Ratchaburi

ProfessorFart

I've been offered some work in Ratchaburi on a long term contract which has really tickled my fancy. I've been there a few times just for short stays and found it a nice enough place which is why my fancy has been tickled!

My questions are;

Is there a Lotus/Big C etc there?

How liveable is the city in general?

Is it easy to get around?

I'm not too bothered about night life as BKK is only 60 mins away and Hua Hin/Cha Am only 90 mins away and I quite like the Thai scene but info on any farang style bars wouldn't go amiss either.

There's a Big C around Pak Tho district on the R4 main road. Not sure how far south of Ratchaburi it is though.

Try searching for branches on Carrefours website.

Also these should list their branches too.

www.bigc.co.th

www.tescolotus.com

John, the work is teaching work. I've always fancied trying it if the job and terms were right and this seems perfect so I may well go for it.

Gazza, There is a Lotus there which is fine. After a busy day its nicer to be able to get everything under one roof than having to trawl through a market.

Cheers fellas!

Edited by ProfessorFart

• 3 weeks later...
My questions are;

Is there a Lotus/Big C etc there?

Tesco Lotus  is slap-bang in the city centre.

Robinsons has a Tops supermarket and a Boots drugstore in the basement. Its about 2km from Tesco.

How liveable is the city in general?

Quite. cost of living is very good - rental accommodation don't know.

Is it easy to get around?

Song taows ply most main routes within the city. 5 baht flat fare.

Longer distances by song taow, air con bus, or 'orange' bus.

Trishaws also available for more leisurely /time consuming journeys.

City is flat, and reasonably cyclist friendly.

I live in Photharam - 15km from Rat'buri. Do most of our shopping in Rat'buri - and all changwat business such as driving licence, car licence etc.

• 4 weeks later...
John, the work is teaching work. I've always fancied  trying it if the job and terms were right and this seems perfect so I may well go for it.

Gazza, There is a Lotus there which is fine. After a busy day its nicer to be able to get everything under one roof than having to trawl through a market.

Cheers fellas!

Dont get taken in by this idiot guys, teach? another illegal activity.

Must be running out of money.

More likely another subject to blab as he has no life except the cyberspace one.

One night out a week and he thinks he is a social climber. In Cha Am as well, where all the losers live.

I am here now bored out of my skull.

:o:D:D

CHECK HIS OTHER STUPID STORIES, ALL BULL, A BUS JOCKEY

Edited by lostsoul

Steve, stick to trying to find a new ladyboy to move into the shed with you (hope you've managed to fix the place up after the last one trashed it)

You seem to be confusing me with ****** (the one who hammered you and you then subsequently grassed up to the law - remember?) but I can assure you I'm not that person.

I'll introduce myself when next I visit Cha Am (in May) and see your fat bald head.

Steve, stick to trying to find a new ladyboy to move into the shed with you (hope you've managed to fix the place up after the last one trashed it)

You seem to be confusing me with ****** (the one who hammered you and you then subsequently grassed up to the law - remember?) but I can assure you I'm not that person.

I'll introduce myself when next I visit Cha Am (in May) and see your fat bald head.

Cha Am, shows what a sad little git you are, hows the tatooed thing???

Only one confused person here, stick to the interspace where you can pretend you have a life.

Ladyboys?shed?hammered? your fantasie's.

Your poor wife, how sad.

Lostsoul is a return troll jealous of those who don't live in a shed with Fred!

dont mean to butt in , does lost soul need some help , a ticket out of cha am ,he never has a good word for anyone, sad case really must be a Newcastle supporter :D nignoy

Or maybe he voted for John Kerry! :o

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Could somebody pulleeeeese tell me if there are some decent schools in Ratchaburi? I have a 4-yr old, soon to turn 5, and I need to find a school for him, because we're planning to move there soon.

I started a new topic about this but got no reply :o . Any kind soul out there?

• 1 month later...

I had this discussion with a doctor friend once...

I asked him why there are so many people out there who are always putting others down?

his reply.. they are either neurotic or psycho.

a neurotic person is someone who goes out of his way to put down others because they enjoy it. neurotic people know that they are hurting other people when they do this.

a psycho is someone who is neurotic but doesn't know it. in other words, they hurt other people without knowing that they are doing this.

..both need to go see mental doctors. they are mentally sick.

god. wouldn't it be great if everyone wished everyone else the best?

guess what a neurotic or a psycho would say in answer to this question?

Hey guys! Could somebody pulleeeeese tell me if there are some decent schools in Ratchaburi? I have a 4-yr old, soon to turn 5, and I need to find a school for him, because we're planning to move there soon.

I started a new topic about this but got no reply  :o . Any kind soul out there?

I don't know.

haha

What point are you trying to make ?

no point.

with all the pushing and shoving going on, I thought maybe it would be nice if somehow I could get people to sit back and reflect on their actions.

thinking does that. that is, make people reflect on things.

• 1 month later...

I have been living here, in Ratchaburi for over a year and love the city - we have Tesco, Robinson (Tops, Boots), Big C is comming - this is what my friends told me. Anyway is very close to Nakhon Pathom - 50 km - Big C, Tesco, Macro. Very close to shopping malls in Bangkok - just 1.5 hours. And cost of living here is much lower than in Bangkok.

Also check ajarn.com and their regional quide.

I started a new topic about this but got no reply  :o . Any kind soul out there?

Anuban Ratchaburi - as far as i know they have EP (english programm).