Child Support Owed A Thai National By Foreigner

bangsaenguy

Are you looking for help in Thailand or in the US? Where the child is living and where the father living will be important questions, as is the question under the law of which country the child support was etsablished.

THis link relates to child support to be collected by the US Government if an enforceable order is made in a reciprocating county. I don't think Thailand is one of these 'reciprocating countries' as shown here:

http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cse/inter...onal/index.html

In fact i am pretty sure that Thailand does not have any Child Support Legislation whatsoever but I stand corrected on that one if I'm wrong.

THis link relates to child support to be collected by the US Government if an enforceable order is made in a reciprocating county. I don't think Thailand is one of these 'reciprocating countries' as shown here:

http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cse/inter...onal/index.html

In fact i am pretty sure that Thailand does not have any Child Support Legislation whatsoever but I stand corrected on that one if I'm wrong.

Thailand has child support legislation, in that you can be ordered to pay by a judge. (sections 1564 and 1565 of the Thai civil code, book 5). But there is no agency for collecting it, which is often a major hurdle as the cost for collecting might be higher then the benefit.

Note that the title of the topic is soemwhat misleading. It is the child how gets the child support and he/she is probably not only a Thai national, but also a US national. In this case the mother is acting on behalf of the child.