House Construction Photos

tuky

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Tukyleith,

I enjoyed the photo tour of your new home. You did a nice job with the photography.

I'm curious to know the logic behind locating the electrical breaker box on the wall in the second floor hallway. Most that I have seen are usually located in a less conspicuous location, or close to where the wiring enters the building.

Best wishes to you and your family for many years in your beautiful home!

Hello Tukyleith,

I enjoyed the photo tour of your new home. You did  a nice job with the photography.

I'm curious to know the logic behind locating the electrical breaker box on the wall in the second floor hallway. Most that I have seen are usually located in a less conspicuous location, or close to where the wiring enters the building.

Best wishes to you and your family for many years in your beautiful home!

Hi Bino,

It was not really a decision that I made, and my first thought was the same as yours. However it turned out to be a good one. The RCD trips quite often, especially when my wife plugs a fan into one of the outlets etc, (shame the outlets do not have an on/off switch) so the location might not be the best looking but turns out to be quite practical. There is an emergency light on the unit that illuminates when it trips so it can be found at night. :o

Thanks for the reply!

There is an emergency light on the unit that illuminates when it trips so it can be found at night.  :o

I think this is a brilliant (pardon the pun) idea! I'm sure everyone can relate to groping in the dark to find the right switch, or changing the fuse in an older house.

Once again, best wishes for many happy years!

Edited by bino

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leith,

I'm new to TV and just came across the message with your new home pic's.

Place looks great and guess my now it's finished and you're all settled.

I'm looking to build a house in the Khao Yai area but just getting started and trying to find a builder.

Can you give me idea how big is your house...interior approx. how mnay sq. meters??

Sounds like you got a great deal based on the all in proce you quoted in one of your messages.

Thanks

Leith,

I'm new to TV and just came across the message with your new home pic's.

Place looks great and guess my now it's finished and you're all settled.

I'm looking to build a house in the Khao Yai area but just getting started and trying to find a builder.

Can you give me idea how big is your house...interior approx. how mnay sq. meters??

Sounds like you got a great deal based on the all in proce you quoted in one of your messages.

Thanks

Hi Two Roads, I do apologise for the delay in my reply.

Total living space inside our home is 81 dtalang wah, and land area is 147 dtaland wah. 1 Dtalang wah = 4 square metres so we have 324 square metres of living space inside on 588 square metres of dirt.

You are aware of the costs for our house, I am sure you could build the same house cheaper if you did it yourself. However sometimes it is easier to let someone else take of all the hassles, when you do build the most important thing is to be there as often as you can. This will make you the quality control "officer" as if you leave them to theri own devices you will end up with a house that is not square.

Think about insulation, at the very least make sure you get a layer of that silver sheeting installed under the tiles. Determine where you want you appliances including telephones, LAN outlets etc. Much easier to get all this installed initially. We were not aware that our developers didn't include hot water reticulation in our house design, and as we were not always present (work away to pay for it :o) we didn't catch it in time. Now we have no facilities for hot water in the kitchen, three bathrooms and laundry, The master bath has hot water because I installed a spa after market.

We spent a lot of money on beautifying the house, the original spec had basic handrails on the balconies, including indoors. Basic tiling, no kitchen and "built ins" I guess we added another 1.5 million before we could start to look at furniture and white goods.

I hope this has answered some of your questions.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Very nice house. Sorry if iv missed it but where did you build and if you dont mind me asking how much did it set you back?

:o

Was that me you were asking Chainat1?

If so, the details are in the very first post of my blog.

:D

By the way, I've updated it again.

:D

Edited by Jai Dee

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the link to my house construction photos. If your interested in these things you may like it. If your not it may be boring.

Nice pix Leith!

Beautiful family! Beautiful home! Hard for a man to be unhappy with those in place!

Really like all the custom wood work. How much extra did that add to the cost of the house?

Beautiful House , what would it cost to build without the woodork and marble /granite floors ? Again a very nice house

• 3 weeks later...

