Electronic Cigarette

yuliusagungp

Hi Guys,
I am new in this forum.
I've been smoking 2 packs a day for years. Always scaring to be short in stock. Able to drive some kilo to go buy a box...
During my last trip to France 2 weeks ago, my old friend introduced me the E-Cig.

I went to buy a kit (eGo-T) and started immediately, just to try...

The first week I still bought a pack of cigarettes ( for the week ).
This week, I have not smoked one single cigarette, ad guess.... I do not need.
I feel like when I was smoking my pipe some years ago, without the heat of tobacco and without the smelling juice to clean.
I do think that I will go on like this.

I already feel that I can breath better, and surely I do not carry the smelling "perfume" of cold tobacco.

My lonely concern is to find save liquid ( I have bought a stock of liquid made in France before I left ).
Cheers.
Claude

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi Robert,

I am living in Thailand.

Asked few info about e-Cigarettes on the forum some weeks ago.

Got answers and I have contacted @E-CIG ( check on Thaivisa website )

Contact is Tieng.
I ordered 3 different batteries e-Go like ( no brand name ) + some juices.
Absolutely no problem. Everything is OK.
I have to tell that Tieng is a very nice and friendly person.

+, I T/T the amount for my order and received the package 2 days later. Great.

Hope it will help you.
Claude

• 2 weeks later...

great place to buy good devices and quality liquid is thaievape dot com

i have been using the main vendor micky and the service and products are really good. many of the liquids and devices are priced at about what you would pay in the USA (give or take)

great place to buy good devices and quality liquid is thaievape dot com

i have been using the main vendor micky and the service and products are really good. many of the liquids and devices are priced at about what you would pay in the USA (give or take)

Tah muchly, Aunty Bob. Will give them a go. Kinda drifted away from vaping b'coz I got a bit sus about suppliers here in Pattaya.

Any relation to Aunty Jack?

E-cigarettes, also known as Electronic cigarettes are devices that emit doses of vaporized nicotine that are inhaled. The device is battery-operated and can also emit non-nicotine vaporized solutions. Manufacturers say they are an alternative for tobacco smokers who want to avoid inhaling smoke. Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 different chemicals, many of which are hazardous for human health.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Realy nice information.But what about the look ?

I wouldn't worry about how they look. I've got a full sized vaping machine (itaste 134) and take it out into the bars when I go out.

People ask me about it all the time and many want to try it, it's quite a conversational piece being nearly the same size as a bottle of beer but slimmer.

Those who have tried it wanted to know more, where to buy one, etc.

I was smoking it in Bangkok last month while talking to an off duty policeman who was having a few beers, I complained to him about the nicotine juices being illegal while smoking it. Needless to say he didn't care about the e-cig or the juice.

Customs will confiscate nicotine juices if they find them in the mail and I heard a few shops selling them have been raided and had their stocks of juice confiscated.

• 4 months later...

Electronic cigarretes maybe our first step in stopping smoking but we must eventually really stop smoking and avoid even electronic cigarettes. Study shows e cigs are still addictive and worst thing is, even children are enticed to use it which would be likely lead them to use real cigarettes due to curiosity.

Which study shows children smoke e cigarettes? Coz I haven't seen one....and I doubt it is even feasible to get hooked on an ECig, the sensation is utterly different from a normal CIG.

• 2 months later...

I have only read the first and last page but was astonished at what I read.

As an aid to quitting smoking, here are my own thoughts.

I have gone from 20 a day cigs to NONE overnight.

My sense of smell has returned.

I bought mine in the UK and brought them back here with me with no problems.

The shop I used in the UK has graded levels of nicotine in the juice to help you cut right down on the levels of nicotine.

They are better than patches or gum because they do allow you to inhale and exhale `smoke'

I havent smoked for 3 weeks now.

I do feel better for it.

My aim is to cut down to zero nicotine and then eventually stop the e-Cigs altogether.

For the record,

UK tax from smokers is 9billion pounds a year

Cost of treating smoking related disorders on the National Health Service is 2 billion pounds a year.

