Any Way To Check If A Thai Girl Is Married?

asianbravo

Hi all ,

I hope someone can help me , I am here in Australia and I live with my Thai spouse and we are getting to the point where marriage is on the cards but I have recently come across a letter written in Thai that

is recent and is written by my spouse to her darling husband . As you can imagine I feel like a fool that this women has used me to get a visa in Australia and I would like to end the relationship if in fact she is married to someone in Thailand. Now my question is , how do I go about confirming if my Thai spouse is married still , is there some sort of Registra search engine that I can use on the internet to find out ? or would I have to go to the Thai embassy here in Australia and request such information (for a large fee no doubt).

Hope someone can help me out on this so that I can kick her out and move on with my life.

David .

I am assuming you are talking about legal marriage, carried out at the Amphur office.

Remember many Thais only go through the ceremonial part with the monks, and that does NOT

constitute a legal marriage.

I am merging this topic with another similar one.

Often a husband is not a legal spouse here as the official registration is never made. It is up to her and him if they consider themselves married. Her passport say Miss or Mrs?

My understanding is that a wife can keep her maiden name and the title Miss should she choose to do so. Of course, I could be wrong... but if so, the designation Miss wouldn't mean a whole lot.

Hi all ,

I hope someone can help me , I am here in Australia and I live with my Thai spouse and we are getting to the point where marriage is on the cards but I have recently come across a letter written in Thai that

is recent and is written by my spouse to her darling husband . As you can imagine I feel like a fool that this women has used me to get a visa in Australia and I would like to end the relationship if in fact she is married to someone in Thailand. Now my question is , how do I go about confirming if my Thai spouse is married still , is there some sort of Registra search engine that I can use on the internet to find out ? or would I have to go to the Thai embassy here in Australia and request such information (for a large fee no doubt).

Hope someone can help me out on this so that I can kick her out and move on with my life.

David .

HEY.... what is there to check out?? what do you need a kick in the groin too? you have her thoughts in writting!! kick to curb, find another ,Thailand has many ! "Darling husband" tells you her story. Remember 99% village Thais do not register marrage they justs do the monk thing at their homes with the string around the wrist.. done ,married . most villgaers do not register!

do not feel a fool you are not the first and not the last and half the Thai girls have Thai husbands ,lovers ,boyfriends at least one if not several!

Hi all ,

David .

If this woman is your spouse, that means you are already married, no? or do you mean she's your partner? If she obtained a visa, this will have been granted depending upon her stated intentions; if she's visiting, she can't just decide to pop the question; to marry you in Australia she would need to have applied for an Australian Partner Visa or a Prospective Marriage Visa. If she did, you should be assured by the Australian embassy checks that she isn't legally married. It's true, many Thais never legally register their marriage.

If she is married legally, it will be clearly stated in her passport and also her Thai ID card - look for the Thai characters นาง which mean Mrs. before her name.

ASH HER :D If you are doubting your woman now or think she is lying then bail out and find one you can trust. :)

My thoughts exactly..she's either married or a Spinster.A woman can get an affidavit verifying she is a spinster(not my term,this is the official term for an unmarried lady in Thailand)

Hi all ,

David .

Save that letter, take her to court, you might just win your case and be free of this Cheating woman, Good luck. Doubt if you are going to get much help at the Thai Embassy, but it would be worth a try just for shits and grin. You might fair better bring her back to Thailand, nice and smooth like and get more evidence of her and her lover and than off to court with a super sharp low cost Thai lawyer on your side. :):D:D

Hi all ,

David .

Thanks to everyone for all the great information .

I am in a de-facto relationship with this women and we are now going through the final process of her becoming a Permnent Resident here in Australia , so I still have about a month away before a decision is granted in her favour , therefore I would like to phone up the immigration department and tell them that I don't wish to go ahead with getting her the residency but I really want to be sure first.

I see from some of the responses that having Miss on a passport or ID card may not mean that she is not married and that she could have just done the monk thing, but overall I would like to do a search with the correct department to see if she has a marriage noted down with the Registra . I would ideally like to find a website that will allow me to do a search online to get this information .

As for the whole experience it has not been easy with a thai women but overall it is alot better then being with a western women , I think the best way to be is just have fun with thai women and no commitment .

David

Is there a ministry department or though online methods you can check a particular Thai girl is married ?

YES!

Fell free to PM for further investigation(S)...

Please can you tell me more about the ministry department or other method to find out if a thai women is married.

Thanks

David

P.S Please share (information is power)

Is there a ministry department or though online methods you can check a particular Thai girl is married ?