WOW ! REALLY NICE house you have there and beatiful dauther and wife too. i just wonder how much just the glass-door shower set cost ? i really want to have something like that in my bathroom . and you are very lucky man ,not alot of people have all that in one life. congrats on the new house

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone is interested but here are my pics of my house under construction near Khorat (due to be completed at the end of the month). http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...album&album=276

Also pics of my house in Phuket. They are from about a year ago after construction had just finished. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...album&album=275

As I don't have a digital camera, they are a strange mix of photos cobbled together from photos that friends and family have taken and sent me. When I eventually get around to getting a digital camera, I will try and get some better and updated shots as things have chaned quite a bit (especially on the Phuket house) since those photos.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't know if anyone is interested but here are my pics of my house under construction near Khorat (due to be completed at the end of the month). http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...album&album=276

Also pics of my house in Phuket.  They are from about a year ago after construction had just finished. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...album&album=275

As I don't have a digital camera, they are a strange mix of photos cobbled together from photos that friends and family have taken and sent me.  When I eventually get around to getting a digital camera, I will try and get some better and updated shots as things have chaned quite a bit (especially on the Phuket house) since those photos.

Nice house Col.

3 questions.

How high are the poles in the new house?

Will there be a concrete base under the house?

Are you on mains water or harvesting rainwater?

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Tuky, if you are having problems with your RCB tripping:-

As standard CP houses have only 15amp wires run, fine if no air con, easy to change to 30amp and not expensive. (Thats the main line in from outside to the house)

Cheers

Tuky,

Does your house have a Main Earth?(earth stake buried directly into the earth). Do you have an MEN link in your Main Distribution Board? If either of these things do not exist, then your electrical system can be a lethal thing.

An MEN link is where the main Neutral conductor is connected to the Main Earth bar in the Main Distibution Board. This essentially provides a 2-way path for earth current to flow, which allows circuit breakers/RCD's to function correctly.

Having 3 pin GPO's (general purpose outlets or Power Points) does not generally mean that your equipment is earthed, unless you can actually prove the connection between each GPO earth pin & the Main Earth conductor.

Thai electrical standards are woeful. I have seen many new houses that have been fitted with 3 pin GPO's but I was unable to find the Main Earth or earth stake. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS.

So, don't forget, 3 things are required. A Main Earth buried directly into the ground (at least 1 metre...a copper sheathed, steel stake), a neutral link & all 3 pin GPO's to be connected to the earthing system.

The Thai electrical system is the same as that for Australia ie it utilises an MEN Link, a main earth & a complete earthing system.

Also bear in mind that RCD's should NOT be connected to your complete house power. This will lead to amazing inconvieniences later. Only general power circuits & half of your lighting circuits should be connected to an RCD. Do not connect such circuits as the refrigerator &/or freezer to these circuits. You can connect these devices to an RCD that has a 100 milliamp trip. Personal RCD protection should be about 20 to 30 milliamp trip.

That's a great house Leith, I like your upper floor area that is yours and off limits, sometimes we need a bit of space to ourselves.  Looks like you found good carpenters as well.

Very nice.

Imagine the cost of that back in your country of Birth!!!    :o    :D

prohibitive mate, it couldn't be done. Yeah, we got some really good contractors and I would be willing to pass numbers on to anyone who might need some work done in the Chon Buri area.

John, a bloke has to have his space, so I have created a little world for me upstairs, but that doesn't mean I will not be involved in the family infact it means I will have more involvement because I won't feel so suffocated by them.

My BLOG?

I use my Blog in TV to post photos about house building etc.  Just click the link above.

Cheers Cheeky, thanks for posting the link.

Yes it's nice house, congratulation

I will be happy to have name and number of the wodworker who make the closet, desk and the dressing table in front of the mirror, etc...

Can you provide me aven approximately the cost of one sqm of harwood floor ??

Thanks and good luck