BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yuliusagungp

Electronic Cigarette

I have been using the E cigarette on and off, due to the difference in using this product compared to a normal cigarette.

I tried the version that looks like a long cylinder with manual button, this is still the best replacement all around today I have found, since I also tried the automatic version looking like a cigarette, but this has a cut off so as you best sit there and puffing along, it shuts off and you have to wait 60 sec for it to be used again.

I then tried a E-Pipe, which I must say is the closest thing I got to real smoking, with the amount of vapor is creates and the flavor.. but it's not handy to carry around, it's a real life size pipe with a battery instead of tobacco.

I pick some up here in Thailand and the rest I got from China, but as far as I know it's currently illegal in Thailand to sell or posses a E-cig.. mostly since the health minister or some like that is also the single producer of nicotine chewing gum...

Any way, I like then and once I find a model that fits my smoking need I'm sure that I will quit.

Last time I smoked it for a longer time period, I get better airflow in my lungs, I got my sense of smell back (not always pleasant with open sewers in Bangkok) I could smell a dirty ashtray 2km away (We smokers really stink!!)

But with the problem of nice design / battery life, I'm still hunting the perfect one.

QUOTE (missy1827 @ 2010-02-16 23:42:49) QUOTE (tomth @ 2010-02-04 23:45:06)

Thanks guys, MBK it is....Missy1827,

Have seen these in MBK, can't remember what floor, 3/4th i think.

On of those stalls that sell lighters, laser pens, chargers, keyrings, and various knick-knacks like that, u know the ones.

I'll be picking one up next time i'm up there, havn't seen any in samui.

Cheers.

Thanks again for info. Picked one up today, after quite a walk through the mall before finally finding one. (3rd fl) Paid 850 for the E-cigarette that comes with 10 cartridges + package of extra cartridges for 350 baht. Is that a fair price?

So do they work for you ? Please let me know

cheers rolleyes.gif

<!--quoteo(post=3193801:date=2009-12-10 12:24:37:name=canukbob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canukbob @ 2009-12-10 12:24:37) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3193801"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2788961:date=2009-06-07 16:52:15:name=TheAceFace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheAceFace @ 2009-06-07 16:52:15) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2788961"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can these be bought in Thailand...if so where and how much?

Any success stories of people quitting using the E-smoke?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've been using them for about 3 months and have reduced by 30 to 40% which is good for me I use to smoke 2 packs a day. Can buy them here in Pattaya for 950bht with 10 refills.

Refills can also be bought at 390bht for 10. Come in Medium or strong.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does the USB come for free?

Can someone tell me where to find these in Pattaya???

Thanks!

Missy1827,

Have seen these in MBK, can't remember what floor, 3/4th i think.

On of those stalls that sell lighters, laser pens, chargers, keyrings, and various knick-knacks like that, u know the ones.

I'll be picking one up next time i'm up there, havn't seen any in samui.

Cheers.

Thanks again for info. Picked one up today, after quite a walk through the mall before finally finding one. (3rd fl) Paid 850 for the E-cigarette that comes with 10 cartridges + package of extra cartridges for 350 baht. Is that a fair price?

So do they work for you ? Please let me know

cheers :)

Bought them for my husband and he swears by them. He has cut down from almost 3 packs a day to 14 cigarettes a day. :rolleyes:

I bought one for my Mother who has been smoking 40+ years, along with the gum she has completely given up the cigarettes now and although she says she misses them will never go back to smoking.

it is well over 6 months now and still no sign of her cracking up.

before smoking to my Mum was the be all and end all, I could offer her a trip on the orient express but if it was no smoking she would turn it down.

try them, they are great!

My dad who is his 70's has been a smoker all his life. His doctor advised him to give up smoking as his health isn't so good. The doctor in the U.K was all for him using an E-cigarette. Early days yet but he has been able to cut out the ciggies altogther and if he really gets the urge then he uses the E-cig. He reckons it works so I'm gonna get him to send me one too.

Please could someone pm me with details where to buy in Thailand. I live in Pattaya but am in BKK often.

Thank you

Been using the e-cig now for 3 days and its great. I was smoking for 30 years and up until last week i was smoking 30 per day. My wife and daughter love that there's no smoke, smell and most of all that i'm not grumpy as previously when i tried to stop. The funny thing is that i hate the malboro flavoured juice and prefer the mint and vanilla. More flavours ordered for a try but although early days i think this could be the last of normal cigs for me. Even the mornings and after eating cravings are no problem with the e-cig.

Been using the e-cig now for 3 days and its great. I was smoking for 30 years and up until last week i was smoking 30 per day. My wife and daughter love that there's no smoke, smell and most of all that i'm not grumpy as previously when i tried to stop. The funny thing is that i hate the malboro flavoured juice and prefer the mint and vanilla. More flavours ordered for a try but although early days i think this could be the last of normal cigs for me. Even the mornings and after eating cravings are no problem with the e-cig.

Still not had a real cig and hate the smell of them now too? the english toffee and butterscotch are my favourite flavours at present at 15mg strength.

Yes I wish to quit smoking. Tell me some best idea to quit smoking. Can anyone say???

You just stop.

Put your cigarettes on the shelf and simply stop smoking.

If you can't stop yourself from doing something as dumb as sucking burning grass through a paper tube, then what can you do?

Kenny

(was 60 Camel plain a day for 20 years and after fxcking about a while, I just stopped, 25 years ago)