YES!

Please tell us more about how to find out is a thai girl is married via online methods.

Cheers

David

The designation on her ID card will tell you.

Nangsao, means Mrs - married.

post-7384-1243688490.jpg

Not right says my wife, นาง this is Mrs.

My Wife agrees. Nangsao= Not Married.

A Thai ID card from date of issue runs for 6 years until it’s expiry date.

If the person was single on the first card, she can follow this through on all consecutive cards if she does not inform them at the Amphur office that she is married as no one does any checks.

It is up to the ID card holder to submit details of marriage when renewing the card, not an automatic process completed by the Amphur to obtain a marriage certificate.

Same with Thai passports, the holder by law (female) should disclosed new married surname, but again, no one checks if she fails to do so.

15 years ago when Thai law imposed a rule that Thai women married to Farangs could not purchase real estate in Thailand, my English friend’s Thai wife kept her maiden name on her ID card and passport for years after marriage, so they were able to purchase land in Thailand. No questions asked.

Often a husband is not a legal spouse here as the official registration is never made. It is up to her and him if they consider themselves married. Her passport say Miss or Mrs?

My understanding is that a wife can keep her maiden name and the title Miss should she choose to do so. Of course, I could be wrong... but if so, the designation Miss wouldn't mean a whole lot.

This is also my understanding. My wife still has the same ID card since before we were married, and has not officially changed her last name.

... but to the OP...does it really matter if she is officially "married" or not...if she's writing letter to her "darling husband"...you have a problem either way.

• Like 1

YES!

Do not trust this person, it`s someone looking for an earner.

TO ozdavid:

OK, if you look below my Avatar it says, intelligent member. This is not there for nothing and now I am going to take time and give you some good advice, hope you listen.

What to do first:

Confront your girlfriend with the letter and demand to know all the facts, plus details of this guy to your satisfaction. Ask her everything that you wish to know and what’s on your mind. Insist on some proof if possible.

Keep this letter in a safe place and do not let her gain possession of it, otherwise you will find that the letter will conveniently be lost. This document is Exhibit A, so to speak.

Second:

There is no easy way in Thailand to discover whether a person is legally married or not. Best way is to send a Thai person to the Amphur office and offer an undercounter payment. This will achieve a positive result, or use a Thai lawyer, but this method may be an expensive enquiry and no guarantee that the lawyer will not rip you off.

The facts:

I believe that the law in Australia (is the same as in the UK) a girlfriend, if you and her are cohabiting together can claim rights to your assets as a common law wife.

So if you have doubts of whether her intentions to you are honourable, whether she is married or not, than whatever happens, do not assist her in obtaining a permanent residency in Australia, otherwise she could be taking you to the cleaners later on.

The girl may seem naive, but they soon meet other Thais living in Australia who know the system and will support and advise your girlfriend on the best ways to use the legal system in Australia to obtain your assets.

They are not intelligent, but more so, cunning, as sharp as shit house rats, streetwise. Similar to my wife’s Thai friends living in London.

Now it is up to ozdavid. He can read the above and now knows what needs to be done and the possible consequences if he doesn’t.

The following is a story told to me by a friend of his experiences in London during the 1980s:

For a while my Thai wife worked at a patisserie in London owned by a Swiss who mainly employed young Thai female staff. He always gave the best looking girls an option to live in his many apartments free of charge.

In time I discovered that most of my wife's Thai friends were able to remain and work in England indefinitely because they had paid a standard fee of £2000 to £3000 to an underground Thai agency with farang partners operating in the UK for arranged marriages of convenience. After 2 years the girls applied for a quickie divorce. All they had to do was get the so-called husband to sign and agree and that was it. If the girl lost contact with the marriage partner, she just got someone else to forge a signature on the divorce agreement.

The scam worked like this:

The agency would arrange for the Thai girl to enter England mainly London as a student of English language at specially chosen English language schools around London. The girl paid the agency £3000. This included the agency fee, airfare and 1 year school fee. Once in the UK on a 1-year student visa, the girl worked at specially selected work places as cheap labour and the school created bogus records that she was in attendance learning English language.

Before the 1 year visa was up, the agency would arrange a marriage of convenience to a British subject for another fee of between 2 to 3 thousand pounds. After 2 years a quickie divorce and she could stay in the UK forever.

Once established in Britain many Thai girls gained connections with corrupt home office and council officials who were then given council accommodation in prime London locations, such as Covent Garden and able to claim social security benefits, while working cash in hand. With the government's right to buy scheme, they could later purchase the council property at a bargain price, raking in huge profits. Some moved on to becoming front owners of Thai restaurants, enabling them to bring over more Thais as employees with work permits. Once in, these girls could be used for any purpose.

