• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much "Yorkie" :o

I too enjoy clouds. Nice photos.

Yours truly,

Kan Win

The problem I have with "cloud pictures" results from me living close to a city (Surin?). As you know, interesting cloud formations rarely last more than a few minutes (particularly at sunrise/sunset) so it is necessary to be quick off the mark. Around Surin, we are restricted virtually everywhere by overhead cables (electric and telephone) and by the time I've chased around to find a suitable location, the moment has gone. Oh, well, c'est la vie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Take a look at my pics please and let me know;

Most of your water shots are leaning to the right. I have the same problem, but mine lean to the left.

Kan Win :D

no comments;

Added loads more of Cambodia, especailly kids and people here in Phnom Penh

Well since you asked, sorry was not on a fast line for some time (2-3 months or so) your water line is still the same as mine not straight as I mentioned above and you chose not to correct this. :D

As for portrait photography I have no comment, not my field at all. :o

As this is the section for "evaluate my photograph" I would say that most, if not all, of the shots in Cambodia have a very severe colour cast and are oversaturated.

Maybe your screen needs calibrating.

The content is reasonable but I find the above issues distracting

Would have to concur with 'The Vulcan' comments on this one.

Yours truly

Kan Win :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Nice lay out, loading very fast, but for me I would like to have see a bigger photo than what you have shown. :)

I adjusted the size of the image to fit my browser.

The original is in the album here:

Y

I'm so sorry mate, I wanted to rate it but my fingers were ticking the rubbish box before I knew what I was doing

So sorry I think they are EXCELLENT :D

• 2 months later...

I have over 16,000 photos to date of all areas of Thailand at my hobby website visualthailand[dot]com . All of the photos are my own originals. I have taken over 70,000 in Thailand at last count and finally getting around to uploading them all.

I am not a photographer just a point and shoot person. Sorry to say I have lost many million dollar shots not having a DSLR to operate professionally.

I am hoping to find some classes to learn how to use a DSLR and the different lenses so if anyone knows a course in Bangkok please let me know. That is my next step in my hooby progression.

As a programmer, I have developed my own VTscript which allows you to put a photo viewer on your website with unlimited photo catagories and allows visitors to your website to see 1,000's of photos without ever leaving the one webpage. If you have lots of photos and you want to display them on your own site, this is state of art display system.

3rd issue is I am curious to know if I could find any Photographers in Thailand would be interested to take photos for me at locations I dont get around to, put them on a CD and mail them in? I was thinking about 500 high quality photos on a DVD for 5,000 thb? These would be general photos of what the areas would look like, not people.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...