What Did He Want?

Carmine6

A similar thing happened to me 7 years ago in Soi 6. I was walking down the street minding my own business taking time to casually glance at my Financial Times and to adjust my Beer Chang vest, when all of a sudden a girl wearing what appreared to be a schoolgirl uniform approached me.

I ignored her of course and went about my business. I often wonder what did she want? And why wasn't she at shool?

A similar thing happened to me 7 years ago in Soi 6. I was walking down the street minding my own business taking time to casually glance at my Financial Times and to adjust my Beer Chang vest, when all of a sudden a girl wearing what appreared to be a schoolgirl uniform approached me.

I ignored her of course and went about my business. I often wonder what did she want? And why wasn't she at shool?

She was selling short-timeshare I think. I've heard about if but never understood.

I agree that it was probably some timeshare promotion. But, even knowing it is a business proposition is it so difficult to just be polite and answer that you are not interested? It might be different if it was at night and you were alone in some deserted area. In that case there might be some risk involved with stopping. But that doesn't seem to be the case here... and the reason for all the funny replies.

I'm polite with everyone and I have enough savy to be adamant that I don't want to be bothered by someone selling something I don't want. But, occasionally I'll stop and chat with the east Indian suit salesmen if I don't have something better to do. There is no way they can sell me something I don't need, but I don't mind a friendly chat. Nobody can be in THAT much of a hurry that you can't be polite.

there is a guy of south asian descent who regularly trolls the streets like this trying to sell something or other...my 2 word response, when asked by the same guy if I spoke English on a second occasion, was enough to send him hurriedly exiting

there is a guy of south asian descent who regularly trolls the streets like this trying to sell something or other...my 2 word response, when asked by the same guy if I spoke English on a second occasion, was enough to send him hurriedly exiting

WORK PERMIT????