BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
COBRA22

Australian Women Arrested In Phuket Over Bar Mat

I assume the cops are teaching her a lesson by letting her enter the procedure and it's minutaes.

After 2 weeks, when she realized they are serious and she has been dumped like a sandbag to wait at her expense for court hearing (police does not interfere with court hearing schedule) she is trying to teach them her own lesson by calling media, foul mouthed husband and lawyer.

"You can be prosecuted for offending an officer" banner at the airport must have been slapped on the walls after many a scene they (the officers) had seen.

Thinktoomutt,

I asked earlier if you could please supply a source to your claim that she used VERY bad language to the police. You hav enot responded, so was that your imagination?

Now you appear to be referring to the Husband and lawyer as "Foul Mouthed". Have they been swearing at and verbally abusing people in some way? If so source please.

Maybe just more from your imagination. :)

Exclusive: Freed Aussie Mum Says: 'I'm So Glad It's Over'

By Alan Morison and Cutima Sidasathian Wednesday, May 20, 2009Updating Exclusive Phuketwan Report

TRAPPED Australian tourist Annice Smoel is free to fly back to Australia and her four children.

Her court appearance, scheduled for Monday, was accellerated to this afternoon on Phuket.

To expedite the case, she pleaded guilty to a theft charge over the incident that saw her passport confiscated and put her briefly in a cell.

Rest of article here http://phuketwan.com/tourism/freed-aussie-...ays-glad-11137/

That is great! Super news! Thank you tourism authority and Phuket guv.

Now you appear to be referring to the Husband and lawyer as "Foul Mouthed". Have they been swearing at and verbally abusing people in some way? If so source please.

Maybe just more from your imagination. :)

She certainly was not yelling at police "I am mother of 4". She just remembered that now, 2 weeks later, when she realized that police has junked her in a bin to bleed with cost, unable to leave Thailand.

You just need a bit of life experience to compile what might have happened.

If you told me this story up to the point when she was brought to police station - I could have told you almost exactly what was going to develop, exactly what she would have faced.

And Oz PM said - "It will be very, very tough to help her out".

Thai police - still, they are leaving spare door for everyone to exit - they said "policemen did not properly understand what she was yelling at them".

Now, her cavalry rides in - both husband and lawyer - just see what they said to media. Like they are working against her. Look up earlier in the thread, it's all there.

LivinginLos, where in that quote has it ben stated what she actually said? Being loud isn't an offence, even in Thailand :) added to the quoted fact that the "officers didn't understand her properly" then I can't see that is any proof of her saying or doing what you & others have claimed.

Boo you have been here long enough to know that some loud drunken harangue especially from a female to a male police officer.. And later his chief.. Is not polite behavior in Thailand.

Secondly she was given the chance to sign papers, admit guilt, and pay a small fine but she refused.. Demanded an english speaking lawyer.. Demanded everything translated into english.. OK fine, you want it by the book, no problem, give me your passport, go over there and wait for a court date.

She had multiple outs for this mess.. But kept digging herself deeper into the muck.

Seems like Thailand handled it fine for once..

Thief was arrested.. Treated by the book.. and processed and sent home..

And this is international news..

Edited by LivinginKata

So much speculation and all from the words of the BiB and a Farang bar owner...

And we are all absolutely secure in the knowledge that the Thai police are honest, upright, truthful and not in any way corrupt.

I find it very sad that so many people have found this person guilty, flamed her, made racist and nasty comments, based on the very few facts that are known.

I hope that these unsympathetic inhumane people never find themselves in a similar position to this woman.

Of course if they did, none of them would complain as they will know that they totally deserve what they get.

I sure do pray and hope too that no one would find themself in a similar position as the woman.

I'd also pray that you'll never land in the same position as the cop at that present situation.

Got it? No? :)

It seems like the governor and TAT decided that enough was enough and there didn't need to be any more Thai-bashing in the foreign press. Good on them.

If the police had seen it this way from the beginning, none of this would have made the news, and she could have had the exact same punishment.

I am wondering if there will be any reprecussions within the police department, or will everything be ignored?

Exclusive: Freed Aussie Mum Says: 'I'm So Glad It's Over'

Excellent! Good news and happy that she is going home. Governor of Phuket, Wichai Praisa-nob was wise to intervene and be the gracious man in charge.

I would have demanded to know why after flying to Phuket she chose to spend her time at a bar thats main entertainment is big screen TV"s showing racing and football from Australia. :D

That bar owner should be on trial if he sells those lame mats for $60. I mean they had boxing kangaroos on them :D

After this thread I suggest his forum change its name to the "Cynical, Angry, Bitter, Belly-aching, Farang Forum"

A few people on this forum need to take up yoga, golf or just don't go to Thailand anymore.......... :)

Seems like Thailand handled it fine for once..

Thief was arrested.. Treated by the book.. and processed and sent home..

And this is international news..

Yurp. Settled finally. Stirring the whole episode just to succumb to it.

Bet she will think twice about drinking with that bunch of friends, or at least without a bag.

I would have demanded to know why after flying to Phuket she chose to spend her time at a bar thats main entertainment is big screen TV"s showing racing and football from Australia. :D

That bar owner should be on trial if he sells those lame mats for $60. I mean they had boxing kangaroos on them :D

After this thread I suggest his forum change its name to the "Cynical, Angry, Bitter, Belly-aching, Farang Forum"

A few people on this forum need to take up yoga, golf or just don't go to Thailand anymore.......... :)

LOL :D

Almost fell off my chair reading this...

lol seems the hanging sqad are gonna be upset that this bird didn't get the chair. What smug dregs on this thread with imaginary senarios what she did or didn't do or say & bitching & ranting about it like a bunch of old hags. The govn'r wouldn't apologise if he didn't know the cops were in the wrong. Read the words of that last press release carefully. It says it all.

lol seems the hanging sqad are gonna be upset that this bird didn't get the chair. What smug dregs on this thread with imaginary senarios what she did or didn't do or say & bitching & ranting about it like a bunch of old hags. The govn'r wouldn't apologise if he didn't know the cops were in the wrong. Read the words of that last press release carefully. It says it all.
OK read it. I think this the relevant paragraph.
He intervened in the case after receiving telephone calls earlier today from Thailand's Ministry of Tourism and the Foreign Ministry.

Not an admission of guilt just following orders.