Motorbike Rental In Ubon Ratchathani

ovenman

Visited Ubon last weekend. As usual, rented a motorbike from the well-known Chow Watana to get around while there. Never had a problem renting from them per se but to be kind, Chow Watana's motorbikes are generally beaters. Are there any other options for motorbike rental in Ubon? What I would be looking for is a 100cc to 125cc, preferably with manual gears.

Ovenman,

Ubon is not a big market for motorcycle rentals as there is only a small demand. Chow Wattana focuses on sedan and van rentals but keep a few mc just in case. Economics keeps them from investing in new machines.

Some of the local motorcycle dealerships will rent out repossessions and trade-ins but you have to go ask. When they do it is fairly cheap.

Also Legacy Gym out on Huai Wong Nang rents motorcycles I only heard their monthly rate is 4000TB.

Hope this helps some.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks for your input. I wasn't really expecting to learn about a slew of other rental options in Ubon and in that sense, I'm not disappointed. Chow Watana doesn't really need to invest in a fleet of new rental bikes, they just need to better maintain the ones they do have!

• 7 months later...
Wow, still the same place as in my 2001 Lonely Planet.

What's the "top bike" this rental company has? How much do they charge?

Thanks.

Well the "new faces on the block " are Jay-Jay motorcycle hire, they have good, clean and well maintained 125cc automatics. You can find them at 709, Sapphasit Road in Ubon