Four Elephants

devildog683

My wife informed me that when you say the thai words for "4 elephants" you are implying you like to "make love with elephant" :o .  Has anyone heard of this before?

see chang? (sp?)

I would guess this is a slang or dialect expression for "make love" - I have never heard of it before (which of course doesn't mean it doesn't exist...).

Also, "4 elephants" in Thai is not 'sii chaang', it is 'chaang sii cheuak/sii tua'.

Thai uses a type of word called classifiers when counting objects, and these need to be included in a statement like "5 glasses", which is "gaeow haa bai" (glass five [classifier]), not "haa gaeow". But if you order 5 glasses of beer (or water, lemon juice or whatever drink), it is "bia haa gaeow" (beer five glass).

Confused yet? :D

My wife informed me that when you say the thai words for "4 elephants" you are implying you like to "make love with elephant" :o .  Has anyone heard of this before?

see chang? (sp?)

I don't remember the exact phrase, but I'm told this is a slang phrase used sort of the same context as SoB or M-F-er, but in Thai has a much more negative connotation. It basically means the elephant can do it with one's mother, implying that one's mother is such a loose woman that even an elephant could get his thingie in there. It is so impolite and antagonizing, that is not something that should be said in any company.

Sweedish is correct - the correct classifier for elephant is actually เชือก. As with many classifiers, however, one can always use the generic animal classifier ตัว if the correct classifier doesn't come to mind.

Cheers,

Bob

Edited by Bobcat

see chang? (sp?)

I don't remember the exact phrase, but I'm told this is a slang phrase used sort of the same context as SoB or M-F-er, but in Thai has a much more negative connotation. It basically means the elephant can do it with one's mother, implying that one's mother is such a loose woman that even an elephant could get his thingie in there. It is so impolite and antagonizing, that is not something that should be said in any company.

I like it Spee, I'm English not American and I didn't know there were words with more negative connotations than M-F-er ! I've been away so long I'm out of touch, next time the embassy officials keep me waiting I'll give it a try, should speed something up!

bannork.

meadish_sweetball Posted Today, 2005-02-08 09:36:55

Also, "4 elephants" in Thai is not 'sii chaang', it is 'chaang sii cheuak/sii tua'.

Sweedish is correct - the correct classifier for elephant is actually เชือก.  As with many classifiers, however, one can always use the generic animal classifier ตัว if the correct classifier doesn't come to mind.

Cheers,

Bob

Meadish is correct in more than one way,"Pussycat tua lek"! :o

The classifier เชือก "cheu-ak" is used for tame elephants bound with rope,hence เชือก "cheu-ak"=rope....and โขลง "klong" is a herd of wild elephants. :D

Check out more Thai classifiers here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14500

Snowleopard

My wife informed me that when you say the thai words for "4 elephants" you are implying you like to "make love with elephant" :D .  Has anyone heard of this before?

see chang? (sp?)

Its Issan slang often used in the expression...........kin,kee,see,norn........eat,sh!t,<deleted>,sleep...........in other words someone who is a lazy good for nothing. :o