Bus From Chanthaburi To Nong Khai?

teachermark

Hi .. like the title says. I just moved to Chanthaburi and need to a V-Run to Laos in a couple of weeks. I know there are direct buses from Rayong or Korat and "could" get a bus to either of those places first ...... but are there any "direct" buses to Nong Khai from the Chanthaburi bus station?

I called the station .. but I couldn't get any sense out of them. Google just returns the usual 1000's of hotel booking sites.

If it is just a visa run, why not just go down the road to ban Leam?

Thanks .. It is a "Visa Run" .. i.e .. I have to get a "Visa" (non imm :D If it was a "Border Hop" .. for the free 30 day (or is it 15 now for land crossings?) entry stamp or an activation of a second entry visa I would go to a Cambo border crossing, but not to Ban Leam .. I'd get a song taew outside Robinsons store to Ban Pakard .. 100 baht return. 1 1/2 hour trip. I was lucky enough to find that info through Google .. but nothing about the local Baw Kaw Saw setup.

Anyway .. for the information of anyone else getting this thread in thier search results .. I've received the answer from another forum.

There are NO direct buses to Nong Khai from Chanthaburi. However .. there are direct buses to Udon Thani .. which is close enough. From there it's about an hours trip on a local bus to Nong Khai for about 25 Baht.

Also .. like I mentioned in the OP .. there are also direct buses from Rayong and Korat and there are direct buses from Chanthaburi to Rayong and Korat also.

:)