You do the maths.

Big Tobacco and Big Pharma want e-Cigs banned because of the above.

These e-Cigs are helping me stop smoking.

Hello,

There is a lot of misinformation here. Certainly e-cigarettes are new and there hasn't been time to do much research. I include a quote here about safety.

"Obviously, it would be best if smokers could quit completely," says Michael Siegel, MD, MPH, a professor at Boston University's School of Public Health. "But if that's not possible, I think they'd be a lot better off with e-cigarettes. They're a safer alternative."

Siegel compares replacing tobacco with e-cigarettes to heroin users switching to the painkiller methadone. The replacement may have its own risks, but it's safer.

I have a friend that sells e-cigarettes and here are a few facts. If you don't smoke, obviously don't start. Do e-cigarettes have more nicotine than regular cigarettes - answer - you decide. There are E cigarette liquids with 0 % nicotine, 6,11,12,16 and 18 %. There are no tars or other smoke products. Part of the cigarette habit is putting something in your mouth and sucking on it, blowing out vapor, the whole smoking routine - you keep this with e-cigarettes and you can gradually lower your nicotine to 0%. Will patches do this for you? Would you try a stop smoking method like this? If your goal is to stop smoking, then your use would be short term.

Want to try? There is an upfront cost - about 2000 bhat for the machines but then you recover that in reduced cost of liquid compared to buying real cigarettes. Myself, I would consult my doctor. Always good motivation to involve someone else in the process.

My friend's Name is Nop, he speaks good English, his email is [email protected] or contact him on line - Id - nopcoffee. He will ask about your smoking habit and suggest a place to start. In a few days you will receive your products in the mail.

You have my best wishes for stopping your smoking habit.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a happy user of ecigarettes. For my own part, I gave up smoking for 6 years but really missed it. Up until recently I haven't been concerned about health issues, partly because I experience them as being far less dangerous than cigs, and air pollution. My chest feels good.

But the WHO has made a real big deal of things in the last week. I have looked at available research. Mostly it seems to say that whilst nicotine poses some health risks, ecigs contain only trace amounts of toxins, though short term safety seems established, no long term data is available.

Am I missing something here?

What you are missing - and everyone else - is definitive studies linking ecigs to a cigarette habit. There is only supposition at this stage. Most of the worry about them concerns the effect on teens who are adopting ecigs (whether nicotine-based or nicotine-free) as a trendy habit. Some studies suggest 90% of cig smokers start in their teens. So the concern about ecigs as a catalyst to cig smoking is real and must be addressed.

In the meantime, it would help if the authorities in the leading countries made a distinction between nicotine-free liquid and nicotine-based liquid. This could lead to more acceptable legislation on the use of ecigs - I, for one, resent being told I can't vape my nicotine-free ecig in my own home, especially as it has helped, and continues to help, me fight nicotine addiction.

What you are missing - and everyone else - is definitive studies linking ecigs to a cigarette habit. There is only supposition at this stage. Most of the worry about them concerns the effect on teens who are adopting ecigs (whether nicotine-based or nicotine-free) as a trendy habit. Some studies suggest 90% of cig smokers start in their teens. So the concern about ecigs as a catalyst to cig smoking is real and must be addressed.

In the meantime, it would help if the authorities in the leading countries made a distinction between nicotine-free liquid and nicotine-based liquid. This could lead to more acceptable legislation on the use of ecigs - I, for one, resent being told I can't vape my nicotine-free ecig in my own home, especially as it has helped, and continues to help, me fight nicotine addiction.

It could be distorted reports, the Telegraph in particular, but it wasn't just about 'renormalising cig use', according to what I read there were references that pointed to them being as dangerous as cigs. One particular report highlighted a young lady as being told to pack up or get very sick. Formaldehyde was mentioned.

I was aware of the link between ecigs and normal cigs and do agree, they shoulkd be regulated as cigarettes are, and if dangerous as cigarettes should be banned.

But what I want to clarify is are they dangerous as up to this point the evidence suggests otherwise.

