Chiang Rai Bb Gun Club

toybits

Have been going to this BB Gun range near the Army Golf Course (old Fire Station - beside large water Tank). Most of the patrons are Thais and it seems I am the only non-Thai going there. I did meet one German from Thoeng who joined the activities for the day.

Loads of fun and really intense shooting BBs at each other.

The place is open on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (i.e. - after 17:00 h up to 21:00 h) and on Saturdays and Sundays (around 15:00 h to 21:00 h). Usually more people come around on weekends. Place might slow down a bit during the rainy season and then pick up again on October.

Entrance fee for non-members is 60 Baht. You could rent a BB-gun from the counter for 150 Baht (this includes entrance fees). One bag of BBs (4,000 pellets) is 300 Baht.

There are two shops in Chiang Rai that sell and service BB-guns. One is located at Den Ha, the other is located at the Night Bazaar. Business hours at these shops are rather odd. PM me if you need more information.

Many shops also at Mae Sai. Problem is that it is difficult to have them serviced. No guarantees.

http://www.chiangraibbgun.com/index.php

Sorry but link above is in Thai.

By the way, there is no age limit. So old f arts like myself are welcome. Age group is very varied - as is type of profession (enlisted persons, policemen, architects and engineers, the director of a government hospital, Or Bor Tor officials, Mathayom students, professionals, and business owners). Really a very eclectic group of people.

Looking forward to my next skirmish.

400 FPS. Not recommended to use sniper guns because the place is rather small. Bunkers are rather low. So you have to choose your ground carefully. Many use short units e.g. P90, Stubby, CQB. P90s fire at around 30 to 40 pellets / second. They have a gadget you fire through to measure speed of pellet as it is fired.

Is there a limit on the fps of the weapons used on site and does this differ from auto to sniper?

Ceramic pellets. NOT Paint ball. Youngest players were about Pathom 4. Son of one of the members.

Would this be somthing appropriate for an 8 to 9 year old boy?? Are these paint pellets?

I would take my step son if he would be aroung other young people.

• 9 years later...