BANGKOK 27 June 2019 03:12
tim armstrong

Need A Good Wheelbarrow

I'll try this one again. Does anyone know of a supplier that has a good quality wheelbarrow - as in a solid builders barrow with an inflatable tyre, or something similar. I'm tired of the tin stuff here that falls apart. Also some good quality garden tools that don't cost an arm and a leg? I know there are good lightweight barrows exported from China, but haven't seen them here. Thanks

I'll try this one again. Does anyone know of a supplier that has a good quality wheelbarrow - as in a solid builders barrow with an inflatable tyre, or something similar. I'm tired of the tin stuff here that falls apart. Also some good quality garden tools that don't cost an arm and a leg? I know there are good lightweight barrows exported from China, but haven't seen them here. Thanks

Toolpro seem to have more quality tools than most , many are imported from Europe and GB. They have a wheelbarrow which is better than anything else I have seen here (1500 baht) but it is still sub standard compared to a good builders barrow .

Toolpro seem to have more quality tools than most , many are imported from Europe and GB. They have a wheelbarrow which is better than anything else I have seen here (1500 baht) but it is still sub standard compared to a good builders barrow .

Thanks Ozzy I'll try Toolpro

IMO, the cheapest junk tools back home are better than the best stuff available here (Isaan, sticks).

High-quality wooden-handled steel spades and rakes are very rare.

I've yet to find a wheelbarrow that isn't destined for the scrap heap in six months.

Lawn rakes, mowers, edgers, clippers, hedge shears -- mostly all garbage.

On ocassion I've seen these items in CM, BKK or Pats, they're 2x or 3x the reasonable price. Ahhh, luxury items. :)

Agree with Ozzy, Toolpro might have 'em.

Edited by Texpat

It sure would be great to find a wheelbarrow with a real inflatable tire & bearings not made in China , Russia or on Thailand.A sealed bearing package would last a little longer than 2-30 days! I am going to bring some real shovels from the U.S. next month. I have welded this (supposedly American spade - Made in China) 9 times now. It weighs 3-4 times what it used to.

Edited by Beardog

It sure would be great to find a wheelbarrow with a real inflatable tire & bearings not made in China , Russia or on Thailand.A sealed bearing package would last a little longer than 2-30 days! I am going to bring some real shovels from the U.S. next month. I have welded this (supposedly American spade - Made in China) 9 times now. It weighs 3-4 times what it used to.

Yep ,in Western countries even babies prams have pneumatic tyres but I have searched for years here for something suitable without success.

Most good builders barrows have moulded plastic wheels nowadays ,if these could be sourced (along with suitable tyres) building a good barrow would be a cinch, suitable heavy gauge bucket and timber handles could be made here pretty cheaply to western standards.

It just beggars belief that Asians have not woken up to the benefits of a good well balanced 6 cub foot wheelbarrow.

Edited by ozzydom

I had thought to bring home a decent spade from the Septic Isle next month which my elder brother has been saving for me. I don't believe they would let it on the plane as hold baggage [& I wasn't intending to bring it as cabin baggage(!)] so I am interested in what you think your chances are from the USA. Best of luck, though.

rgds,

You can buy the spade without handle and bring in as checked luggage, probably most other garden tools also and fashion the handle here. The handles they use here seem strong and long lasting, more so than the implement with exception of the hoes.

You can buy the spade without handle and bring in as checked luggage, probably most other garden tools also and fashion the handle here. The handles they use here seem strong and long lasting, more so than the implement with exception of the hoes.

Toolpro had English made spades complete with hickory handle last time I looked,but not cheap.

The Thai sales guy actually asked me what they are used for. :)

• Haha 1

OK, now I'm on a mission now to find a good wheelbarrow. My brother in law in Oz has one ( chinese import like most stuff)but it really is good. I expect made for export only. I will try to find the source and let you all know the details.

Toolpro had English made spades complete with hickory handle last time I looked,but not cheap.

The Thai sales guy actually asked me what they are used for. :)

Guys,

Where is Toolpro in Thailand ? I too am looking for good quality implements etc

Hello chrisiboy TH, it might be better to say where you are to get help. I don't know if you want to come to the Korat store if your in CM or KK or where ever you are.

rice555

• Like 1

I'd love to have the wheelbarrow franchise here in Thailand. They are almost 100% guaranteed not to last a month. I've stopped buying them and bought a used excavator instead to save money............

• Haha 1

I'd love to have the wheelbarrow franchise here in Thailand. They are almost 100% guaranteed not to last a month. I've stopped buying them and bought a used excavator instead to save money............

An excavator to replace a wheel barrow, man that's pretty radical; I guess you have some serious soil moving to do.

I too miss the 6 cu ft contractors wheel barrows that I've moved hundreds of tons of material with in the past. But you know, I've gotten used to the two-wheel tilt blue or brown jobs that we get here, and mine seems to be lasting indefinitely with light garden use. But I do check the funky bolt pivots regularly and keep it clean and lubed and under cover when not in use.

How about one of these power wheel barrows? sorry for the poor picture quality, snapped it at dusk out the window of my pickup. But you can't dig with it like an excavator.

post-74166-1257930643_thumb.jpg

I would love to have a good quality

- garden fork and

- compost fork.

And a decent builders barrow would be great.

Please do keep us posted.

Cheers.