110kg To 98.0 And Falling.........

skippybangkok

"That is why BMI is utterly worthless."

Strange, I've never read anyone with a low-to-normal BMI claim that. BMI is a tool, but not the only tool, to do a quick relative health assessment.

Just read the latest on it, for gym rats its really useless. Google is your friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone needs to find what works for them. I was 95kg and am now 82 kg over several months.

I skip breakfast, except coffee and coconut juice, but always have.

Lunch, fruit only.

Dinner, sandwich or some fish etc, plenty of veges.

Still drink 3 times per week.

Once a week can snack out, usually after a low cal fish meal though.

Swim laps 4 times per week.

Do my own renovation labouring, sanding walls etc. Builds up the arms, back and shoulders.

When I hit 78 kg I will start adding back in to find what keeps me there, as the current regime will go past that otherwise.

Best to ease it down and your body will adjust and still feel full. As you start to see the kilos coming off it inspires you more.

Next time I hear "handsome man" I may even believe it.

• 1 month later...
Thanks.......... next addition i want to talk about is the "plateau"

I noticed on the way up, i would stay at a certain weight for a long time no matter what i ate, and then boom, like over night you would increase to the next plateau.

Well, on the way back down, i have the same issue. I was falling constantly 2kg / month until i hit 96kg. was flat at 96 for 6 weeks, and finally resorted to drastic measures - swimming again :) I am up to 1200meters free style non stop......... maybe 4x a week, eat the same as before..... and still hanging at 96. Baffles me.

I have read that the plateau is quite common, and occurs because your body responds to the new eating and work out regime and settles at its new equilibrium, based on your new weight, you need to adjust your work out / diet to either eat less / burn more calories to continue losing weight.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nicely done just keep it going, consistency is the thing that works best. No need to go extreme if your consistent you get there too.

I am a bit more extreme but that is because i love working out but still i try not to overdo it.

The only problem is the lower you get the harder it is to loose more and you will hit plateau's once in a while.

Well done Skippy.

The rewards are certainly there aren't they? Just getting in and out of a plane seat used to be a nightmare for me.

Surprisingly, no more sore backs....... not sure for how long though :)

Where did you have a sore back ? Lower back ? if so it will stay away. You could also add some exercise for the lower back too.

Yeh, lower back........ not really into the exercise thingy yet....might get back to swimming again though

if its the lower back it might be gone for good because you don't weigh as much as before so sleeping is not so hard on your back.