers, no more than 4 or 5 inches and lacking the TBB.

Anonymouse, that big, old Aussie who was at the Escape once told me he had a few good BJ's in various establishments over the years, some of the staff back in those daze had the correct recipe which seems to be have lost in time. He swore that he never been the giver, only the receiver. And I believe him.

I am surprised, Dustoff, that one as apparently expert as you in good BJ's (that is, in knowing how to find them) would feel any need to see a shrink.

Yeah, well, I don't think you should be mentioning shrink and banana in the same thread..

So, my insanity thread was slammed shut for being "nonsensical" but the BJ thread lives on?

Does TV perhaps have investments in the banana market...? :)

So, my insanity thread was slammed shut for being "nonsensical" but the BJ thread lives on?

Yes, I was laughing about that too. But then, one should consider the possibility that there might be a difference between the given reason and the real reason.

Yes, I was laughing about that too. But then, one should consider the possibility that there might be a difference between the given reason and the real reason.

My point exactly, hence my 'banana market' comment. My bad but I do recognize and appreciate that ThaiVisa is a commercial venture, not a democracy, and they have to totally protect/defend their sponsors. As it should be...

I mean, it don't get no more nonsensical than a BJ post, eh? :)

Just testing the edit feature and my stepson wants to know where he can get a Handcrafted Joystick...

Edited by Dustoff