Ubon Farrang's Search...

Mr-Ubon

In my own view most of the farangs I see coming here are some of the same ones I see in Pattaya or Patong...  Loud, fat, bald, smoking, rude, tattooed jackasses that have come because they think that Ubon is an extension of Pattaya and they will find some drop-dead gorgeous Isaan girl that is just dying to jump in bed with their degenerate selves.... or they are here because they met a whore in Pattaya, BKK, Patong or Samui and are back here to meet the girl's parents and family. 

Vern

I can see why you don't meet very many people. So can anyone prove this <deleted> wrong? Are there any of you in Ubon that do not fall into this catogary. I certainly wouldn't want to meet someone with a view as biased as yours.

He's wrong, I don't smoke :o

Seriously, though, I hate to think that everyone who sees my wife and I walking around BigC think that way (of course many do).

Marco, you have mentioned all the Norwegians in Phibun a couple of times - I have never seen one there, not even a Viking ship on the Mae Nam Mun !! I have met one English guy who lives there, and know of a German who has a house there (but I heard he passed away recently whilst in Germany ?), and more recently I heard of a Dutch guy who lives there (but haven't met him yet). I am English and have a house outside Phibun but don't live there full time yet.

I will be in Phibun over Xmas and New Year, so hopefully will meet some of you other locals in BigC or elsewhere - I just hope no-one assumes that I am a "rude jackass" and that my wife is a "whore from Pattaya" before saying hello....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my own view most of the farangs I see coming here are some of the same ones I see in Pattaya or Patong...  Loud, fat, bald, smoking, rude, tattooed jackasses that have come because they think that Ubon is an extension of Pattaya and they will find some drop-dead gorgeous Isaan girl that is just dying to jump in bed with their degenerate selves.... or they are here because they met a whore in Pattaya, BKK, Patong or Samui and are back here to meet the girl's parents and family. 

Vern

I can see why you don't meet very many people. So can anyone prove this <deleted> wrong? Are there any of you in Ubon that do not fall into this catogary. I certainly wouldn't want to meet someone with a view as biased as yours.

He's wrong, I don't smoke :o

Seriously, though, I hate to think that everyone who sees my wife and I walking around BigC think that way (of course many do).

Marco, you have mentioned all the Norwegians in Phibun a couple of times - I have never seen one there, not even a Viking ship on the Mae Nam Mun !! I have met one English guy who lives there, and know of a German who has a house there (but I heard he passed away recently whilst in Germany ?), and more recently I heard of a Dutch guy who lives there (but haven't met him yet). I am English and have a house outside Phibun but don't live there full time yet.

I will be in Phibun over Xmas and New Year, so hopefully will meet some of you other locals in BigC or elsewhere - I just hope no-one assumes that I am a "rude jackass" and that my wife is a "whore from Pattaya" before saying hello....

Phibunmike

Yeah those Norwegian are somehwere in Phibun area, i have no idea for exact location, as they are old retirees....

Saw them only in the Ubon airport while when are coming to Ubon and after they dissapare in the "wood's"

im currently in US and comming back in late Jan-06

So then wea re back in business again and hopefully we can have I.e BBQ with all farang's together in some place...

Phibunmike

Yeah those Norwegian are somehwere in Phibun area, i have no idea for exact location, as they are old retirees....

Saw them only in the Ubon airport while when are coming to Ubon and after they dissapare in the "wood's"

im currently in US and comming back in late Jan-06

So then wea re back in business again and hopefully we can have I.e BBQ with all farang's together in some place...

That would be good, looking forward to meeting you. I will be back in Singapore in January but probably in Ubon again at the end of Jan or early Feb.

Hello Farangs :D

My name is Trond

I am a Norwegian not living in Phibun, but would like to know more about Norwegians and other farangs living here!

I live near Nam Yun, close to the Cambodian border.

Here we have a new guesthouse(aircon rooms) and a restaurant/bar with Thai/Western food and drink - all set on a 200 rai fruitfarm.

You will find us on road 2248 between Nam Yun and Khao Phra Wihan.

We'll have Christmas and New Year Party in our restaurant.

Welcome to Suan Loong Daeng Farm Stay :o

My email = Is in my Profile

phone Is in my Profile

By the way, I was in Ubon on friday and chequed out Swing Bar. I met a few Farangs, but the music is to loud for a quiet chat. But I can recommend The Polar Bear Cafe(Cafe/Wine Bar) on 60 Nakhonban rd. Nice place, good food, and the owner Tim and his wife - nice people.

Talk 2 U more later :D

Hello Farangs  :o

Hi trond

Iam sorry but I am in the UK at present but I am sure that you must have seen some of my friends in the Swing I hope that they treated you well I should be back onthe 11 or 12  of jan so if you are still there see you then

Reguards Nev

• 1 month later...
Hi all Ubon farrang's

is there any expat (farrang) meeting place in Ubon?

if yes, where...?

if no, someone like to meet over a cop of beer?

I have heard that only a few Farangs live in Ubon.

The last two times that I was there (2003 & 2005) I only saw 2 Farangs. One was a younger fellow buying 50 lb bags od dog food at Big C. The second was an elderly German fellow on his annual visit with his young Thai girlfriend. I can say elderly because I am 59 yrs old myself and everyone 60 and older are elderly in my book.

Mr Ubon can you enlighten me on how many Farangs are in the Ubon area?

My wife of 35 years and I will be moving to Ubon or Warin within the next 18 months for retirement.

:D

Hello Farangs  :D

Hi trond

Iam sorry but I am in the UK at present but I am sure that you must have seen some of my friends in the Swing I hope that they treated you well I should be back onthe 11 or 12  of jan so if you are still there see you then

Reguards Nev

My name is Trond

I am a Norwegian not living in Phibun, but would like to know more about Norwegians and other farangs living here!

I live near Nam Yun, close to the Cambodian border.

Here we have a new guesthouse(aircon rooms) and a restaurant/bar with Thai/Western food and drink - all set on a 200 rai fruitfarm.

You will find us on road 2248 between Nam Yun and Khao Phra Wihan.

We'll have Christmas and New Year Party in our restaurant.

Welcome to Suan Loong Daeng Farm Stay  :o

My email = Is in my Profile

phone        Is in my Profile

By the way, I was in Ubon on friday and chequed out Swing Bar. I met a few Farangs, but the music is to loud for a quiet chat. But I can recommend The Polar Bear Cafe(Cafe/Wine Bar) on 60 Nakhonban rd. Nice place, good food, and the owner Tim and his wife - nice people.

Talk 2 U more later  :D