How to renew my married visa

Been married in Thailand for over a year, and the one-year extension to my non-imm visa is up at the end of the month.

Do I have to go out of Thailand, buy a new non-imm visa and then go through the mill of showing 200,000 Baht again and waiting another 5 months for my extension (as I did from May to November last year), or can I simply re-extend my extension without leaving the Land of Smiles?

Hope I've made sense and cheers for any help

Present at Immigration  BEFORE your visa expires and apply for another extension.     Part of the application process is compliance with the conditions including the required financial A letter from your  bank evidencing funds is required and it will be wise to take marriage certificates again.

• 2 weeks later...

What about a mixture of marriage & retirement?

I'm married (20 years) to a Thai, with daughter with dual nationality.

We currently live in UK, but plan to emigrate to Thailand this year.

I have travelled in and out each year on a non immgrant type 'O' visa, but never stayed to extend.

How much money must there be in a Thai bank? (we already have over B1m in a Thai bank account, a house and land).

As I shall not be working, income will be from deposits overseas remitted as income. This is likely to be over B30,000 per month.

Will these figures enable easy one year extension to visa?

Dah.

for a 50 years or older retirement visa the required amount in a Thai bank is 800,000 baht.  This amount could be a lot less if you apply to stay and take care of Thai family.  It could be as little as 200,000 baht. Enter Thailand on a Non-Immigrant  O visa and go to Immigration with a letter ( it MUST be a letternot just a passbook ) from your Thai Bank. Apply for a one year extension. Details of your wifes house and evidence of marriage and visits over a long term ...like old passports will assist you. The one year extension costs 500 baht and it will be prudent to get a multiple entry re-entry permit 1000 baht

Always re-enter on that re-entry permit....check as soon as the stamp is given on arrival at a border point.

Thanks 'khun maw' pat pong!

This concurs with a brief conversation my wife had with an official of "kong drot khon khow muang" last Christmas. Although helpful, they were a little inexplicit.

Your response is much appreciated, and sets my mind at rest when selling up here in UK in next few months - assuming war doesn't decimate UK property prices!

Dah.