At the time these girls were always on the look out for mugs to marry them as a favour so as to give permanent residence in Britain. Some guys fell for the con and many lost everything when their wife`s left them.

These scammers were reported, but the metropolitan police gave this low priority and only very few were ever deported.

I know now of Thai women living in London, who would prefer to return to Thailand, but have young children, living in council accommodation, on social security benefits and stay in Britain for this reason.

At the time I was appalled by this, my wife and I worked our guts out to achieve what we have now. I wanted to report these people, but knowing who was involved, including drug dealers, pimps and corrupt officials, I was worried about repercussions and thought it best to stay out of it.

Edited by sassienie

Just get the letter translated and after that ask her what the letter is all about. Then you will know if she plays games with you. I would not rely on this Ms. / Mrs. title at all. Don't sweet talk yourself into this... Get rid of her before its too late.

This is also my understanding. My wife still has the same ID card since before we were married, and has not officially changed her last name.

... but to the OP...does it really matter if she is officially "married" or not...if she's writing letter to her "darling husband"...you have a problem either way.

That has to be the point you look at. It is in the wording itself. 'Darling Husband'. These cannot be seen as anything but what they are written as. This has to tell you she loves her husband and that whatever she is doing is related to that.

A legal husband or not, she still refers to him as he 'Darling Husband' so why do you feel the need to check on the marriage? Those two words would make me feel conned and want her out of my life as quickly as possible.

YES!

Please tell us more about how to find out is a thai girl is married via online methods.

Cheers

David

I assume you have not asked her DIRECTLY if she is already married. I can understand why you would be reluctant to do so. Do you otherwise get along well with her ? I would try to talk to her about it if you can find a way to broach the subject. For example..photocopy the letter , hide it, and show her the original copy , don't get mad, just say you want to talk about this. Your calm manner may disarm her and cause her to come clean. Good luck and try to stay on an even keel emotionally.

The designation on her ID card will tell you.

Nangsao, means Mrs - married.

post-7384-1243688490.jpg

Not right says my wife, นาง this is Mrs.

My Wife agrees. Nangsao= Not Married.

A Thai ID card from date of issue runs for 6 years until it's expiry date.

If the person was single on the first card, she can follow this through on all consecutive cards if she does not inform them at the Amphur office that she is married as no one does any checks.

It is up to the ID card holder to submit details of marriage when renewing the card, not an automatic process completed by the Amphur to obtain a marriage certificate.

Same with Thai passports, the holder by law (female) should disclosed new married surname, but again, no one checks if she fails to do so.

15 years ago when Thai law imposed a rule that Thai women married to Farangs could not purchase real estate in Thailand, my English friend's Thai wife kept her maiden name on her ID card and passport for years after marriage, so they were able to purchase land in Thailand. No questions asked.

..and some have 2 ID cards..jing jing

Maybe you could look at her tambian baan.

If both the name of the husband/former husband is on hers then it might be a good indication that she is still married to him.

However, maybe for reasons of convenience both names are listed although I cannot think of any reasons why this would be if they are divorced.

Another point to keep in mind is under Australian law if she claims abuse from you successfully she will get permenant residency etc anyway. Not suggesting this is the case but just to cover yourself.

Hi all ,

David .

I am in a de-facto relationship with this women and we are now going through the final process of her becoming a Permnent Resident here in Australia , so I still have about a month away before a decision is granted in her favour , therefore I would like to phone up the immigration department and tell them that I don't wish to go ahead with getting her the residency but I really want to be sure first.

I see from some of the responses that having Miss on a passport or ID card may not mean that she is not married and that she could have just done the monk thing, but overall I would like to do a search with the correct department to see if she has a marriage noted down with the Registra . I would ideally like to find a website that will allow me to do a search online to get this information .

As for the whole experience it has not been easy with a thai women but overall it is alot better then being with a western women , I think the best way to be is just have fun with thai women and no commitment .

David

I posted what I thought was a reasonable reply to what looked like a dilemma for you but then noted your final comment which I find a little repugnant - so therefore have deleted my earlier comments.

Edited by Artisi

Hi all ,

David .

David

I posted what I thought was a reasonable reply to what looked like a dilemma for you but then noted your final comment which I find a little repugnant - so therefore have deleted my earlier comments.

HI Artisi ,

can you please clarify what you found so repugnant about my last comment, I don't mean to offend anyone it is just my opinion due to experiences with western women and thai women .

David