Dying At Home In Chiang Mai

TRAZ57

Thank you very much, TRAZ57, for your informative and helpful post.

Agreed, thank you TRAZ57.

Mods, can TRAZ57's post be pinned, I'm sure it will be useful to others in the future.

JxP

Absolutely.

Thank you for taking the trouble to post this.

• Like 1

I am going to pin this topic & if the op doesn't mind amend the subtitle to "Information on what to do for next of kin"

I am just learning how to work this forum so I hope this is the correct way to respond.

Of course, please change the subtitle if that will make the information more accessible. My friend who passed away was big into getting information out. She wrote several books over the years that were quite useful so this is all in her name.

"For your information : I had no trouble whatsoever getting Fentanyl transdermal (skin) patches during the intensely painful period following radiation therapy which lasted about six weeks.

I hope this information will be useful to you, or someone else here on TV." orang37

Thank you. I wish that we had known of this medication. I am sure that someone will benefit from your post, especially your recommendations for an oncology doctor and the cancer clinic. (Can my friend have a "do over"?) Best wishes with your health. T57

Edited by TRAZ57
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

One of my friends died here and I volunteered to help the embassy, police, hospital etc.

Initially I called the persons mother, because I felt it would be best if I spoke to her to break the bad news (worst thing I have ever had to do), but I didnt like the idea of the local police or hospital doing things as I feel Thais arent exactly tactful or compassionate.

I ended up getting roped into do all kinds of favors for the embassy, found myself working as a translator for the mortuary, organising death certificate, and basically ended up doing all the duties the embassy are paid to do.

If your friend dies, best to remove any valuables from their home if you can - so the police don't "take them" - you can send this back to their family. Basically don't get involved at all its a nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Very informative post. Thank you.

I've wondered of the full process for a while and have only been able to find pieces of the puzzle.

I have an English friend who died recently, and one of us also had to visit immigration to get his visa/stay cancelled.

There was an 'implication' that the deceaseds' overstay fine would pass to the next of kin.

Did they actually pass it on?

• 5 months later...

this explains alot as my girl friend is away to the temple today with her friend as her grand mother had passed a short time ago and she was speaking about bones. and being the idle farang assumed the bone was ashes. this clears up alot.

thanks for taking the time to post

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

A much belated thank you for that TP. While it , no doubt, is one of the more important threads on the forum, it is not one to which I tend to visit very often. Just the topic I guess. But is there any further information on the passing of Ajarn, or is it posted in the Page of Remembrance thread. I try and not visit that one too often also, fearful maybe, of seeing my own name.

• 3 months later...