Do Long Term Multiple Entry Schengen Visa Exist?

My wife and I have travelled to Europe 4 times in the last two years. Each time, we have gone to the Austrian embassy to apply for the visa and we are able to get a multiple entry visa, but it is limited to they dates of arrival and departure on the air plane ticket. She holds a 10 year multiple entry visa to the US and I was wondering if there are any Schengen states that issue something similar for tourism purposes.

I think you will find that there is only the 2 following type's of schengen visa

The different kinds of Schengen visas

a) The Transit visa

You apply for such a visa if you are travelling from a non-Schengen state to another non-Schengen state, through the territories of one or several Schengen states.

In such a situation, you have to hold, at the time you apply, the visa issued by the country of final destination, if needed.

This visa is valid for a maximum of 5 days.

:) The short stay visa is issued for private, family or business visit in France for a maximum of 90 days.

pete

A Schengen visa (or short stay visa) is valid within the whole Schengen space. The following states are part of the Schengen space:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.

This visa allows you to go to these 15 countries. It is issued for a maximum of 90 days per semester.

A Schengen visa (or short stay visa) is valid within the whole Schengen space. The following states are part of the Schengen space:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.

This visa allows you to go to these 15 countries. It is issued for a maximum of 90 days per semester.

I live in Thailand, a US citizen married to Thai citizen. We have more trips to Europe planned and were just hoping we could get 1 visa that would be valid for a few years instead of going to get a new visa each trip. We don't stay more than 20 days at one time.

There is no long term shengen visit visa. The max you are allowed to stay is 90 days in every 180 day period. There are visas valid for up to a year, but I believe these are only for business use.

I do not think the OP is asking for a longer stay. Much more he is asking for a Visa which is valid longer then just 1-2 month. I have not seen a Tourist Schengen Visa longer then 1 Year ( with multiple enties ). I took my Wife 5 years to get her first 1 Year Multiple entry Visa for Schengen.

Btw: The 1 year validity of the Visa does not mean you can stay for 1 year. You can use this Visa for multiple entries for not more then 90 days during the 1 year periode.

There is no long term shengen visit visa. The max you are allowed to stay is 90 days in every 180 day period. There are visas valid for up to a year, but I believe these are only for business use.

I do not think the OP is asking for a longer stay. Much more he is asking for a Visa which is valid longer then just 1-2 month. I have not seen a Tourist Schengen Visa longer then 1 Year ( with multiple enties ). I took my Wife 5 years to get her first 1 Year Multiple entry Visa for Schengen.

Btw: The 1 year validity of the Visa does not mean you can stay for 1 year. You can use this Visa for multiple entries for not more then 90 days during the 1 year periode.

I know the op is not asking for a longer stay. I answered his question when I said there is no long term schnegen visit visa. There is no 2, 5, 10 year schengen visit visa.

The longest is one year as I stated and it is normally only given out to people who need it for valid reasons, ie aircrew for foreign airlines.

My wife and I have travelled to Europe 4 times in the last two years. Each time, we have gone to the Austrian embassy to apply for the visa and we are able to get a multiple entry visa, but it is limited to they dates of arrival and departure on the air plane ticket. She holds a 10 year multiple entry visa to the US and I was wondering if there are any Schengen states that issue something similar for tourism purposes.

Hi,

My Thai partner got a multi entry schengen visa for 68 days for the Schengen states we were visiting from the Italian embassy. Although we requested a 90 day visa they only gave her for dates in Schengen states and no more. So I dont think they do.

But if you find out otherwise please post...

Boney

I have been married for over 5 year now with my Thai wife. I personally have Dutch nationality, but because I lived more years in Belgium than in The Netherlands we often applied for my wives Schengen Visa with the Belgium embassy. Recently I met some-one from the Dutch embassy in Phuket and I complained that the Netherlands where often difficult with their Visa. I explained my situation and showed her evidence of my ownership (properties) in Thailand and a quit solid amount within Thai, and Dutch bank-accounts. I also showed our (Platinum) World-Wide Bupa Insurrance coverage).

After showing all this information the consul promised me a better Visa. And yes recently my wife received a 2 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA. (Off course still restricted for 90 days each time we use it).

This makes travelling a lot more easy because you have no time restrictions and it also safes a lot of Visa-obtaining costs (tickets from Phuket to BKK / hotel-bills to obtain the visa).

What I do understand that 2 years is within Schengen countries really the max and it is clearly not easy to obtain. Do also understand we received many years only shorttime visa (30 days with time restrictions and the problem of the tickets) but at the end we obtained by now a good and clean record with staying within the "given time frames" I do believe you have to "earn" your upgrade to this 2 year Visa.

Our history is

Many times (about 5) 90 days visa multiple entry

We have once a very restricted visa (30 days only)

Once a 1 year multiple entry visa

and now the 2 Year multiple entry

Anyhow everyone all the best with obtaining a good visa, because it makes your travelling a lot less complicated, but be aware that the strict regulations are also caused by the people who didn't kept them to timeframes and overstayed and or started 'working" without work-permits.

P.s. It should also be interesting if we gathered the the fees different countries are asking for their Visa. Belgium charge nothing because my wife is family, Holland still charges a fee although it is the same wife I travel with. I must admit I have no problems with small fees, but I have problems with the restricted visa. To obtain a visa (flying or driving to and staying in BKK cost my small family always between 30.000 and 50.000 baht)

I have been married for over 5 year now with my Thai wife. I personally have Dutch nationality, but because I lived more years in Belgium than in The Netherlands we often applied for my wives Schengen Visa with the Belgium embassy. ......

And yes recently my wife received a 2 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA. (Off course still restricted for 90 days each time we use it).

Right now, I am enjoying some holidays back in France. And my wife - thai - got 2 months ago a multiple entry (90 days) schengen visa valid up to 6 months before the end of her thai passport: 4 years something.

I had no idea about that, and did not even asked for something special.

I have been married for over 5 year now with my Thai wife. I personally have Dutch nationality, but because I lived more years in Belgium than in The Netherlands we often applied for my wives Schengen Visa with the Belgium embassy. ......

And yes recently my wife received a 2 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA. (Off course still restricted for 90 days each time we use it).

Right now, I am enjoying some holidays back in France. And my wife - thai - got 2 months ago a multiple entry (90 days) schengen visa valid up to 6 months before the end of her thai passport: 4 years something.

Where did you apply for that visa? I would certainly be interested in one of those. My Thai wife and I have been living in the UK for over five years now and the only reason we have not travelled much to Europe is the hassle of visas. One like yours would be worth it. Appreciate to know who issued it and what the conditions were.

Where did you apply for that visa? I would certainly be interested in one of those. My Thai wife and I have been living in the UK for over five years now and the only reason we have not travelled much to Europe is the hassle of visas. One like yours would be worth it. Appreciate to know who issued it and what the conditions were.

The Schengen visa has been asked in Bangkok, at the French Consulate. Our marriage in thailand has been registered in Thailand and later at the french Embassy which gave us what we call a "family book" (livret de famille). We had all the papers they ask on their (messy) website and went to their interview where they just collected all the papers.

I can't really tell you why they gave us this one as we did not even ask for it.

One more point: It was free!

- My wife, reading here with me, told me from the different reactions at the counter at the french consulate, that the main point could be the marriage registration already done at the embassy.

Good luck