800,000 Baht Retirement Funds

If i have savings in a 5 year bond and they are much higher than the 800,000 baht,could i use this information to get a retirement visa.This allows me to take a yearly salary excludng my private pension.so,in theory could i just show the immigration how much money i have in this acount yearly or not.

Immigration normally only accepts a savings or fixed term accounts. Some offices have been reported as not accepting fixed term accounts.

To get them to understand what a bond is might be difficult.

A 5 year bond can be looked at as a savings bond or a fixed term account,but i do understand that there is no fixed interest,could be very good or very bad.Maybe ii should go to immigration and check this out.

Thanks for replying

Will your embassy acknowledge the 5 year bond interest and issue an income affidavit for immigration?

Only when the income (interest) was payed outside of Thailand would the embassy issue an income letter. They don't do it for income from within Thailand.

This bond is offshore and may i ask what iinterest as the stock market is crap.My broker could do a letter or i have proof of the investment but its not in Thailand so the answer could be no.

More than one way of skinning a cat though lol.

This bond is offshore and may i ask what iinterest as the stock market is crap.My broker could do a letter or i have proof of the investment but its not in Thailand so the answer could be no.

More than one way of skinning a cat though lol.

The rules are the 800,000 has to be in Thailand. Only for the 65,000 a month income option can the money come from abroad.

A friend of mine tried for retirement extension using Siam Commercial Bank Bonds for 800k baht method and Korat immigration said they were not liquid enough because they had a maturity date. He could not make them understand they could be sold on secondary market prior to maturity and he would have money within 24 hours.

Thanks for MOST of the replys guys.I will continue to get a multi entry 0 until i cash the bonds,then i might go for the 800,000 baht then or just use a different method if i need/want to.Not a big issue as the 0 visa is good but thought maybe i could use the bonds as a method of a retirement visa.

Many thanks

MOD,you can shut this topic if you choose to.

You could try for a O-A visa, good for 1 year, a multiple O-A is even good for 2 years. But it is a lot of work get get one. You can only get one in your home country and wil need to submit a police report and medical exam. The multiple non-O is much easier.

Don't forget that a combintion of income and money in a bankacccount in Thailand is also possible, as long as the total is 800,000. The money in the bank doesn't have to be there for at least 3 months when you use the combined method.

Will your embassy acknowledge the 5 year bond interest and issue an income affidavit for immigration?

Only when the income (interest) was payed outside of Thailand would the embassy issue an income letter. They don't do it for income from within Thailand.

I get a letter from the Embassy about an income in Thailand, so they do issue them..

I get a letter from the Embassy about an income in Thailand, so they do issue them..

I suspect immigration would still like to see documents that you paid tax in Thailand for that income.

I suspect immigration would still like to see documents that you paid tax in Thailand for that income.

I pay my Tax in Thailand automatically deducted by my University, but for your information, you can show the Embassy how you would like the letter to be written.

What I mean is that when you have income from within Thailand, immigration wants the tax documents to see if you have paid your taxes over the income. Whether you have a statement from your embassy or not.

What I mean is that when you have income from within Thailand, immigration wants the tax documents to see if you have paid your taxes over the income. Whether you have a statement from your embassy or not.

Yes that maybe true, but if the letter of Income does not state from where you get your income, then Immigration cannot ask for tax receipts.

I have retired early and any money i earn in the uk is taxed at source,even though i only spend 2 weeks a tax year in the UK.Just received my tax form yesterday from Liverpool so i am not breaking any laws as some suggest.The bond is in Hong Kong thru Royal Skandia and handled by a broker in Bangkok and is not taxable here or the UK.When i need funds i just draw gbp/dollar,have it transfered to UK or Thailand and spend the stuff,but at the moment i have sufficient funds to keep me going for another 1.5 years,so hopefuly i can draw out the profits,if not tough poo poo.

The funds were from my mortgage free house,and a few other things,and is not taxaable due to this being my only house,and you are allowed to keep these funds so you can purchase another house,but i already have a house here so dont need 2.

If you are working legally you can show immigration your tax pament receipts (PNR1) for the previous 3 months and your work permit. You do not need a letter from your embassy.

Working while on a retirement extension? It is generally accepted by the Forum that you can no longer get a work permit while retired. Has there been a change in policy, again.