'over Fat'

iainiain101

What with all the fine dining recommendations on here, when I recently had my annual medical the nurse told me that as well as her, I was 'Over Fat'. To be honest it did sound better than over weight, but rather more final!

Being 'Over Fat' in Chiang Mai has a few issues, one of which is finding large enough shirts. Oddly shorts and trousers I can buy easily at all stores 'off the peg', and could afford to gain another 8 inches around the waist with no shopping problems. Mrs may leave me though!

"The Export" (not spelt in German to avoid advertising) has a reasonable range of shirts, but I do struggle to find shirts wide enough in the shoulders.

This morning the Mrs wanted to go shopping at Airport Plaza and I agreed to accompany her. On arrival I immediately spotted the advertising for the "Over Size" sale. We agreed to split up, and off I trotted to find some needed new shirts.

After a while I began to suspect that there was no such sale, and to be honest it was what I had been expecting. I was pointed in many different directions, mainly to the affore mentioned German named shop. But I kept perservering, and it became fun in its own way when the Thai Mrs joined up with me and began to enquire in Thai exactly where theese "Over Size" items where.

So if you are 'Over Fat' you at least get some good excercise looking for the sale.

If I am wrong and there is a 'Over Size' sale, please let me know.

Iain

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Iain,

There is definitely a specific store near Tops on what I call the "basement" level of Airport Plaza that has up to giant size clothing suitable for large farangs.

As I recall : with Tops at your back : walk straight ahead and take the center aisle, look for the shop on the left side.

best, ~o:37;

Would they have long sleeved office shirts? Sleeves on the regular shirts tend to be too short for me. (Yes my knuckles drag on the floor when I walk :D )

Hi Khwai, I have seen you around town. Hansome man with the bleeding knuckles. :D Good pool player though. It is fun typing people I see in CM

as TV posters. Mostly I am wrong, but is fun for me anyway. Hope to meet some at the Tuskers party next week-end. See you there. I am the gay guy in the pink tutu. Say hello, don't be shy :) Seriously your posts have been a nice addition to TV, you are quick and direct, full of insight, thanks for your efforts to make TV a place to visit.

Airports and weight are not friends.

A friend of mine checked in with her luggage. She is slim, weighs around 55kg.

The ground-stewardess looks at her and says: "Miss, you have over-weight".

Didn't sound pleasant either....

Would they have long sleeved office shirts? Sleeves on the regular shirts tend to be too short for me. (Yes my knuckles drag on the floor when I walk :) )

Im sure they sell office shirts yes, although im not sure if they sell long Sleeved shirts or not