Automatic Car Wash

Some one asked me today If I knew where to buy an automatic drive through carwash. I don't so does somebody else know of a supplier in Thailand and a guess about set up costs would help. Thanks.

Some one asked me today If I knew where to buy an automatic drive through carwash. I don't so does somebody else know of a supplier in Thailand and a guess about set up costs would help. Thanks.

There are 2 in Phuket, German me think. One in rawi area, one in Chalong/Phuket town area. They v had ads in Phuket gazette, so search there. I dont see how they can make money, with the extremely low labour cost in LOS to wash by hand.

Thanks for the reply and I think you are right about profit but he wants to check it out.

There are 2 in Phuket, German me think. One in rawi area, one in Chalong/Phuket town area. They v had ads in Phuket gazette, so search there. I dont see how they can make money, with the extremely low labour cost in LOS to wash by hand.

I would guess that a semi-automatic car wash might be better for Thailand. Maybe 2 -3 staff wielding high-pressure hot water wash, vacuums, etc. I would guess that the capital costs of a fully automatic system would be difficult to recoup.

And the more personalized nature of the human based car wash might even command a higher price?

• 2 weeks later...

I also thought about this a long time ago but guessed the costs would be high as I suspected it would have to be imported. In the right area, it could perhaps be chargeable at a higher rate than a hand wash because of a standardised level of quality.

One significant advantage is the immediacy and the fact that you can stay in your air conditioned car while it is cleaned. Often the places I've used have had no real waiting area and then not airconditioned etc.

I don't think they could clean a truck though, not in the back.

The cleaners at BigC command up to Bt400/500 and even Bt300 for a poorish hand job in Buriram so I think there could be some money in it if the cost of the equipment was not too high.