Electronic Cigarette

yuliusagungp

The man who invented these brilliant little inventions did so to help his mother kick the habit, but she was already stricken with cancer. But it probably extended her life.

Sad thing is it wasn't soon enough to save my grand parents. Both smoked and both are gone. I've quit twice cold turkey for six months but started again during stressful times mostly. Then just started up again.

But I tried e-Cigs about 7 months ago, and don't even miss them. And here is what convinced me these things were for real, and have staying power.

On New Years at Jomtien, had a bit to drink, as you do on New Years. Really buzzed, not fall down drunk though. At any rate, this is the time when I'd always crave a cigarette. Even if I had quit, and knew I shouldn't smoke, sometimes I'd cheat on New Years since it was just a once off.

But no not this time. I am serious, not even a single TWINGE of missing cigarettes.

This is why people who use these are so passionate about them, and are willing to fight for them. If you've every tried and failed at quitting you will appreciate what I mean. It doesn't feel good to know that you're basically a drug addict.

With these though, I can get my fix in a discreet way, and I'll even hit it sometimes in the grocery store, or in the doctors office lol I get Thai's asking me all the time what they are. But I'm paranoid about that because here, the government owns cigarettes so you could end up in jail if you want to get off of tobacco in Thailand. I always wondered why it was so hard to find patches. I remember years ago when I was desperate to quit, and I walked all over Bangkok going into every pharmacy I could find, and took me 7 shops til I found one, and then it was the really weak strength ones. All had gum though..yuk.

Nope I'm an ex smoker now, and I hook up Thai's all the time. I believe we should take a doctor's word on the safety and health of these over a bureaucrats. Doctor's always worry about getting sued for saying the wrong thing, so if Doctor's are coming out n saying its a good thing, or at least it should be looked into, thats good for me.

The arguments against are silly. Some say its a tobacco product still. I guess if they're tobacco products then I kill trees when I read an e-book as well Because of course e-book are paper products.

And serioiusly, if the FDA in American even half heartedly believed they were tobacco products, they would have regulated them that way first. But they tried as a drug delivery mechanism first. So that just tells you that its all about the money.

These things save lives, full stop. The inventor should get a nobel prize. He'll be responsible for as many saved lives as pasteur was when he got penicillin going.

Another argument against them is that they haven't been proven safe.

An article I read today addressed that and I laughed. What if the government required a sticker on our cars that said --

WARNING: Sober Driving is not a Safe Alternative to Drunk Driving

You can get in an accident pretty easy sober. You can get in one probably a bit easier if you're drunk. But both ways you're taking a risk.

So it is with e-Cigs. They aren't healthy. They ARE HEALTHIER than tobacco.

By the way, when did they prove scientifically that airplanes were safe? Must have slept through that one.

And so they are trying to find a way to tax them. Now remember, their justification for taxing the dog snot out of tobacco in the first place was the extra health burden that they placed on the government. Which no longer applies to e-cigs. Vaping is going to save a lot of lives, but they will stand in the way and help tobacco companies because they can not figure out a way to replace the lost taxes

that they are TOTALLY ADDICTED to. Worse than we ever were with nicotine.

Please stay way from the e-Health brand though, I've heard bad bad things about them and when I tested them they really were not representative of what an e-cig is. I help Thai's all the time, and will help Farangs as well, with e-Juice or E-Cigs, parts, accessories, etc. I have a web site but not going to spam it in the forum.

If you seriously want to know more, just pm me. If you want to be free of those nasty tasting things, and be free of the money-grubbing companies (and governments) that peddle em.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave it a go but have had some issues, the EGO T mouthpieces seem to leak very quickly and I taste burned flavour. So old school again, marlboro red coffee1.gif

I've heard that as well as experienced it first hand. I tell anyone new to them now that the best way to go is a two piece design. Especially if its something new to you, you don't want to have to fiddle with too many parts, and cleaning etc.

3 piece designs are much older, and mimic the original invention that is about 5 years old. The newer designs combine the atomizer, and the cartridge into one piece known as a cartomizer. This is much better as far as less moving parts, less leakage etc. You can still get some juice in your mouth now and again if you're vaping in bed but you learn to either enjoy the taste if its mango or coffee flavor, or keep the e-cig pointed down.

• 2 months later...

I have been using SKYCIG from the UK for the last 6 months. prior to that I was a 20-30 a day smoker. I can order online, but unfortunatley they dont ship to Thailand. I ship to a workmates house and he brings them to our Ship for me. I think a lot of the bad press that E-Cigs got in the early days was due to poor maunufacture and quality control (I think they were mainly coming out of China at that time). I am very pleased with the product I am using, and am just in the process of changing to the lowest nicotine level. i dont miss tobacco at all, My wife doesnt complain about my smell anymore, My daughter has stopped nagging me, and I can run again for the first time in 20 years without feeling I am going to keel over and die.

• 1 month later...

E-cigarettes have been legal in the US for at least 4 years and in the UK and the rest of Europe for 2 years. Yes, one e-cig is stronger than one normal cigarette, 36 times stronger, but you don't smoke one e-cig like a normal cig...(a couple of pulls on an e-cig, will give you the equivalent buzz as one normal cig).

