Tutoring And Work Permit

I have no doubt I could do a lot of tutoring in the math and science areas. But does one need a work permit? Would a teaching permit to a school count towards that? I have heard most people say the the work permit is technically very specific and appllies only to the school you are working at.

So, is there an easy or best way to tutor? Is tutoring without a permit much of a problem, especially if one is actually a teacher at a school? Can or should one get a Tutoring work permit?

Thanks in advance.

I have no doubt I could do a lot of tutoring in the math and science areas. But does one need a work permit? Would a teaching permit to a school count towards that? I have heard most people say the the work permit is technically very specific and appllies only to the school you are working at.

So, is there an easy or best way to tutor? Is tutoring without a permit much of a problem, especially if one is actually a teacher at a school? Can or should one get a Tutoring work permit?

Thanks in advance.

You need a work permit to do work at a particular place of business, or address of school. Your employer may have two addresses he can put on your permit. You are legally allowed to work only at the addresses on your work permit. There is no such thing as a tutoring work permit. Nothing to do with working at a school!

Edited by crocodile1

Thanks in advance.

You need a work permit to do work at a particular place of business, or address of school. Your employer may have two addresses he can put on your permit. You are legally allowed to work only at the addresses on your work permit. There is no such thing as a tutoring work permit. Nothing to do with working at a school!

Yes, I know that is the official and legal answer. Now tell me, what do any of you people that Tutor do? Do you have a special work permit just for that? Do you do it all under the table? I see the ads in the paper and on the bulleting boards over there, and of course people do tutor. So how do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I know that is the official and legal answer. Now tell me, what do any of you people that Tutor do? Do you have a special work permit just for that? Do you do it all under the table? I see the ads in the paper and on the bulleting boards over there, and of course people do tutor. So how do you do it?

There is no such thing as a tutoring work permit.

The Thai's do not have the legal concept of self employed.

You do it legally by setting up your own company as a consultancy. You then get a work permit to work for that company. All very expensive in overheads, but Sunbelt Asia will advise you. And then it's ok!

Or you do it illegally by ignoring all the paperwork. That is also ok until you are snitched up by someone. Then it is not ok!

Thanks. I got the lay of the land. I appreciate the response from that fellow about forming a company over there. However, all a bit more paperwork than I would prefer, but I will look into it. Also, as one person said, and as many no doubt do, people on Work Permits of course are tutoring. It would be almost expected. It is a shame there is no easy and simple way to get a permit for that.

Thank you all for the responses.