Stoney Monday

c64

I was hijacked today from a more than enthusiastic guy on a motorbike and was hauled over to their sales office.

After ninety minutes sales representation I backed out. Seemed like they had a reasonable plan for business offering 50% discount on more than 7600 resorts around the world and availability to buy into their resorts in thailand.

Don't know how much it'll cost to buy into that and one of their arguments was that you could get a studio in a five star resort for as little rent as 99-199 dollars for one week.

What's the catch here and is it just another time share extortion system?

Somebody that knows anything about them?

Btw they gave me T-shirt and a 7 days, six nights vacation voucher on their resorts in thailand (from the lottery tickets they handed out).

Regards

just walk past these idiots,dont even stop for them...time share scammers....hello where do you come from,what hotel are you staying in etc...they are always outside the royal garden plaza on beach road.........

I was also hijacked and I go to these meetings even though I know they are the biggest scams on earth - it's timeshare nothing more than nothing less. !\

They just call it a different name " holiday club "

I only go because I get an attractive " benefit " in another way for doing so although I'm not going to mention what is because I would

give the game away :D

Anyone these days who succumbs to the rubbish these people talk must have more money than sense.

I would never go if I only relied on the so called benefits they give you because even the lottery tickets they give out are a complete

scam in themselves -I guarantee every scratch card you try will have exactly the same combination - A 7 days, six nights vacation voucher

but if you read the fine print you'll soon find these vouchers are not worth the paper they are written on because there are so many

restrictions attached. :)

It just amazes me how people could even do this kind of work -I think a secondhand car salesman would have a better reputation than these guys :D

I won the big prize but I couldnt be bothered trying to claim it, they will back out of all but the holiday and no doubt it will be at a remote location where the travel costs arent provided

I won the big prize but I couldnt be bothered trying to claim it, they will back out of all but the holiday and no doubt it will be at a remote location where the travel costs arent provided

I dont know what you mean by " big prize " ? Like I said the holiday is the booby prize because you will find in the

small print it is full of restrictions- not worth the phone call. Better to win something like a video camera but I bet no one gets those !

never mind - this is why there is no great feeling of self-satisfaction for me than to scam a scamster :)

I dont know what you mean by " big prize " ? Like I said the holiday is the booby prize because you will find in the

small print it is full of restrictions- not worth the phone call. Better to win something like a video camera but I bet no one gets those !

never mind - this is why there is no great feeling of self-satisfaction for me than to scam a scamster :)

well, I won either the laptop or the camera or the video camera or the holiday or the 20000b, so I assume the prize will be the holiday because thats not going to cost them anything, I did it once before with absolute and thats what happens

well, I won either the laptop or the camera or the video camera or the holiday or the 20000b, so I assume the prize will be the holiday because thats not going to cost them anything, I did it once before with absolute and thats what happens

I have been to 5 different companies now and they ALL do the exactly the same...........I have only ever won the holiday voucher with every company has the SAME restrictions... :D

I only go because I get an attractive " benefit " in another way for doing so although I'm not going to mention what is because I would

give the game away :)

:D you hook up with the girls who take your details as well :D some lookers i'll give you that :D

going to the meetings only encourages these twits to keep annoying people

Well I'm sorry about that ! :)

What amazes me is how much it must be costing these people to run these operations.

And this particular outfit Stoney Monday are actually running their operations from the same offices

as a previous time share company I was told went out of business. :D

You would either think they would get the message or they must have real guts especially in this

economic climate. I just cant believe there would be that many gullible people around

that would encourage them to even think they can make money from doing this.

I am also curious to know how they managed to get work permits for so many farangs

bearing in mind its meant to be 4 Thai employees per 1 farang ?

Another thing is you could argue that with very low occupancy rates in some places

and in these uncertain global economic conditions-it doesn't even pay the consumer

any longer to subscribe to any scheme regarding future prices of holidays because who knows

how far prices could drop in the future if some establishments have such low occupancy?

Edited by thaijasmine

:D you hook up with the girls who take your details as well :D some lookers i'll give you that :D

good thinking, so you go 50/50 with the payment the girl gets for taking you there?

good thinking, so you go 50/50 with the payment the girl gets for taking you there?

No one half decent would do that -take salary money from a Thai :D

in any case they only get peanuts

With other words.. A pure bred scam.

I reckoned it was so but not 100% sure.

If you see a guy trying to get in touch with you that has a white t-shirt with an orange star on the front, run away screaming. It's from the Stoney monday

No one half decent would do that -take salary money from a Thai :D

in any case they only get peanuts

The going rate for a good 'up' (lead) was about 50 pound sterling that was way back in 1989 in Tenerife, dont know what it is in this day and age and in Asia, not bad money back then if they was getting 20 a week in.

All over Patong. I talked to one of the girls who was basically pleading with me because she need a finders fee. They are paid peanuts and have to hide from the cops that shake them down for 1000 baht every so often. The sales people in Patong are working illegally (no work visas for the job), which should tell you something about the promoters. Why any short time visitor would waste time with the ripoff isn't worth the time to wonder why.

• 4 months later...

:) We 'bought' a discounted holiday club membership and paid $2500NZ up front then $550 monthly until a large sum $1500 was debited from our credit card without authorisation. We are to become eligible fo cheap holiday accomodation after 60% of the $8,000NZ is paid , which is now. We haven't received our DAE details yet , and have just discovered all these scam forums,

Will cancel credit card of course and see what happens.

Dumb tourists.

I was hijacked today from a more than enthusiastic guy on a motorbike and was hauled over to their sales office.

