Addressing Letters In Thai?

kimamey

I need to send a letter to my gf's house near Mahasarakham and I was wondering if I should put the address in Thai as well as English. It just seems a bit presumptuous (not sure a big word like that fits with my normal limited vocabluary) to assume that whoever delivers the letter will understand English, even though they probably will.

I need to send a letter to my gf's house near Mahasarakham and I was wondering if I should put the address in Thai as well as English. It just seems a bit presumptuous (not sure a big word like that fits with my normal limited vocabluary) to assume that whoever delivers the letter will understand English, even though they probably will.

When we send mail it is always written in English.Only 1 time has anything gone missing in all these years.

From previous experience they only really go by the postcode and then the number of the address ie. 50 Moo 18. I have had many letters sent and received in english using the english address only. As long as they see the 2 sets of numbers the letter will get through.

PS. From personal experience dont send money in it as it will go missing.

Why talk bad about the hardworking people at Royal Mail? :)

One idea: If you want to be sure to recieve a reply letter, then send with some A4-papers with adhesive labels with your address printed on it.

Works very fine for us.