There are 'king size' on the market, which personally I don't like, but there are also normal cigarette sized e-cigs which are fine. They are considerably cheaper than cigarettes but more importantly they are healthier, no matter what the sceptics say.

The only reason governments ban them is 'tax', despite their so called caring, by plastering warnings and in some countries pictures across the packets, pretending they care about the population's health. The truth is, they haven't figured how to tax them YET!

My question is, does anyone know of a supply source in Phuket, as I'm reluctant to bring supplies through customs on my way back to Thailand, knowing from experience with normal cigarettes, what they can fine you....and worse!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

Electronic cigarettes are the most effective way to reduce smoking gradually. They are used by the smokers have been smoking for couple of years and want to quit now. E-cigarette is the great invention in the field of health.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys! just to share that few months back i started off with the cheap cigarette lookalike electronic cigarette. it wasnt that bad but the urge of normal cigarettes is still there and the battery life is kind of crappy. ended up smoking both the normal cigarettes and the electronic cigarettes

then i decided to order a proper one, ego c. pretty expensive but all i could say its is very similar to smoking to normal cigarettes and i now totally stopped normal cigarettes. i order some other liquid such as strawberry flavor with low nicotine and it actually feels better then a shisha session. and now i had further expanded my stuff with ego twist, ego passthrough and combination of afew clearomizer such as ce5.

my opinion for is to forget about those crappy cigarette lookalike electronic cigarette and get the proper stuff. it is amazing

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am a newby to Thai Visa and was checking out some of the form topics. Stumbled across the electronic cigarette topic forum. Pretty amazing some of the replys from people that obviously are so ill informed about electronic cigarettes. I have been on one since xmas last year and I can tell you they have saved my life. My health has improved greatly. I figure they are banned in Thailand which is pretty dumb but then again Thailand is not the only country to have them demonized.. for whatever reason.

Being Thailand I am sure you can still buy and use them. Do any readers know where to buy electronic cigarette gear and eliquid in Pattaya...and roughly how much stuuf is. thanx

I love smoking these devices, they are best for the 15 hour flight but i really like how you can smoke without smoking (of course this si less of a problem once in thailand) but back home and getting to thailand i always take my e-cigarette.

This is the best best place i have found to buy the very best and cheapest e-cigarette products. their refills and kits are way cheaper than most who sell similar (like e lites)

thanx aidenai and Ju5t. Checked the thaivape site and the UK site suggested by Ju5t. None really helped me at all as I won't buy any gear over the internet as have had too much dodgy stuff sent and certainly not interested in buying all the way from the UK. I am actually in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and get all my gear and eliquid off a couple of guys( one OZ the other a Brit) they set up shop about 7 months ago and have all the latest gear, mainly the ego range batteries and clearomizers etc..and heaps of juice. their prices are pretty good eg: a 50ml bottle of juice is $20 compared to thaivape that sell only 30 ml botles for $16. Plus they actually have a warranty ( and stand by it ) on all the stuff they sell. I am coming to Pattaya for some time so was just interested in an any local Pattaya shops etc.. that might sell decent ecig gear and juice. If not much is available there I will just stock up in Phnom Penh before I leave. So if anyone else knows of a supplier ( not internet ) please let me know... cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

It seems that the cheapest price to buy EGO EC4 e-cigarette (that can be refilled) is around 1000 thb in Pattaya (2 e-cigs + liquid smoke to refill tank).

Has anybody found cheaper yet ?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having mocked these for a while I finally tried one, and haven't had a normal cigarrette since. They very much work and has in fact become something of a new hobby for me with trying out all the different products and liquids. Great! I got my liquids delivered (100 THB) from e-liquidthai.com. Nice lady on the phone. As for the cig itself a friend got me one but I think she also may have some on the site.

If using a cartomizer you need a syringe and needle (makes one look like a heroin addict if in public) to properly refill them but saves a great deal of money to buying new carts.

I now have the gall to get offended when someone lights up next to me- ha! But it really does smell bad to me now. I have no right!

• 2 months later...

Interesting opinion piece on the ''controversy" surrounding e-cigarettes from The Economist:

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21573986-world-should-welcome-electronic-cigarette-no-smoke-why-fire

(snip) .... objections seem to be driven by puritanism, not by reason. Some health lobbyists are so determined to prevent people doing anything that remotely resembles smoking—a process referred to as “denormalisation”—that they refuse to endorse a product that reproduces the pleasure of smoking without the harm.

The right approach is not to denormalise smoking, but to normalise e-smoking. Those who enjoy nicotine will be able to continue to use it, while everyone else will be spared both the public-health consequences of smoking and the nuisance of other people’s smoke. What’s not to like?

Hi,

This is a great thread. I have smoked 2 packs a day for the last thirty years and live with a soar throat and terrible cough.

I really need to get off of them.

I live in Pattaya and have been searching for them, but not having any luck.

