Where To Buy Office Chair In Bangkok?

thaitanic

Anyone know a good place to buy an office chair in Bangkok? I want one with wheels, fabric-covered, not with a high back. Seen rubbish ones in Homepro, Big C etc. but want something better as I'm sat at this computer for many hours a day. Thanks!

Anyone know a good place to buy an office chair in Bangkok? I want one with wheels, fabric-covered, not with a high back. Seen rubbish ones in Homepro, Big C etc. but want something better as I'm sat at this computer for many hours a day. Thanks!

Try Central World Plaza in Pratunam. On 4th? floor there are a lot of furniture stores, many of which specialize in office furniture. Very good selection of office chairs, all styles and price ranges.

Their is a furniture store called Modern Forum that sells very good office and home furnishings. They have outlets in some of the big malls and a huge store not far from Siri Center. Maybe another poster can help with better directions.

There is a great place down on Ratchada Rd.

I have not lived in Thailand for a while now, but I think that the name is Rockport. The office I worked for actually ended up buying the Hermin Miller chairs. We bought like 15 or 20 and ended up getting them for about $ 600.00 US (about the same price you would pay in the States). I think that the retail price is like $ 1000.00 US.

Thanks for the help.

I took a trip to Central World. The furniture shops are on the 5th floor. Most of the chairs were above my budget. Most were about 10,000 - 20,000 baht and ranged up to 65,000 baht. "Perfect Match" had a pretty nice chair for about 2,500 baht, but a touch small for a big bloke like me and only to order and not available for a week. I then found a shop called "Access" which seems to be a division of S.B. Furniture. They had a pretty good chair for about 4,500 baht, not unlike a Steelcase chair I used and loved years ago. Then they told me they had an ex-display one of the same at 1,950 baht. I'm sitting on it now and it rocks (both literally and metaphorically... the whole thing rocks back... great for a mini-break without leaving the chair. It can be locked upright too and gives reasonable lumbar support).

I also read on another thread that there are some small Chinese-owned shops heading west along Rama 1 from MBK, but I didn't need to get that far as I got fixed up at Central World.

Cheers

There is a great place down on Ratchada Rd.

I have not lived in Thailand for a while now, but I think that the name is Rockport. The office I worked for actually ended up buying the Hermin Miller chairs. We bought like 15 or 20 and ended up getting them for about $ 600.00 US (about the same price you would pay in the States). I think that the retail price is like $ 1000.00 US.

Hermin Miller has a retail outlet in Bangkok at Nai Lert Park. A great range of office chairs targeted at the high end.

Edited by mark5335

Hi thaitanic

If you are interested in the Herman Miller Eames office chairs, I supply the entire range here in Thailand. We have low back, high back, with wheels, without wheels, leather, mesh and so on. I currently only show a couple of examples on my website, but if your interested, I can email you our whole range.

www.nathanrhodesdesign.com

:)

I did not want rubbish chair and got myself a very good one. True, it was 1,400US$ but I spend in it more time than in bed and dining combined.

It came in a box bigger than itself, no assembling. Lifetime warranty. Aeron by Herman Miller.

It's see through, perfect for warm climate or airconditioned environment.

post-7277-1243572294_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1243572314_thumb.jpg

Edited by think_too_mut

I've outfitted my office in Rockworth and am very happy. I sit in the chair for hours and find it comfortable. In Central World on Rama I they have a showroom with a bunch of other companies. I've been getting email from them that they are having a sale on their office chairs at about 30% off. Also here and there the different companies will have things on sale.

http://www.rockworth.com

• 3 months later...
I took a trip to Central World. The furniture shops are on the 5th floor. Most of the chairs were above my budget. Most were about 10,000 - 20,000 baht and ranged up to 65,000 baht. "Perfect Match" had a pretty nice chair for about 2,500 baht, but a touch small for a big bloke like me and only to order and not available for a week. I then found a shop called "Access" which seems to be a division of S.B. Furniture. They had a pretty good chair for about 4,500 baht, not unlike a Steelcase chair I used and loved years ago. Then they told me they had an ex-display one of the same at 1,950 baht. I'm sitting on it now and it rocks (both literally and metaphorically... the whole thing rocks back... great for a mini-break without leaving the chair. It can be locked upright too and gives reasonable lumbar support).

