Anyone Live In Khantharalak Or Is It Only Me

bergerac

I have a house in Khantharalak [ or rather my wife has ].

When I visit three times a year the only falangs I see in the village are on a pit stop before Cambodia.

Anyone else in my area.

That's between Buriram and Korat isn't it. You'll probably find that there is at least one farang to nearly every village along that stretch. Don't worry about the lack of replies though, there is probably only one computor amoung the lot of them.

yes guys I know where it is thanks.

Well, I didn't;

I thought it was near me just off Highway 214.

But now I realise its about 120km away.

Looks like you are the only one.

BTW, where are people going on the visa run there, I thought the border there was informal and only to look at the temple (or am I thinking of the wrong place again).

Mattnich you are correct there is no border crossing into Cambodia

but many falangs use the Khantharalak hotel as a base to visit wat phra viharn which although in Cambodia access is only from the Thai side.

Lampard 10 , yes I am from Jersey.

What is your business?.................is it something you think I would be interested in?.

I am always open to suggestions.

wat phra viharn which although in Cambodia access is only from the Thai side.

Well;

funny you should say that, you can find a guide to take you down the hill. I would never do that for 2 reasons Firstly the land-mines and secondly, you aren't legally leaving and entering a country.

The last time I was there, this guy turned up covered in mud and looking very hot. He had ridden his motor-bike up the hill.

When I asked him about the land mines "Oh yes", I was lucky.

Mattnich you are correct there is no border crossing into Cambodia

but many falangs use the Khantharalak hotel as a base to visit wat phra viharn which although in Cambodia access is only from the Thai side.

Lampard 10 , yes I am from Jersey.

What is your business?.................is it something you think I would be interested in?.

I am always open to suggestions.

I own an internet cafe.........amoungst other things,not far from you. In fact my wifes out on a taxi job at the mo to Phra viharn. Should be passing you by around now.

check us out on http://farangconnection.awebspace.com

wat phra viharn which although in Cambodia access is only from the Thai side.

Well;

funny you should say that, you can find a guide to take you down the hill. I would never do that for 2 reasons Firstly the land-mines and secondly, you aren't legally leaving and entering a country.

The last time I was there, this guy turned up covered in mud and looking very hot. He had ridden his motor-bike up the hill.

When I asked him about the land mines "Oh yes", I was lucky.

The last time I was there,two guys with mine detectors disappeared into the jungle. This was followed a couple of mins later by a couple of almighty bangs. Found what they were looking for obviously. Tip: If you go DO NOT stray off the path.

Lampard 10,

Great website.

I usually travel up from Pattaya so whatever way I go I am ready for a break when I hit Surin.

I will be back your way later this year, how far from the main highway are you?.

Edited by bergerac

Mattnich, last time I was there  [Jan] the army were asking 200 baht per person as they had cleared all the mines I realise how stupid I was as I was jumping  off the trail looking for good photos.

Thats right, cleared the mines off the track.

One time I was there, they were clearing mines 1 metre from the main staircase.

After actually seeing the mines, nothing was going to get me off the track.

Thats what suprised me so much about the guy who rode his motor-bike (Yes a falang) up the hill.

Personally I think the Temple in Burriram is far better to visit, maybe not as big, but in far better condition and no mines.