House Construction Photos

tuky

Here is the link to my house construction photos. If your interested in these things you may like it. If your not it may be boring.

tukyleith's house construction

If you have an album here at thavisa.com with anything relevant to this forum, please post the link in this thread. The thaivisa gallery page is found Here

Cheers, and happy house hunting/building/whatever.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the link to my house construction photos. If your interested in these things you may like it. If your not it may be boring.

If you have an album here at thavisa.com with anything relevant to this forum, please post the link in this thread. The thaivisa gallery page is found Here

Do you have to register separately in order to post pictures in the gallery? It's not recognizing my normal user name.

Do you have to register separately in order to post pictures in the gallery?  It's not recognizing my normal user name.

If you are already logged in just click on this link and it will take you to your contro panel's photo album setup. If you have any more trouble just ask in the support forum as you'll get faster replies there. Thanks :o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...lbums&op=addnew

cv

Do you have to register separately in order to post pictures in the gallery? It's not recognizing my normal user name.

Sorry,

you need to go to the top of the page, and click "my controls" on the left you will see a link called "my albums" click that and then start...

Nice house, love that car, beautiful wife and baby, but, is the Mother-in-Law moving in too?

mouse,

She is moving in, but that is fine. As you see in the photos there is an upstairs living room, plus 3 bedrooms and two toilets with one having a spa.

Upstairs is the Farang area, my place. The family are always welcome but they must remain downstairs :o They all know this and infact have no reason to go upstairs. So everything is great, the mother in law helps my wife with the baby taking a bit of pressure of her (and me) and life is great isn't it?

Word is spreading in the family so we are getting a lot more visitors than we did in the old house, and I am sure a few requests for financial help will be arriving soon to but luckily my wife is one of the tightest people I have ever met, when a family members asks her for help she tells em to go and get stuffed (read, find your own walking ATM) :D

I love my life, my wife and my daughter.!!! :D:D

That's a great house Leith, I like your upper floor area that is yours and off limits, sometimes we need a bit of space to ourselves.  Looks like you found good carpenters as well.

Very nice.

Imagine the cost of that back in your country of Birth!!!    :o    :D

prohibitive mate, it couldn't be done. Yeah, we got some really good contractors and I would be willing to pass numbers on to anyone who might need some work done in the Chon Buri area.

John, a bloke has to have his space, so I have created a little world for me upstairs, but that doesn't mean I will not be involved in the family infact it means I will have more involvement because I won't feel so suffocated by them.

My BLOG?

I use my Blog in TV to post photos about house building etc.  Just click the link above.

Cheers Cheeky, thanks for posting the link.

Isn't this in Central Park 4 ?

If so - we'll be neighbours soon - ours should be done in April...

pedro01

Where is Central Park 4?

Nice place Tuky.

What was the construction period... start to finish?

And where did you get your tiles and bathroom fittings from?

Jai Dee

The better half spent hours driving around stopping at different places, in the end she got the marble tiles and granite tiles from different places along Sukhumvit, the marble I think just south of Sri Racha, north of Laem Chabang and the granite from just north of Sri Racha, as for the fittings she ended up buying them from all over the place, I think Carrefour figured heavily but she just drove around looking looking and haggling.

We still have the landscaping to do and a few more bits and pieces but I guess it was 12/13 months from start to relative finish.

very nice indee, seem like you got everything going on nicely, next step permanent residental  :D

I wish, I don't even have a non imm yet :o (tax reasons).

Central Park 4 - go to Sukhumvit Rd, Past Lotus/Big C & turn left at the sign for the K-9 centre.

Up that road about 1.5kms is an estate called Central Park 4 which is full of houses exactly like the one in your photo.

Mine should be finished in April, with a following wind...

leith

you got any fotos showing the grade for your house relative to the surrounding area (preferably before the concrete was laid)? How did you you go about laying out the drainage and sewage pipes?

My big concerns...

(tutsi is full of shit and brown water)

tutsi, alas I was not around during that stage. Seeing as our house is in a moo baan the primary contractors had enough knowledge from building the other houses in the estate, I was not too concerned about it.

You know the story in our line of work mate, you cannot always be home.

The first time I saw the house was when I took those initial photos, so I am running on faith.

Are you going to build the thing yourself?

Nice going Leith. I am a humitarian aid worker and have been working in Afghanistan the last couple of years. R & R for 2 weeks every 8 weeks so my wife contracted out and supervised construction of our place, herself. I was not here to help her other than on the design of the place.

She's a pretty smart chick-asked for a complete price with labour component separate then let the contract for labour only. She purchased everything at our local building supply warehouse and had it delivered as work progressed.

So we have a very beautiful new house-3 bedrooms-main with ensuite bathroom, huge living area, kitchen, laundry, second bathroom, storeroom and verandah on 3 sides which includes carport. Tiled throughout.

Complete price including built in furniture, curtains, beds, bedding, cooking stuff, electrical goods, sat TV and sat internet, water bore and pump, driveway and fences all round for less than Bt1,000,000.

Excellent tradesmen and only 4 months to build. The labour only build idea is a great incentive for them to move as they only had 2 payments-1/3 to start and the rest at completion. This was my wife's idea and it certainly worked.

We live in Lam Plai Mat in Buri Ram.

Hope this info may be of assistance to someone,

Cheers,

Bicko

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pix Leith!

Beautiful family! Beautiful home! Hard for a man to be unhappy with those in place!

Really like all the custom wood work. How much extra did that add to the cost of the house?

Nice pix Leith!

Beautiful family! Beautiful home! Hard for a man to be unhappy with those in place!

Really like all the custom wood work. How much extra did that add to the cost of the house?

Sorry Spee, just read your question. I think it cost about a half mill for all the woodwork. That included cornices, cabinets, BIR and even 3 queen sized beds!!!

As soon as I find the charger for my digi camera I will add photos of the finished product, the whole deal has turned out quite well :o

• 1 month later...
Nice going Leith. I am a humitarian aid worker and have been working in Afghanistan the last couple of years. R & R for 2 weeks every 8 weeks so my wife contracted out and supervised construction of our place, herself. I was not here to help her other than on the design of the place.

She's a pretty smart chick-asked for a complete price with labour component separate then let the contract for labour only. She purchased everything at our local building supply warehouse and had it delivered as work progressed.

So we have a very beautiful new house-3 bedrooms-main with ensuite bathroom, huge living area, kitchen, laundry, second bathroom, storeroom and verandah on 3 sides which includes carport. Tiled throughout.

Complete price including built in furniture, curtains, beds, bedding, cooking stuff, electrical goods, sat TV and sat internet, water bore and pump, driveway and fences all round for less than Bt1,000,000.

Excellent tradesmen and only 4 months to build. The labour only build idea is a great incentive for them to move as they only had  2 payments-1/3 to start and the rest at completion. This was my wife's idea and it certainly worked.

We live in Lam Plai Mat in Buri Ram.

Hope this info may be of assistance to someone,

Excellent price and time frame for completion!

Cheers,

Bicko