House Construction Photos

tuky

I've searched for electrical standards in Thailand but can't find any. :o I'm assuming that Thailand is slowly adopting the ISO standards, which are very good. If anybody knows anything about "Standards" in Thailand, I'd love to know about them.

Again, apologies for seeming bitchy.

Just bring your Aussie experience and standards and you will be in demand by all expat home builders. :D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those with electrical questions etc, should see the post called 'Breaker Box Wiring'. If you don't conduct a search for it, it can be found in the 'Real Estate, housing, house and land ownership' section.

Dashed good idea Old Chap, we can keep our 'discussions' in one place :o:D

Edited by Crossy

Those with electrical questions etc, should see the post called 'Breaker Box Wiring'. If you don't conduct a search for it, it can be found in the 'Real Estate, housing, house and land ownership' section.

elkangorito, please PM me. I want to start a threat concerning your favourite topic. Lets work something out for the benefit of the community. We will stick it here for all to see.

Thanks mate.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nice house..i have a few questions i hope you can help me with.my wife and i will be building in Chaiyaphum in the near future. i really like your house design.where can i find house plans for Thai houses. what was the cost of your home,( labour & material) were you able able to find competent reliable builders....i hope you can help with some of theses questions...thanks

Hi,

The house never actually had any plans, it was just a case of , I want a room this size, I want this, that.etc...etc...

Probably 1.5 Million will get you a similar house, although now with everything having risen in price maybe you should allow for more.

We used more expensive materials all round the house, interior also, hard wood doors etc, expensive Tiles, you can do it cheaper than I did if you need to.

My wife actually done all the site management and the designs were from her, I was overseas working to pay for it!! :o

In fact, The House is on the Main Road to Loei Highway 201, just past Phu Kradung, many people have stopped and asked for plans, they have to make do with taking shots with a digital Camera.

The work was carried out by Family members, and local labour all from our Village, Windows and cielings from Chumpare, gates from Nong Hin.

I'm sure you can find competent builders in Chaiyaphum, try the Isaan forum and maybe there are guys that can recommend someone.

Good luck.

Here is the link to my house construction photos. If your interested in these things you may like it. If your not it may be boring.

tukyleith's house construction

If you have an album here at thavisa.com with anything relevant to this forum, please post the link in this thread. The thaivisa gallery page is found Here

Cheers, and happy house hunting/building/whatever.

Does anyone know where to get upvc double glassed windows in Pattaya / Thialand?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the link to my house construction photos. If your interested in these things you may like it. If your not it may be boring.

tukyleith's house construction

If you have an album here at thavisa.com with anything relevant to this forum, please post the link in this thread. The thaivisa gallery page is found Here

Cheers, and happy house hunting/building/whatever.

Hi

Where is your house located ? how much is your house ? how many room ? how many toilet, etc ?? How long does it take to construct the house ? You design the house yourself ? or you got it from property company which they built it in bunk ?? Are you going to show us your interior when its done . Anyway your house its just great........

• 2 weeks later...

Tuky, you've obviously got fully buried wiring (in PVC by the looks of it), did you have any issues with getting the electrical installation 'approved'??

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in a Vacation Home, is this a prefab house, if so can you PMl me the details

Thanks Den

To Steve & Burr,

thanks for sharing info & pix of your houses.

For anyone who is worried about termites, have a look at Termimesh before building.

My concept house is based on a Qlder.

post-2707-1138514401_thumb.jpg

Pole house

post-2707-1138516805_thumb.jpg

Another view of the Pole house

Too much glass in these pics, but it would be on 3m poles with 2 large rainwater tanks at the rear.

post-2707-1138515289_thumb.jpg

Floor plan...

B/R No. 3 would be a linen/junk room & I like the walk-in pantry in the kitchen & I'd double the size of the shower areas & dump the bath...

Verandah goes all around and is 2m wide covered by 3m eaves.

I'd use steel wherever possible.

Bronco has offered to design a simple lift for me at the rear... :D

All doorways wide enough for a wheelchair, lever handles on all doors and oversized light switches.

I have Sketchup 5 and Smartdraw 7 but haven't mastered either, yet.

Very frustrating to be over 60 & IT dumb! :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks like one beautyfull house, I do hope you will give us some more pics further on in the building process.. :o what is your estimated building price incl. the pool?? looks like a chimney up there on the second floor?? what is that for?? oil heating... just kidding... but curius.. how many sq. meters are we talking here?? sorry for the many?? but am interested in building a house there soon(Thailand).. is it a free houseplan or did you draw yourself??

That looks like one beautyfull house, I do hope you will give us some more pics further on in the building process.. :o what is your estimated building price incl. the pool?? looks like a chimney up there on the second floor?? what is that for?? oil heating... just kidding... but curius.. how many sq. meters are we talking here?? sorry for the many?? but am interested in building a house there soon(Thailand).. is it a free houseplan or did you draw yourself??

Hi

The cost of the house is around 6.3 Million. That includes all bathrooms, pool etc but not the kitchen as my builder refuses to get between a woman and her choice of kitchen. I sat in my man,s office told him over coffee what I required, we made same sketches there and then which he took to BK to be formalized and made into plans. The builder is a star. Honest and sets very high standards. He has brought down to Pattaya just about all the materials as he was not happy with the standard ( or spec with the steel ) of the local stuff. The house inside is around 400sqm with 2000sqm of garden. The master bedroom (80sqm) is the only upstairs room, the rest is false giving high ( and I mean high) ceilings to keep the place cool and save on aircon ( whole house aircned Daiken in the price ). You can build cheaper, but yo get what you pay for. I am happy to pass on the builders details to anyone who sends a PM. Oh yes, fake chimney, just thought it looked unusual for the area.

post-29794-1153458134.jpg

post-29794-1153458199.jpg

Hi Suiqinq,

Thank you so much the outlay of your house, look's stunning... I like the "fake" chimney, that's a cool add on... the bedroom must then be situated above the kitchen and maid's room right?? at least that's what I tried to figure out, 'cause both attachments were ground floor.. I will send PM for details on builder, looks like he know's what he is doing... I like the idea of hi ceiling above the living room...

Hi Suiqinq,

Thank you so much the outlay of your house, look's stunning... I like the "fake" chimney, that's a cool add on... the bedroom must then be situated above the kitchen and maid's room right?? at least that's what I tried to figure out, 'cause both attachments were ground floor.. I will send PM for details on builder, looks like he know's what he is doing... I like the idea of hi ceiling above the living room...

Sorry, I forgot to show the upstairs. As the build progresses things naturally change. We have made the stairs to the upper floor open plan with a gallery ( looks much better ). Please speak to the builder, his English is first rate, you will not be disappointed.

( no spam, I just think if you find a true, honest craftsman, it's good to share )post-29794-1153531557.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After the land, wall/garden and kitchen are in, house around 9 mill all told. Market value? Ask the Interior Minister if he would kindly extract didgit and sort out property ownership.

It's looking good Suiging, and moving forward, not a bad price considering the size, and not least the quality as it looks... is your price incl. the land???