Building/buying An Outdoor Jacuzzi

MZurf

A friend of mine that lives in the boondocks (nearest major population center is Undonthani) wants to buy/build an outdoor jacuzzi without breaking the bank.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

• 4 months later...

i faced the same problem and ended up buying from a place called Spa Depot in the U.S.

The product is great, was easy to assemble and the company very helpful. The only hassle was getting it through customs which turned into an unncessary nightmare coiurtesy of FedEx. I think it shipped by normal air mail would be OK altho there would still be a duty tax.

These types ("Spa in a Box") are very durable and the company gives excellent support for replacement parts and advice on any problems. Can be moved from place to place, you fill it with a garden hose and need only an electrical outlet nearby. Need to specify the need for 220 volt as ordinarily wouldcome as 150 but they were able to do this for me on request.

i faced the same problem and ended up buying from a place called Spa Depot in the U.S.

The product is great, was easy to assemble and the company very helpful. The only hassle was getting it through customs which turned into an unncessary nightmare coiurtesy of FedEx. I think it shipped by normal air mail would be OK altho there would still be a duty tax.

These types ("Spa in a Box") are very durable and the company gives excellent support for replacement parts and advice on any problems. Can be moved from place to place, you fill it with a garden hose and need only an electrical outlet nearby. Need to specify the need for 220 volt as ordinarily wouldcome as 150 but they were able to do this for me on request.

would be interested to know what you paid for spa inc duties, health issues and relaxation are my need's

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just want to give a piece of advice. For me, it is more convenient but costly to build a jacuzzi. It would be a good choice to build one rather to buy one. If you really want to buy one there are many things that you must consider.What acrylic is used in the shell? The construction, the plumbing, the fixtures, and so on.If you'll build one, you're sure that it's strong and you had customized the materials you want to use for building it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am in Nakhon Sawan and there are no pool builders here.

I only want a 'plunge pool/jacuzzi', 3x3x1m.

I have asked a UK builder friend for details and the construction seems to confer with mine

but neither of us know about the pumps and filters, so any help would be appreciated.

ed: sp

Edited by hunglikea

If anyone needs any advice on pumps or filters feel free to PM me. I have a pool shop in Australia and cant really supply any equipment in Thailand but I can make sure you do it right.

The usual setup with a spa would be to have a 100 - 150 sq ft Cartridge filter and a 1 - 2 HP pump depending on the number of return jets you will have.

Hayward seems to be the preferred brand here in Thailand and is very good equipment made in the US. Only downside is it is really expensive in Thailand because of duties/taxes.

Hi Sheryl,

I went to the website of Spa Depot, and the prices are indeed ok. For example there is "Super Tub 300 Portable Soft Spa" for 1999 USD.

But can I ask you which model did you buy, and are you still happy for it?

What about the shipping cost and tax - how much was that?

Thanks a lot!

Br

Allan

Just a thought. And I am considering this. I saw a great sale the other day on tub spas. Like you would put in a bathroom. I have seen these also used outside, but under a sala. One we looked at was really nice with many jets, a lounge seat with at least 20 jets, and was on sale for about 60k Baht. I am seriously considering doing this.

• 4 months later...

Just a thought. And I am considering this. I saw a great sale the other day on tub spas. Like you would put in a bathroom. I have seen these also used outside, but under a sala. One we looked at was really nice with many jets, a lounge seat with at least 20 jets, and was on sale for about 60k Baht. I am seriously considering doing this.

there is a hot tubs factory that sales direct . go to www.twodeespas.com thay will take care of the shipping and the inport papper work. i bought one spa from them this year and it is great. the prices are very low . can i say factory direct .

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am looking for something similar.

Would like a just a mini pool really:

2.2x2.2x1m. If it has a few bubble jets, nice but just having a tub would be awesome.

Calculated volume of water is approx. 1400ltr.

Is it doable to build it with cement blocks and tiles? It would need some basic drain and filtration.

I want to keep the budget under 100k.

Possible?

2.2x2.2x1m. If it has a few bubble jets, nice but just having a tub would be awesome.

Is it doable to build it with cement blocks and tiles? It would need some basic drain and filtration.

Possible?

Yes but I seriously doubt it for under 100k. Unless you plan on refilling it everytime you will need a pump & filter which can circulate through spa jets which have an air water mix (the air is just sucked in through an open external pipe). The blocks will need to be plastered & waterproofed plus it would be nice to shape a curved seat. Tiles will also make it look & feel better. Pump size will depend on how many spa jets you want. An option will also be to have an air blower creating strong bubbles coming up through the seat which would really tickle you &/or someone else's fancy.

Possible?

Yes but I seriously doubt it for under 100k. Unless you plan on refilling it everytime you will need a pump & filter which can circulate through spa jets which have an air water mix (the air is just sucked in through an open external pipe). The blocks will need to be plastered & waterproofed plus it would be nice to shape a curved seat. Tiles will also make it look & feel better. Pump size will depend on how many spa jets you want. An option will also be to have an air blower creating strong bubbles coming up through the seat which would really tickle you &/or someone else's fancy.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to research this a little more.

I need to find out what is available for 100k or under.

I don't need water jets, just some bubbles would be alright. I'll take care of the fancy tickling :whistling:

The house needs to built first. This can be added later.

*double post*

Dmn connection. Y U NO work good?

Spa jets are not expensive, less than 2,000 each, & they come with 2 connections one for water & one for air. The air connection can be just a piece of pipe sticking up in the air which will be sucked in when the pump is running thus creating an air water mix. The jets can be placed in the region of your lower back when sitting & if you figure 0.5 HP per jet then you know what size pump you will need.

• 7 years later...