Dangerous as cigarettes? Without proper testing (and proper regulation), it's impossible to say, but it seems hardly likely. Scientific studies show about 4,000 chemicals in the standard tobacco cigarette - the makers load them with all sorts of additives and crap to make them more flavourful, burn correctly etc. It's these chemicals, compounded by the addictiveness of nicotine, that really knock you around. But what goes into e-liquid? This is the big question. Many people who make their own liquid for vaping don't use nicotine (it's bloody dangerous gear when it's at full strength - a drop on the skin can kill you). Some of the more common ingredients they use are propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine as the base. I have no idea of what is used in the liquid i buy - except it doesn't have nicotine.

I really can't imagine that e-liquid comes anywhere near cigarettes for harmfulness. Of course nicotine is addictive, but if using an ecig to quit smoking, it seems most people (like myself) slowly reduce the nicotine content to zero. That's the beauty of them. For teens who take up vaping, I guess it's an individual thing whether they use e-liquid that has nicotine or not. That's the big grey area for me.

Dangerous as cigarettes? Without proper testing (and proper regulation), it's impossible to say, but it seems hardly likely. Scientific studies show about 4,000 chemicals in the standard tobacco cigarette - the makers load them with all sorts of additives and crap to make them more flavourful, burn correctly etc. It's these chemicals, compounded by the addictiveness of nicotine, that really knock you around. But what goes into e-liquid? This is the big question. Many people who make their own liquid for vaping don't use nicotine (it's bloody dangerous gear when it's at full strength - a drop on the skin can kill you). Some of the more common ingredients they use are propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine as the base. I have no idea of what is used in the liquid i buy - except it doesn't have nicotine.

I really can't imagine that e-liquid comes anywhere near cigarettes for harmfulness. Of course nicotine is addictive, but if using an ecig to quit smoking, it seems most people (like myself) slowly reduce the nicotine content to zero. That's the beauty of them. For teens who take up vaping, I guess it's an individual thing whether they use e-liquid that has nicotine or not. That's the big grey area for me.

That's pretty much how I understand the situation. WHO is not being straight.

The allure for many teens (myself included) to smoking cigs is the frisson of danger, possible illegality and whiff of anarchy.

Making eCigs illegal may continue that. The big tobacco companies are trying to outlaw them for two reasons, one to save their own product and two, to make them dangerously appealing. When that happens, of course, Big Tobacco will produce their own eCigs. Win/win for them.

Fact is, for me anyway, eCigs weaned me off cigs and I have now weaned myself off nicotine and eCigs too. But according to many reports `there is no proof that they help people quit smoking`.

So I must be mistaken then.......................

• 2 weeks later...

I used e cig to quit nicitone.

Started on 24mg/ml.

Then every other bottle (2x30ml) I went to a lower dose. Example; 24 > 18 > 16 > 12 > 10 > 6...

I then started to dilute the very low percentage juice with pure 0% nicotine PG.

At the end I was vaping a very low dose like 0.033 % nicotine.

Then I just stopped!

If you want to avoid vaping nasty stuff then get pure PG and mix your own juice.

You don't really need flavours. Mostly they are just sugar and will rot your teeth...

If you can only buy flavoured juice "menthol" is the cleanest one.

The more sugar in the juice the quicker your pipe will gets blocked / burnt.

Tobacco flavours blocks pipes. Vegetable glycerine blocks pipes.

That's the real deal, folks!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

When i was in the UK recently, i bought over the counter throw away e-cigs. That way, i was able to smoke in my mum's flat without running down 2 flights of stairs every couple of hours.

They were around 4 pounds each, and promise you 200 puffs. And they look like a real cig.

Here in Switzerland, they sell all the vape, e-cigs etc. but it's against the law to sell with nicotine. What i found, quite surprisingly, was that one of the e-cigs i bought in the UK (with nicotine) was actually made in Switzerland!!

I kept the packaging. Just in case there is some sort of new law for or against nicotine here!!

• 3 months later...

Archived