Samsung Series 8 Lcd Tv

namoo

Trying to find the new Samsung Series 8 LCD TV in Bangkok.

Powermall emporium only has Series 6 and 7... :)

Anyone seen them on display/in stock in a BKK showroom?

Edited by namoo

Goto Sinsiam electronics on Silom, I got a 55" series 8 Samsung LED TV from them last week. They did a very good deal, 30'000 off the RRP & threw in a 50'000 7.1 home theater for an extra 10k. They had the new series 8 LCD's on display also.

They have a website if you do a google, you'll get much better deals if you go into the shop though.

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I just got the Samsung Highlight with T-Mobile. I really like it and am looking for gps software. I had TeleNav (att nav) on my previous phone and heard that they just released it for my phone on T-Mobile (telenav.com/blog/2009/07/telenav-gps-navigator-now-available-on-the-t-mobile-samsung-highlight/). Anybody have T-Mobile with different gps software? If yes, how do you like it? Also, anybody else have the Samsung Highlight?

Been wanting to upgrade my 40" LCD Sony for a while now and been checking online all week what to replace it with

Main reason to upgrade is my son and me like to play split screen co-op games and with only a 40" I have trouble seeing my side of the screen. The extra room of the 55" should be just right.

After a fair bit of deliberation (checking various online review sites etc) I decided on the Samsung 55" Series 8 LED TV. Only bad thing I'd heard was the viewing angle was not as good as others but my main viewing room is long and narrow so that is not an issue for me

Went to the main Samsung Store in Siam Paragon and bought it yesterday and it will be delivered around 2pm today

Went LED not LCD as weight is an issue - 55" LCD would likely break my table (too lazy to wall mount it) and the 55" LED's weight around the same as the 40" Sony LCD.

Also the LED runs MUCH cooler (and uses much less electricity). When playing games on the Sony LCD and sitting within 6ft of the TV I do notice the heat the Sony gives off (room is long and narrow and the aircon is at the back of the room)

It's got 4 HDMIs which I need now that I have my 360 Elite and I can finally hook my 2nd PC DVI to one of the HDMI's and view 1080p rips (my Sony would only take 720p from PC as it's an old 40")

Curious to see if the 200Mhz refresh rate will make any difference to blu rays, HD rips, PS3 and 360 games. Guess I'll find out soon.

We got the Series 8 LED 55" from Robinson in Chiang Mai... they didn't have it instock but it took them only 2 days.

Very good deal though. I had the Citibank deal that gives 12% discount with 25% further discount from buying another Samsung product before + 2% extra discount from THE ONE CARD.

It's got 4 HDMIs which I need now that I have my 360 Elite and I can finally hook my 2nd PC DVI to one of the HDMI's and view 1080p rips (my Sony would only take 720p from PC as it's an old 40")

Curious to see if the 200Mhz refresh rate will make any difference to blu rays, HD rips, PS3 and 360 games. Guess I'll find out soon.

checkout PS3mediaserver, you'll need a gigbit switch for 1080p movies though.. :)

checkout PS3mediaserver, you'll need a gigbit switch for 1080p movies though.. :)

Nope 1080p movies generally top out around 12-13 mbps if they've been compressed. I use Tversity and watch all my 1080p HD rips on my PS3's only.

Nope 1080p movies generally top out around 12-13 mbps if they've been compressed. I use Tversity and watch all my 1080p HD rips on my PS3's only.

If your using TVersity they are not proper HD .mkv rips? The proper HD 1080p rip's are +8GB .mkv files?

If your using TVersity they are not proper HD .mkv rips? The proper HD 1080p rip's are +8GB .mkv files?

Depends on the rip, Some of my mkv films are only 3-4 Gb or so, the rest are as you say around 8Gb or so.

TVersity is fine with 1080p mkv, your PC just has to be fast enough to transcode at that resolution on the fly.

So what do you think is causing my playstation to report a bitrate of around 50mbits in some 1080p 8gb films?

I'm not sure, 50mbps on a 2 hour movie would be a 45Gb film (if my maths is correct).

• 2 weeks later...