Pick-up Lines

HedKeeQuai

Know any good ones?

I've been wondering if some of the cheesy ones in English could be translated and keep the same meaning. I reckon some would work well in Thai, depends on the situation really. Anyways, if u could write some up (with thai characters) that would be super. :o

The old classic "have we met somewhere before?" seems to work as well here as anywhere else:

rao khoey jeukan tii nai maa korn rue plao khrap?

เราเคยเจอกันที่ไหนมาก่อนเหรือเปล่าครับ?

Edited by PvtDick

Know any good ones?

I've been wondering if some of the cheesy ones in English could be translated and keep the same meaning. I reckon some would work well in Thai, depends on the situation really. Anyways, if u could write some up (with thai characters) that would be super.  :o

That user name, Hed Kee Quai, I guess that's not working for you.

You guessed correctly.

But it could have two meanings: 'The buffalo dung mushroom' or if he's in Issan, 'The buffalo dung worker'

The latter sounds better, suggesting fertilisation, something our thread originator sounds keen on.

bannork.

Het khii khwaay are magic mushrooms.

Like other hallucinogenic mushrooms with the active substance psilocybin, they grow on shit. People still use them as recreational drugs out of some crackpot notion that they are better because they are "natural" unlike synthetic drugs. Of course, there is no way of knowing how potent one particular mushroom is as the growing conditions affect their strength to a great extent. This is also why the insane asylum in Surat Thani always gets a few new nutcases from Phangan or Samui every now and then.

QUOTE(Jack Jones @ 2005-02-06 02:37:18)

Try hello....or if you're pressed for time, how much? Thai script below:

สวัสดี

เท่าไหร่

It is very rude to say "how much" or "tao-rai"  ! You should say "tao-rai, khrup?" 

Depends on how familiar you are with the person you're speaking with.

Ps. Was only said in jest

Edited by Jack Jones

You guessed correctly.

But it could have two meanings: 'The buffalo dung mushroom' or if he's in Issan, 'The buffalo dung worker'

The latter sounds better, suggesting fertilisation, something our thread originator sounds keen on.

bannork.

The user name last part quai, swap a K for the Q simular sound and the I for a Y. it's bad thai. That's how I see it.

Haha, u guys are lame. Yea, if I was sitting in a 'barbeer' then the previous lines would work no problem. But let's suppose I'm in a regular setting. Regular meaning, ur average nightspot in BKK. I don't wanna insult anybody.

BTW, magic mushrooms have been cultivated and ingested for centuries now. Usually done before special rituals when the user would be in the correct mindstate. Some people cannot handle the effects. Plain & simple. Use them at your own discretion.

DISCLAIMER: HedKeeQuai does no way promote or condone the use of illegal (natural or synthetic) substances. Please follow the laws of whatever country you happen to be in.

The user name last part quai, swap a K for the Q simular sound and the I for a Y. it's bad thai. That's how I see it.

DISCLAIMER: HedKeeQuai does no way promote or condone the use of illegal (natural or synthetic) substances. Please follow the laws of whatever country you happen to be in.

I must say that 'het[L] kee[H] kwai[M]' เห็ด เก๊ ไกว 'Counterfeit mushrooms rock' is an intriguing username. I suppose there are some who will confuse it with 'het[L] khii[F] khwaai[M]' เห็ด ขี้ ควาย 'buffalo mushrooms'.

Pai nai Krup..is usually all that it takes :D

No, no, you've got it all wrong Rinrada - that's what they say - without the 'Krup'. Then you say "Glap baan", and then they say "Bai duay!". :D

Agree ...co jai.

Just reversing the pick up line.

When you ask them "where you goooooo" they usually answer ..."wit yooooo" :o:D

...When you ask them "where you goooooo" they usually answer ..."wit yooooo" :o  :D

Reminds me of an encounter at the Nana zebra crossing (before I knew 'Glap baan'):

Them (there were two young ladies): Where you go?

Me: My apartment. Where you go?

Them: Wit yooo!

Me: ........ er, the rest you'll have to guess :D

For translations of farang pick up lines, one of my favourites is 'do you come here often?' - Ma ti nii boi mai khrup?

Also 'Whats a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?' Khon dii baep nii tham arai ti nii khrup?

More cheesy would be something like 'I though angels only lived in heaven ... did you fly here?' Koey kit wa nang faa yu ti sawaan ti diow krup - Khun bin maa nii reu plao?

Of course you can say anything in Thai, usually most people will be amused/amazed that you can (or try to) speak Thai and that will ensure at least an interesting conversation...

Best thing is always to speak cheesy lines with an obvious grin so they know that you are only having fun, in case you say something that might offend!

J