House Construction Photos

tuky

After the land, wall/garden and kitchen are in, house around 9 mill all told. Market value? Ask the Interior Minister if he would kindly extract didgit and sort out property ownership.

It's looking good Suiging, and moving forward, not a bad price considering the size, and not least the quality as it looks... is your price incl. the land???

Yes

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the link to my house construction photos. If your interested in these things you may like it. If your not it may be boring.

tukyleith's house construction

If you have an album here at thavisa.com with anything relevant to this forum, please post the link in this thread. The thaivisa gallery page is found Here

Cheers, and happy house hunting/building/whatever.

How much is it setting you back, if I might ask. For my future home....

Here is the link to my house construction photos. If your interested in these things you may like it. If your not it may be boring.

tukyleith's house construction

If you have an album here at thavisa.com with anything relevant to this forum, please post the link in this thread. The thaivisa gallery page is found Here

Cheers, and happy house hunting/building/whatever.

How much is it setting you back, if I might ask. For my future home....

Still on track as at the top of the page. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Of interest to the Western standards debate, something nagged my Thai builder about the windows/doors. Fitted by sub contract they have been sent back many times over the month as they were not to his standard. After finally being OK'd for fit something still bugged him. Out with the trusty screwdriver and there it was. The screws were not stainless. Call to BK all windows doors removed yet again until all screws changed.

looks like you got one good and honest Thai Builder, is there any schedule yet to when everything will be finished, and are you keeping the budget as of before??

Heavy rains have slowed matters by the odd week, as has the inability of the door/window guys to do their job properly. Budget on track. Next up, outside tiles and pool. Interior after windows well and truely securable.

The builder continues to amaze with his attention to detail and honest approach, I have been very lucky. :o

Have you considered putting some sun shading over all those a/c units? Doing so will reduce your cooling bills.

I'd also anti thief cages over them if I where you.

Thanks, having read the same tip in another thread, I have asked my guy to do just that ( the shade )

Anti theft an idea, though i intend to have alarms , security lights and a little man in the guard house.

Thanks again.

Edited by suiging

One other thing you might want to look at is the spacing of the compressor units from the wall.

They look awful close in the photo. If they are too close the air flow will be restricted, increasing load on your fans and reducing air flow speeds. Both of these effects will increase electrity usage.

When looking at shelter designs, simple and airy is best, shade the sun off but don't block air flow. For all the reasons above.

Thanks for clarifying the gate house, I was thinking it might be for the inlaws. :o

Edited by GuestHouse

One other thing you might want to look at is the spacing of the compressor units from the wall.

They look awful close in the photo. If they are too close the air flow will be restricted, increasing load on your fans and reducing air flow speeds. Both of these effects will increase electrity usage.

When looking at shelter designs, simple and airy is best, shade the sun off but don't block air flow. For all the reasons above.

Thanks for clarifying the gate house, I was thinking it might be for the inlaws. :o

Great advise, emailed the boy already !! thanks.

PS Inlaws Chinese, three generations and their friends could live in the guard house..........no thanks. :D

Have you considered putting some sun shading over all those a/c units? Doing so will reduce your cooling bills.

I'd also anti thief cages over them if I where you.

only an a/c-installer who is a bit brain-amputated would lign up the condensers/compressors that close AND add a sunshade to double the electric bill. the exception would be a knowlegeable a/c-installer who follows strictly the requests and demands of a farang who wants to hide the 'ugly' units and wonders later about high electricity bills.

nota bene: the sunshade for outside units -quoted here so often- is highly overrated and helps only a bit if the condenser surface is exposed, e.g. towards a low western afternoon sun. normally all modern outside units have downward pointed louvers to protect the condenser fins from direct sun radiation.

of course... should the sun rise from below ground a few meters from the outside units neither these louvers nor a sunshade on top will help.

:o

Sun shades do reduce load on the a/c unit, the ruduction is a constant no maintenance method of reducing load and over years of usage offer significant cost savings, not just energy usage but also reducing maintenance costs because they protect the units from the elements.

We fitted sunshades to our compressors and have seen a saving of around 8%.

Not just a cost saving, but also a reduction of environmental impact.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...