Certain Drinks Make Me Aggressive

sagaris

I can... but dont want to drink Heineken a lot. I cant and wont drink chang leo or any other beer in Thailand as it makes me very aggressive. I know the old in vino est veritas argument but it is so palpable as to make me wonder whats in these drinks.

I dont think this is just a thai phenomena as Kronenbourg 1664 and stella artois (nickname in UK was the wifebeater, not mine I must add) had similar effects.

I also cant drink whisky or vodka. Which is probably a good thing. Gin doesnt have the same effect on me. Has there been any studies on this.

im not saying I want to find a good alcoholic drink for me. I dont. But i think there must be some ingredient in certain drinks that affect people like me similarly and they should be looked into.

In MHO this is a fairly normal phenomenon.

Alcohol affects different people in different ways. Some get maudlin, some break out in uncontrollable sweats,etc. And many get irrationally angry. It is also a well known fact that different types of booze can have different affects on different people. There was a thread on this subject in this forum some time back. A certain type of booze (I forget which) had a very bad effect on someone's wife, and many came on to say that different booze had strange effects on them.

Anger is certainly a very common result of boozing, especially as one gets older - I know from personal experience and have seen it in friends who used to be very amenable drunks, but these days the slightest thing can provoke irrational anger.

Personally I wouldn't worry about why beer has this effect. I would simply not drink any. And I suspect that will find that at the end of the day all booze will cause you to become angry if you drink enough.

Anyway, good luck and try to stay sober or drink moderately. :)

I think Jack Daniels has a nasty effect on most people.

I drink Leo out of choice, but it does seem to give one a terrible headache the next day. Whenever I visit Europe the beer does not give me as bad a hangover. Maybe its dehydration caused by the heat, Or impurities in the beer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...