After ninety minutes sales representation I backed out. Seemed like they had a reasonable plan for business offering 50% discount on more than 7600 resorts around the world and availability to buy into their resorts in thailand.

Don't know how much it'll cost to buy into that and one of their arguments was that you could get a studio in a five star resort for as little rent as 99-199 dollars for one week.

Btw they gave me T-shirt and a 7 days, six nights vacation voucher on their resorts in thailand (from the lottery tickets they handed out).

Regards

My objection is their tactics to gather leads. A few days ago just walking peacefully along in Jomtien and one of their moto salesman cuts right in front of me at a high speed blocking my path, and blurts out, Do you speak English? I give him a dirty look, ignore him and walk on and he does it again!

Now if I was a tourist and this happend to me once on a trip I wouldn't think much of it. But living here this kind of thing has happened many times.

Edited by Jingthing

They are all paid commission only so the cost structure is minimal. None of the falangs involved have work permits.

The Thais do get as said 20 baht for each CONFIRMED person. They do not get anything if you give a false name/number.

I knew one little corker who used to ply her trade with the mob that stands on Beach Road opposite the bigger Starbucks. I knew her from her twirling days. She is now married to an American and lives in Chicago. He apparently knows nothing of her past. I spoke to him once and he was adamant he didn't go with 'professionals'.

:) We 'bought' a discounted holiday club membership and paid $2500NZ up front then $550 monthly until a large sum $1500 was debited from our credit card without authorisation. We are to become eligible fo cheap holiday accomodation after 60% of the $8,000NZ is paid , which is now. We haven't received our DAE details yet , and have just discovered all these scam forums,

Will cancel credit card of course and see what happens.

Dumb tourists.

Regards

Hi Gabbie,

Dont think you are alone,we experienced the same except we are still paying the partial payments in fear to lose the right to the timeshare.

Did you managed to reclaim your deposit?

On the basis of misrepresentation we might have a chance.

Let me know,we wont give up so easy, we are stronger in numbers.

Regards

Interpol

They are all paid commission only so the cost structure is minimal. None of the falangs involved have work permits.

The Thais do get as said 20 baht for each CONFIRMED person. They do not get anything if you give a false name/number.

I knew one little corker who used to ply her trade with the mob that stands on Beach Road opposite the bigger Starbucks. I knew her from her twirling days. She is now married to an American and lives in Chicago. He apparently knows nothing of her past. I spoke to him once and he was adamant he didn't go with 'professionals'.

Hi,

You seems to know a lot about this international criminals.

We are scammed earlier by these mugs,we are desperate for help.

Does the thai authorities aware of their operations?Specially the illegal workers.

Heard of anyone succesfully challanged them before?

Please let me know.

Regards

Hasn't Stoney Monday closed down already?

I have been caught by this company and feel so abused by what these people have done. I paid a lot of money only to find out i was scammed. My DAE number i got was not valid even though they told me as i paid in full it would be. I had a weeks holiday supposedly booked only to find out when calling the hotel they booked me into that stoney monday had cancelled all bookings. I have flown out to Thailand in a vain effort to see them and to my amazement they have completely closed everything down. I have tried to call on numerous occassions with no success and when emailed them had no reply ( i still await one )

What if anything can i do to get something from this?

I feel i have just lost all of my money and these animals dont even bat an eyelid.

VERY ANGRY.

I have been caught by this company and feel so abused by what these people have done. I paid a lot of money only to find out i was scammed. My DAE number i got was not valid even though they told me as i paid in full it would be. I had a weeks holiday supposedly booked only to find out when calling the hotel they booked me into that stoney monday had cancelled all bookings. I have flown out to Thailand in a vain effort to see them and to my amazement they have completely closed everything down. I have tried to call on numerous occassions with no success and when emailed them had no reply ( i still await one )

What if anything can i do to get something from this?

I feel i have just lost all of my money and these animals dont even bat an eyelid.

VERY ANGRY.

9e481f2484816f5

NEW CONTACT since 28th Oct 09 = Mr Rhys Hayes is Stoney Mondays' new Member services officer.

Phone + 4420 7147 7132 four four two zero seven one four seven seven one three two

Edited by gabbie

REply to Interpol:

We tried contacting DAE Asia/ Australia but they refer us straight back to Stoney Monday and they gave us a new contact person; Rhys Hayes , whose name is very similiar to Rell Hayes the Managing Director of SM. We are also hoping it isn't a scam, because we love to holiday, but this has put us off Thailand altogether.

Hi Gabbie,

Dont think you are alone,we experienced the same except we are still paying the partial payments in fear to lose the right to the timeshare.

Did you managed to reclaim your deposit?

On the basis of misrepresentation we might have a chance.

Let me know,we wont give up so easy, we are stronger in numbers.

Regards

Interpol

• 3 months later...

Stoney Monday, under Rell Hayes, has closed down in Thailand. Mr Hayes basically swindled investors out of millions and is now being sought to be brought back to Thailand for justice. My understanding is he has reopened in Bali to scam more people.. DAE or Dial an Exchange that they sell is free to join for anyone one that is about to fall for this scam. Mr Hayes however has decided to make fake pictures and even mock building displays to fool people into thinking their is are will be these 5 star resorts to stay in once you are a member. THIS IS ALL NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Mr Hayes did not pay his staff the money owed or the loans he has accumulated in Thailand and he is now on the run from the investors he has stolen this money from for this scam. He is trying to take some of the stolen money and reopen the scam in Bali....So BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! any questions just ask me...