Well, after 3 months the gas cylinder has started leaking very slightly so the chair very gradually sinks over time. Also the whole thing is lower now and I think this may be because the base is made of plastic, not metal, and is very slowly distorting under my weight (despite being a very chunky moulding). In other words it's turned out to be a P.O.S..

I took the chair back to Access and they told me there is no warranty because of the big discount (they did not say this at the time of purchase and there is nothing on my invoice to this effect). They can repair the chair for 1500 baht but I would be without it for a good while. I threw a hissy fit and stormed out of the shop. Do not buy furniture from these cowboys.

I will probably try and repair this myself, but in the meantime I took another look in "Perfect Office Furniture" across the way in Central World level 5 and they now have a new model called "yes". The version without the headrest (the headrest on the other model is way too low for a bloke like me) is 3,745 baht. Very comfortable and with a mesh back and steel base. I did a lot of looking around many shops there 3 months ago and this model seems like the best value to me. The smaller version at about 2,500 baht is there too. This might be just the chair to sit in and dream about a 60k baht chair budget. They are made to order and the waiting time is 15 days.

Edited by thaitanic

• 3 weeks later...

'Perfect Furniture' have pretty good range, with 2 shops in bangkok - 1 on the 5th flr at MBK, and another on 4th/5th flr ( I think) at Central World Plaza. Much cheaper than Modernform or Rockworth, I thought.

I bought one of the Eames Aluminium Group reproductions for around 7000 bht and it's not bad.

• 4 weeks later...
'Perfect Furniture' have pretty good range, with 2 shops in bangkok - 1 on the 5th flr at MBK, and another on 4th/5th flr ( I think) at Central World Plaza. Much cheaper than Modernform or Rockworth, I thought.

I bought one of the Eames Aluminium Group reproductions for around 7000 bht and it's not bad.

I bought a chair from perfect furniture, waited two weeks for it to get delivered, and it broke the very first day I had it. Aerons are awesome chairs that will last forever, be very comfortable, and will be great for your body. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a good computer chair if you spend a good amount of time in them. Computer chairs, beds, and shoes are all things that you should be willing to spend extra on and get high quality, you spend a lot of time in these objects, and better ones will be better for your health. Your overall comfort will be higher as well.

Find a furniture store that will make a custom chair. I bought mine at The Mall, Ngam Wong Wan for about 8,000 Baht and have been using it for three years without any complaint. If you go there, look on the fifth floor. Sorry I don't remember the name of the shop but there are many similar places..

Thanks for the help.

I also read on another thread that there are some small Chinese-owned shops heading west along Rama 1 from MBK, but I didn't need to get that far as I got fixed up at Central World.

Cheers

Your last paragraph would have been the place - a fair few shops next to each other selling, just, office chairs. Same as the department stores but very much cheaper...

As some people have already found, "Perfect" office sucks. Their people have no idea what quality means.

The wife and I bough an L-desk, office chair, couch and chair set from them.

She called again to get her office chair fixed, the drawers were installed crooked so its real fiddly to open.

The wife is real pissed off about P.O. She can't stand crap.

The couch and chair set at home are comfy, but the skai leather is peeling already on the chair cushion. Called to have it replaced, which they did. Fixed the office chair, too. No charge. The people at the head office know here name and voice now are likely scraed shitless. She even manages to scare traffic cops. :)

We will NEVER buy from perfectly crap office again.

• 9 years later...
On 7/17/2019 at 4:53 PM, Jackchen said:

I bought a chair at Amazon yesterday. I am very dissatisfied. Where can I buy a comfortable office chair?

Ten year old thread, though many of the recommendations are still valid. Office depot has a selection, easy to wander in and try a few out without being pressured. Often have some decent discounts. 

Saw an earlier post about a leaking office chair hydraulic cylinder. You can buy new cylinders on Lazada. Knock the old one out, put the new one in. Typically all  standard office chairs come with a short or medium cylinder in Thailand.  You can order a long one. The cylinder on my chair from homepro went in 9 months. The taller replacement has worked for 4 years and I'd tower over the minions if I had any.