Mini Survey : Did You Marry A Thai Bar Girl ? Why?

cognos

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have - I think your belief that bar girls with farangs are less attractive than normal girls is one of the most ridiculous statements I have seen in a long time.

I didn't say anything bad about those bargirls.

However the OP seems to imply he wants to talk about the physical beauty also.

So my inputs is just that....

The "physical attractiveness"…..even for the issan region standard, among issan people

Just check out all those likae group, country singers, and many beauty pageant competition in the region.

Oohh …I have seen many and I mean here…. maaany beautiful girls from the issan region.

I was just speaking from my observations, however your observation may be diff than mine.

there are many beautiful women from issan, its just that these dont marry farangs! those that do marry , as a group, are downright unatttractive!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or in the case of bar patrons, in the eye of the beer holder.

The Thai concept of beautiful is different from the Western one.

For Thais it seems skin colour is the first base, followed by other features. For Westerners, skin colour is usually not as relevant as other things, like body tone... and apart from that, people have their own individual preferences too.

Which should be a good thing, otherwise we'd all hang out for the exact same partners and it would be more difficult for us to find somebody.

The “physical attractiveness“…..even for the issan region standard, among issan people

Just check out all those likae group, country singers, and many beauty pageant competition in the region.

Oohh …I have seen many and I mean here…. maaany beautiful girls from the issan region.

I was just speaking from my observations, however your observation may be diff than mine.

My apologies if I misunderstood your post, you seemed to be differentiating between bar girls with farang and those without along with 'normal' Thai girls. I could be wrong but it seemed a generalisation too far to me. There is of course the arguement that the good looking ladies prepared to work in the 'entertainment' industry are snapped up quickly or work in more lucrative areas than bars and are therefore less visible.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or in the case of bar patrons, in the eye of the beer holder.

For Thais it seems skin colour is the first base, followed by other features. For Westerners, skin colour is usually not as relevant as other things, like body tone... and apart from that, people have their own individual preferences too.

Which should be a good thing, otherwise we'd all hang out for the exact same partners and it would be more difficult for us to find somebody.

And thank goodness for those individual preferences!

The “physical attractiveness“…..even for the issan region standard, among issan people

My apologies if I misunderstood your post, you seemed to be differentiating between bar girls with farang and those without along with 'normal' Thai girls. I could be wrong but it seemed a generalisation too far to me. There is of course the arguement that the good looking ladies prepared to work in the 'entertainment' industry are snapped up quickly or work in more lucrative areas than bars and are therefore less visible.

No problem

It's true the real stunners are mostly snapped up early on like you just said.

And the stunners with education are mostly marrying into rich families (local or not), or with many local high rank officials w/ similar ages.

These are just the facts what I have known or seen.

worldwide is the same same..

few very goodlooking at top.few ridiculously horrible looking at bottom. the bell curve thing.

ugly thai girls would be ugly in any country. beautiful thai girls same in any country.

NOW IT JUST HAPPENS THE MAJORITY OF FARANGS LIKE EM AT THE LOWER END OF THE BELL CURVE. these girls would be funky lookers in any place not just here! ITS NOT THE COLOR OF SKIN THAT MAKES ONES LOOK.

miss boyle is white yet im sure most thais would say she is a bit on the hideous side.

ITS ALL BOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.! EXCEPTIONS DULY NOTED!

The "physical attractiveness"…..even for the issan region standard, among issan people

No problem

It's true the real stunners are mostly snapped up early on like you just said.

And the stunners with education are mostly marrying into rich families (local or not), or with many local high rank officials w/ similar ages.

These are just the facts what I have known or seen.

remember stunners have a choice in their mate. others dont, they take what available, and whats available is older men, w sociail security, boozing, balding type.

"want meet farang" is not an excuse to the couple posters that posted this.

If they were good looking young girls and wanted to meet farangs for marriage, they could hang out at mbk/paragon or any other full of farang area, or even expat restaurants and get into conversation with many farangs on a daily basis instead of banging anyone for 1k baht and having drunk conversations in druken bargirl english.

That leaves her clean, far from prostitution, with free food and a good reputation. probably gets her a better vocabulary then hansum man + u boom boom, u pay.

remember stunners have a choice in their mate. others dont, they take what available, and whats available is older men, w sociail security, boozing, balding type.

I just stop at my last post in my fair reporting.

Ok missy.....you are on your own now... chok dee :)

There are some finer brushes that can be introduced to that spectrum. Not having had children before, not having only 5-15 more years before menopause, not having multiple plastic surgeries from different sponsors, not having strains of STD's from different continents, etc. are some that could be called "universal" and not just "Thai" or "western."

:)

I just stop at my last post in my fair reporting.

Ok missy.....you are on your own now... chok dee :)

you see what i see! i got no ax to grind.

