Very Long Fingernails On Thai Male

male

It creeps me out almost as much as the dude who has a nine inch hair shooting straight out of a facial mole.

Freaks!

LOL! :D

A guy who always used to serve us at a restaurant we used to go to had a big mole on his cheek with a very very long thick hair coming out of it. I asked my boyfriend why they don't cut it off and he said its because they believe it will bring bad luck if they cut it off... :)

...The things some Thai people believe in! Where DO they get it all from? :D

Meg.. It's a Chinese thing.. They call it a 'money hair' and it just another superstition linked to gaining/receiving wealth.. The length of the hair is linked to your prosperity .. So cutting it off would result in you loosing your luck regarding money.. It's a popular but old fashioned superstition pretty much all over South East Asia.. Plenty of guys in S'pore. HK and Malaysia have the same long hairs growing from moles and it's considered 'lucky' rather than 'disfiguring'

I remember when I first started working in S'pore. One of our welding foreman had a long hair growing out of his chin.. I happened to reach out a pluck it out one day as we were sitting around during lunch hour.. I only did it as a laugh cos he was dozing off.. Man he was upset ! After that incident I had the meaning explained to me.. ''I will never win the 4D (lottery) now lah'' was his cry ... :D

On all fingers, not just the little one. And really long, like 4-5 inches long :)

There was an old taxi driver (driver was old - taxi was new) at On Nut BTR who drove me back to Pattaya - al nails at least 8 inches (200mm) long

Seen it on may Chinese, but not on a Thai before.

Had problems with steering and changing gear, but this is Thailand .....

It creeps me out almost as much as the dude who has a nine inch hair shooting straight out of a facial mole.

Freaks!

LOL! :D

A guy who always used to serve us at a restaurant we used to go to had a big mole on his cheek with a very very long thick hair coming out of it. I asked my boyfriend why they don't cut it off and he said its because they believe it will bring bad luck if they cut it off... :)

...The things some Thai people believe in! Where DO they get it all from? :D

Meg.. It's a Chinese thing.. They call it a 'money hair' and it just another superstition linked to gaining/receiving wealth.. The length of the hair is linked to your prosperity .. So cutting it off would result in you loosing your luck regarding money.. It's a popular but old fashioned superstition pretty much all over South East Asia.. Plenty of guys in S'pore. HK and Malaysia have the same long hairs growing from moles and it's considered 'lucky' rather than 'disfiguring'

I remember when I first started working in S'pore. One of our welding foreman had a long hair growing out of his chin.. I happened to reach out a pluck it out one day as we were sitting around during lunch hour.. I only did it as a laugh cos he was dozing off.. Man he was upset ! After that incident I had the meaning explained to me.. ''I will never win the 4D (lottery) now lah'' was his cry ... :D

Could that be why us close-shaven clean-cut men are boracic?

A male Thai acquaintance of mine has 8 inch nailes on his left hand. He's a handsome guy, dresses well and otherwise appears to be a normal upscale Thai guy. He is something of a celebrity chef and travels the world teaching Thai cooking at hotels, schools and privately. He explained that he had the long nails on his left hand because of safety when slicing and dicing.

I could only think of all the food goo that would collect in those claws.