Naked Norwegians Stun Phuket

george

Naked Norwegians stun Phuket

PATONG, PHUKET: Kathu Police arrested two young Norwegian men last Tuesday night for running naked up Soi Bangla, the center of Phuket’s adult nightlife entertainment scene.

The pair were identified in a local Thai-language news report as Kulien Petter and Frederil Rarlses, both 19 years of age.

The lads were apprehended by police officers at about 9:30pm as they were running down the street, both stark naked and holding their underwear in hand.

Their performance caused much kerfuffle among scores Soi Bangla’s ladyboys and bargirls, many of whom screeched with excitement as they passed by.

The teens’ fun run came to an abrupt halt when they were confronted by a team of law enforcement officials under the command of Deputy Inspector for Crime Suppression [yes] Seksan Kaowsawang.

Lt Col Seksan’s assistants, Sen Sgt Maj Aphirat Yanarat and Sen Sgt Maj Nikhom Saensuk, quickly caught the malefactors.

The pair, who were reportedly somewhat plastered, were brought back to Kathu Police Station for questioning.

To view an image of the streakers, back in their underwear and in police custody, click here:

http://www.siangtai.com/TH/newspage1_detai...p?News_ID=22059

The teens were charged with public indecency and then released after paying fines of 500 baht (about US$14.28) each.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2009-05-10

500 baht for a great (true) story to share with their mates when they get back to Norwegia?

Likely money well spent. :)

Does the charge carry any other legal penalties? Future visas denied ...

What a bargain.

I got hit with a 1500thb fine for jumping in the pool at The Kata Entertainment Center at what was then "after hours" 7pm. I even had my boxers on !

Now it's not a penalty any longer, I guess it cost me to be the trend setter.............................maybe next year naked on Bangla will be o.k.

500 baht for a great (true) story to share with their mates when they get back to Norwegia?

Likely money well spent. :D

Norway.

Norwegians come from Norway.

I do like that part about being "somewhat plastered" . Yes, I'd imagine so. :)

Norway.

Texpat's reason must have been that Californians are from California. Anyway, at least he didn't say they were from Norwegias. (Texans=>Texas) :)

Norway.

Texpat's reason must have been that Californians are from California. Anyway, at least he didn't say they were from Norwegias. (Texans=>Texas) :)

I'm sure Norwegia was written as a joke..............

As far as the Norwegians, couldn't they just say that with the new labled "Summer Season" here, that they were hot?

As a young Royal Marine during the early 70's, for 4 years I spent every winter in northern Norway doing Arctic warfare training. There were numerous occasions when a (sometimes significant) number of us chose to enlighten the local populations (normally in small towns/villages) with exhibitions of British culture and humour. This usually involved divesting clothing, with the occasional props of rolled up newspapers (suitably on fire and strategically placed), and dancing on tables. Perhaps this created a national pastime for the Norwegians, and is now socially acceptable (it wasn't then, normally associated with ID parades on the Monday morning conducted by the local Police with some red faced civilians). Hilsen fra Phuket!!

Ahhhhh Pagallim............the dance of the flaming <deleted>.

Never forgotton !

I tried not to be quite so graphic, however I knew full well that certain members would recall the practice! Nothing beats cross country skiing with second degree burns on the cheeks of your a**e. Strangely, these events would not discourage the local female population, even taking their attention away from the complications of rolling their cigarettes (and of whom it was noted that licking the paper to complete the roll up was usually accompanied with glistening eyes, a wet nose, and moist lips). Realising that this sounds like one of my Golden Retrievers, I need to qualify the comment, and state unequivocally that Norwegian ladies are the salt (ty tasting) of the earth. God bless 'em.