If they were good looking young girls and wanted to meet farangs for marriage, they could hang out at mbk/paragon or any other full of farang area, or even expat restaurants and get into conversation with many farangs on a daily basis instead of banging anyone for 1k baht and having drunk conversations in druken bargirl english.

That leaves her clean, far from prostitution, with free food and a good reputation. probably gets her a better vocabulary then hansum man + u boom boom, u pay.

Might work for those that live in BKK but our village is 30 mins from the nearest Lotus and that isn't a very big one!

There are some finer brushes that can be introduced to that spectrum. Not having had children before, not having only 5-15 more years before menopause, not having multiple plastic surgeries from different sponsors, not having strains of STD's from different continents, etc. are some that could be called "universal" and not just "Thai" or "western."

before i get banned !

uglee is uglee the world over . AN UGLY AFRICAN WOULD BE ULGY THE WORLD OVER.

NOW AMONG THE UGLY CATEGORY INDIVIDUALS WOULD DIFFER WHO IS THE UGLIEST, THATS WHERE EYE OF BEOHLDER THING COMES IN.

I hate to stray a little off-topic here as I think this thread is interesting and I want it to stay open. But I have to take issue with this whole farang/Issan beauty thing here.

Of course, the more beautiful women who choose to work in this arena would go to the venue with the highest payback.  On the whole, a beautiful woman with a high education is going to where she can attract rich, acceptable Thai man, and that is not going to be at Nana.  On the other end of the scale, a woman without so many easily-identifiable attributes will be wherever the lowest-class establishment is.

But to say that foreigners are only with "ugly Issan" women is pretty farcical.  First of all, there are more women in Thailand who are with foreigners than women from Issan.  Secondly, the women run the gamut, as far as pure physical appearance, from stunning to homely, just as any population does. Thirdly, many of the mixed couples you can see have been together for along time.  We have a poster here who has been married for 25 years. So many of the women in these relationships are not spring chickens.  They aren't 20 years old anymore.  And as nature works, a 40 or 50-year-old woman is not a "pretty" on the outside as a 20-year-old, accorrding to most cultures.

I spend most of my time in Thailand with Thais, and as men do, we talk about women; who is pretty, who is beautiful, etc.  The only major difference I see from a cultural standpoint is that most white and black foreigners don't seem to be too concerned with skin tone to the degree that Thai men are, and most Thai men seem to like slenderness to a higher degree than foreigners.  But beyond that, beauty is beauty.  We seem to like the same thing.

before i get banned !

uglee is uglee the world over . AN UGLY AFRICAN WOULD BE ULGY THE WORLD OVER.

NOW AMONG THE UGLY CATEGORY INDIVIDUALS WOULD DIFFER WHO IS THE UGLIEST, THATS WHERE EYE OF BEOHLDER THING COMES IN.

Speak up, I can't hear you.

That is probably a better option, in many ways, that going the bar route.  But some women either do not have that option (you prefaced yours as it they were "good looking young girls") or can't afford to come and wait for their knight in shining armor to sweep them away.  They need a place to stay while perusing MBK, food to eat, etc.

And if someone else they know found a mate at a bar, then this route becomes a logical option for them.  A place to stay, a way to make money, a way to survive until they find their match.

I am not advocating this approach myself.  I think it is fraught with pitfalls.  But I can certainly see the logic in this method, so I can accept the other poster's premise that some women work in the bars in order to snag a foreign husband.

OP, make paper questionnaire an come to on nut BTS station tesco

You will have your answers here. i went to tesco twice as of now and have seen over 60 35-45yo farang men with 30yo "ex"bargirls wearing clothes(or pieces of fabric) that even the pussycat dolls would deem 'tacky' for their evening out at the food court.

Im certain many of them would answer you.

Personally, i think they marry bargirls for the same reason that scrawny/pasty type guys marry fat girls in the west. They dont think they can get better, they dont know how to get better, they dont have the confidence to try and get better so they settle for whats easy. Let's face it, it cant be horrible to be with a bargirl, especially if you have not known better. So they,re probably fairly happy, and a ton more happy than if they had one of those 300pound women back in the west. Good for them i guess. Win/Win for both

First of all, there are more women in Thailand who are with foreigners than women from Issan.

I don't think there are millions of foreigners in Thailand, as there are millions of Issanite women.

First of all, there are more women in Thailand who are with foreigners than women from Issan.

I don't think there are millions of foreigners in Thailand, as there are millions of Issanite women.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but I am not sure what your point is.

My point is that foreign men who are with Thai women are with women from all over Thailand, not just Issan women.

In my own case, while I have gone out with women from Issan, just about all the Thai women with whom I have had more than a casual relationship have been from about everywhere but Issan.

Out of curiousity, I wonder where most of the Thai men who are with foreign women come from, or Thai men who are with foreign men.