House Rental In Chiang Mai

Just

Hi There, this is my first post to this forum after I was totally impressed by the “Locating to Chiang Mai” thread that I had to ask your advice.

At the end of month I’m planning to fulfill a long time ambition of mine to take my family to live in Chiang Mai. Was very pleased to read that you can still get “Upcountry Thai prices” in Chiang Mai (- cheers Chanchao :o) and I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with house rental and any details below would be a bonus: -

1) Length of rental contact

2) Monthly cost and deposit amount

3) Amount of furniture, i.e. none, basic up to luxurious

I own a new car so transport/location shouldn't be a problem, but wondered if anyone could suggest a good place to start looking for a 5,000 to 6,000 Baht per month house, with only one month deposit, but might stretch to two if the place is nice and if at all possible would probably prefer to be in a housing estate or somewhere not too isolated for security reasons.

Any advice much appreciated, Just.

Thanks for the link chanchao!

Guess I should start by driving along Hang dong road and then let the missus check out the housing estates, while I sit safely concealed in the back of the car.

I used to do the price negotiations myself, but now my wife has realized just how much the prices do fluctuate, and also how much time and effort it saves, she’s prepared to do the ol' routine.

If anyone else has any further suggestions, would be grateful.

Cheers, Just.

Hi There, this is my first post to this forum after I was totally impressed by the “Locating to Chiang Mai” thread that I had to ask your advice.

At the end of month I’m planning to fulfill a long time ambition of mine to take my family to live in Chiang Mai. Was very pleased to read that you can still get “Upcountry Thai prices” in Chiang Mai (- cheers Chanchao :o) and I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with house rental and any details below would be a bonus: -

1) Length of rental contact

2) Monthly cost and deposit amount

3) Amount of furniture, i.e. none, basic up to luxurious

I own a new car so transport/location shouldn't be a problem, but wondered if anyone could suggest a good place to start looking for a 5,000 to 6,000 Baht per month house, with only one month deposit, but might stretch to two if the place is nice and if at all possible would probably prefer to be in a housing estate or somewhere not too isolated for security reasons.

Any advice much appreciated, Just.

Where are you relocating from?