Could somebody that lives here please PM me and let me know where I can get the Ecig along with the liquid refills.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bill

Electronic cigarretes maybe our first step in stopping smoking but we must eventually really stop smoking and avoid even electronic cigarettes. Study shows e cigs are still addictive and worst thing is, even children are enticed to use it which would be likely lead them to use real cigarettes due to curiosity.

My feeling is that these are a very good alternative to cigarettes. I don't agree with the naysayers but having done a bit of research it needs to be said there are some reasonable reservations:

1. No long term studies to say they are safe.

2. No one knows whether it is safe to inhale the Pg used on a regular basis as a hot vapour, as it is normally used sparingly in

inhalers for instance.

3. There is no guarantee that the liquids used are safe or indeed contain what is stated as they are not properly regulated.

4. The devices themselves may not meet safety standards and there have been a few reports if exploding batteries, although one battery types that have not been modified seem to be absolutely safe.

As I say not knocking them but fair comment I think.

My feeling is that long term use of cigs. will damage your health and may kill you, whereas ecigs probably won't.

It will be for the best when they are regulated and I read with interest the big TCs are lining up to get in on the action.

If they were harmful then I think it likely there would have been real action taken.

Electronic cigarretes maybe our first step in stopping smoking but we must eventually really stop smoking and avoid even electronic cigarettes. Study shows e cigs are still addictive and worst thing is, even children are enticed to use it which would be likely lead them to use real cigarettes due to curiosity.[/

quote]

Nicotine on its own in smallish doses may have health benefits and medicinal uses, just as caffeine does.

There are different degrees of addiction and some people may be quite happy to be addicted. It is the health issue which is more important.

Not so long ago we were warned off coffee and tea. It now appears they are healthy in reasonable amounts.

And aspirin was frowned upon and now we find it is a very useful medicine.

I understand why people are so anti smoking and I myself gave up 5 or 6 years ago. I gave up because I didn't want health concerns like bronchitis and lung cancer of course. I didn't give up because I wanted to and it led me on to drinking too much, over use of pain killers, excessive caffeine intake, and generally excessive behaviour, my conclusion maybe we all need to stick with what we are happy with and try to find a more acceptable solution where possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought the ECIG-CE5 from eliquidthai.com.

It's great.

Now I need spare atomisers,if that's what the there called,

So I rang him back but he is not answering his phone.

Does any one know where I can buy these and do I have to but the same brand or do all atomisers

fit all brands

I'm also looking for e=juice 300 baht for 30 mg.

I have transferred my ecigerette adiction to ecig addiction and my smockers cough is gone but the Thai guy has left me stranded.

All help welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

It does look like these things are safe all round. But nobody can say if there any long term consequences from taking in all that vapour, because whilst all the ingredients are safe for food and drug use they have never been used this way before. But it does seem ok as many have now been vaping for a decade.

After experimenting I decided it was best to not go too cheap, and also discovered it is a good idea to get a design which allows the wick/rod to be changed frequently. Best to keep things as clean as possible.

Some regulation is needed to ensure the ejuice is free from contamination, calibration is another issue to determine equivalence with cigs.

Certainly this getting a thumbs up from authorative sources now, and some will even be licensed for medicinal use in UK from 2016.

Well put it this way, I don't ever see that happening with cigs and alcohol, Red Bull, etc. So I think it is ok to assume 99% safety.

Like a previous poster, as well as some experts on Radio 4, I am amazed that the reception has been luke warm. This has the power to save millions of lives worldwide.

It's really shown anti-smokers up for anti-nictine, even just anti happiness really. Strange that!

• 4 weeks later...

Having mocked these for a while I finally tried one, and haven't had a normal cigarrette since. They very much work and has in fact become something of a new hobby for me with trying out all the different products and liquids. Great! I got my liquids delivered (100 THB) from e-liquidthai.com. Nice lady on the phone. As for the cig itself a friend got me one but I think she also may have some on the site.

If using a cartomizer you need a syringe and needle (makes one look like a heroin addict if in public) to properly refill them but saves a great deal of money to buying new carts.

I now have the gall to get offended when someone lights up next to me- ha! But it really does smell bad to me now. I have no right!

I got one of these electronic cigarettes 5 or 6 years ago back in the UK and even though the model I purchased was the best available at the time it's nothing like the models which are available today. They're much better now.

I picked up an EGO today in the Market Village mall in Hua Hin and I have the feeling I won't be smoking many / any cigarettes again.

The model I purchased is identical in every way apart from the branding to the one at this URL : http://www.really-ecigarette.com/products/185-really-ego-ce4-1100mah-deluxe-kit.aspx

I suspect the tobacco industry is on the verge of being replaced by this 'vaping' industry. This appears to be an example of 'disruptive innovation'.

Philip Morris et al had better get into the 'e-liquid' business before it's too late !

Soon we will find out how much the worlds governments really do rely on cigarette taxes.

• 1 month later...

Yes come to mention it.

i've been off cigarettes for 3 months,I hate cigarettes now.

I'm totally addicted to my vivi-nova cartomiser but I'm reducing the nicotine.

I was wondering why I had put on weight until I read the last post.

God bless vaping...........

Archived